Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 10:45:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fillion should be dqed  (Read 1302 times)
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »

drifted into another horse who started chain reaction cannnot believe no objections then he takes winners photo lol.
Report to moderator   Logged
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:08:04 PM »

they called for him in paddock blanket presentation pics and now big possiblity of disqualification bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »

drifted into another horse who started chain reaction cannnot believe no objections then he takes winners photo lol.
Judges are still looking !!!
 dunno dunno
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

blind judges
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »

If you look at the head-on replay?

You'd see that Filion didn't have anything to do with those two.
The outside horse drifted into the inside horse and Filion was inside both. When they broke, his hole opened up.

Although my first impression was same as yours.

Regards Don
NJ Racer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »

My take is that Filion moved into a tiring Let's Drink On It (aptly named to be driven by Morrill), causing Morrill to come out into the 5, and then they locked wheels.
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:12 AM »

IT LOOKED TO ME THAN SYL CAME OUT INTO JIMMY CAUSING THE CHAIN REACTION
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »

TOTALLY AGREE.

FILION PUSHES HIS WAY OUT OF THE 3 HOLE INTO A TIRING HORSE CAUSING HIM TO HOOK WHEELS & ALSO CAUSING A MAJOR WRECK...

WILL BE SURPRISED IF HE DOESN'T GET DAYS FOR IT
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »

TOTALLY AGREE.

FILION PUSHES HIS WAY OUT OF THE 3 HOLE INTO A TIRING HORSE CAUSING HIM TO HOOK WHEELS & ALSO CAUSING A MAJOR WRECK...

If Fillion gets days then the Stewards should be fired on the spot. For  screw the public and not taking him down. I believe he should have come down but TALK ABOUT HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. Was a Us owned horse that was second and Swedish trained so they left it alone.
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »

TOTALLY AGREE.

Filion did nothing of the sort. Morrill's horse was all over the place.

Watch the replay again

http://bcove.me/qlcq63bv
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:29:47 AM by Sea Biscuit » Report to moderator   Logged
Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 08:06:50 AM »

Fillion caused the interference. He came off the "rail" and bumped wheels with the #2 which pushed him into the outside horses causing them to lock wheels.  Willing to wager this one will be overturned.
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 08:38:37 AM »

Willing to wager this one will be overturned.

Are you serious? screwy
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »

Hawk, while I have no interest in a wager, I am curious as to where you claim Filion came out into Morrill.  Unlike last night's posters who were reacting in real time without putting much into it and without the benefit of post-race information, you are now perpetuating the knee-jerk reaction on the morning after.  I used the link provided by Sea Biscuit to see if perhaps I missed something last night that would have in some way supported any placing of Filion's colt by the judges.  Nothing.

Indeed, the replay video shows that from the 2:12 mark through the 2:16 mark Filion had his horse on the helmet of the pocket sitter who himself was pacing dead-center pylon.  The tight quarters were clearly the making of Morrill's drive, and the near-disastrous wheel locking with McNair's colt was caused by Morrill's total inability to keep his horse straight.
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »

Never over turned in a million years.  These are TWO year olds, not like they have years of experience racing.  I see no fault in the winner.  His colt was simply full of pace and wanted out.  These are horses, not cars. His colt was throwing his head and maybe, just maybe that bothered the other colt and made him react and run out or his driver over reacted and moved out hooking wheels with outside colt.  Again these are babies, hard to make them act like seasons veterans.  Its horse racing, it happens.  I see no fault in any driver.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »

I didn't have a bet and was watching the race. They showed the infraction 20-30x. At first sight it looked bad, and after seeing it over and over, it seemed worse.
How they left that horse up is beyond me. It was completely obvious he caused a chain reaction. bang head bang head
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »

I didn't have a bet and was watching the race. They showed the infraction 20-30x. At first sight it looked bad, and after seeing it over and over, it seemed worse.
How they left that horse up is beyond me. It was completely obvious he caused a chain reaction. bang head bang head

I did not see it that way and neither did many others including the judges so is was not completely obvious.....Morill's horse was weaving all over the place and I think he thought he was going to run into the outside horse and then came down into Filion.......I have no problem with the non-call
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »

It wasn't until Filion pushed himself out from the rail that the 1st over horse went sideways.
If it was any other race, and any other night, the call would have been different...and if you can say that, it was a bad non call.
I understand someone thinking right call was made because many tracks do nothing and don't even seem to have judges.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:46 AM »

Filion did nothing of the sort. Morrill's horse was all over the place.

Watch the replay again

http://bcove.me/qlcq63bv

Just don't see it that way SB.......

I did not have a dog in the fight so just my opinion......What Filion did was very subtle to me..
Like giving a push to the dangling branch  (Morill)

He obviously had a ton of pace & was starting to run over horses..

If he just pushes out Morill , who was cooked & done, would not have that big of a problem..but it ends up impeding 60% of the field & costing a lot of owners $

Obviosuly it was pretty close as the stews looked at it for about 30 minutes
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »

Risk/reward was a no-brainer.

Make the move and risk DQ, or sit and get 4th or 5th at best.

A template for future races.
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

anyone who thinks that was an easy call or an obvious call is nuts....that was a very tough call for the stewards and could have gone either way,,,,i do think filion was partially at fault for forcing his way out,,but morrill was on empty and was not keepin the straightest path either....at the end of the day I agree with the call...great race ridin by filion...and like mr ed just said..the risk reward decision was a no brainer...considerin it was the metro I feel filions interference would have had to be more blatent in order for a dq to occur...
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »

My racetime focus was on #5 w/Pierce.  I was surprised he had very little at the end considering the trip.
BlazingSakra

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »

anyone who thinks that was an easy call or an obvious call is nuts....that was a very tough call for the stewards and could have gone either way,,,,i do think filion was partially at fault for forcing his way out,,but morrill was on empty and was not keepin the straightest path either....at the end of the day I agree with the call...great race ridin by filion...and like mr ed just said..the risk reward decision was a no brainer...considerin it was the metro I feel filions interference would have had to be more blatent in order for a dq to occur...

Great post....watched the replay many times and you nailed it Joe......
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »

Are you suggesting that you think he would have been DQ'ed if this was an overnight?

Here's the inquiry replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wakHk0pdyWo&feature=youtu.be
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »

Oops already posted by Mitchky
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:32:25 PM by Sea Biscuit » Report to moderator   Logged
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »

It looked to me like Filion may have come out a little bit, but Morrill overreacted and jerked hard to his right. At the same time, it appeared from the head-on that McNair's horse was bearing in at least a little. I think either Filion or McNair could have come down. I've watched the replay countless times and I'm still not sure. I bet Winds Of Change and he clearly wasn't going to win the race, but the incident quite possibly cost him fifth or maybe even fourth. If I own him, I'm looking to be placed ahead of one of those guys. Some Major Beach may well have won it if he doesn't hook wheels, but I'm not sure he wasn't at least partially responsible.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: