Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 03:17:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IHHA update  (Read 1070 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: August 28, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »

Knowing the importance of cash flow to horsemen, the IHHA is pleased to be able to advance the purses earned at Springfield and DuQuoin this year. As we all know our state can be very delinquent in paying their bills, so the IHHA Board of Directors decided again, as we have done before to get the money into horsemenís hands as soon as possible. We have also been able to get the HGCA, the bookkeeping company, to pay the driverís and trainerís their percentage of the purses earned. We are able to do this because of the remaining portion of the 3% money that is still in our purse account. Unfortunately, we can also say that being able to do this in 2014 appears doubtful, as the 3% money will be long gone by then.

http://www.harnessillinois.com/
Report to moderator   Logged
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »

A nice gesture by the IHHA and lets hope they do not close Maywood Park . I wonder what will happen if the backstretch is closed and the Harmer McCaffery horses are forced out .
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:24:10 AM »

Maywood is in a terrible location. There is rampant shooting and rapt in that area.  Most of it is black related so it isn't reported because the media hates black people.   Please get rid of Maywood so the people in that area have one less reason to get off welfare. 
Illinois sucks

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:05:26 AM »

Backstretch housing maybe the worse living space for humans in the state of Illinois.  How could someone let people suffer with those living conditions. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »

Backstretch housing maybe the worse living space for humans in the state of Illinois.  How could someone let people suffer with those living conditions. 
I got to say Calexpo has the same problem.
They r not going to allow the grooms to live in the backstretch . I think it's going to be very interesting what's going to happen .

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »

Wake up its free has heat a/c cable and is FREE
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »

Wake up its free has heat a/c cable and is FREE
Nothing is free who pays for the electricity and water .

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Gilligan

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 09:21:23 AM »

Nothing is free who pays for the electricity and water .

The owners of Maywood Park , nice gesture indeed.
Free housing for horsemen and horses since they put on the show.

clocker will tell

Mr Irving

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 11:48:16 AM »

Hey Gilligan, What are you talking about "nice Gesture"?   They want to close the back stretch on January 1, 2014.  If not for the IHHA, they would have closed it a long time and been charging stall rent at both tracks.  I hope you don't think that the Johnston's are nice guys and are trying to help the horsemen.  Can you believe that the Johnston's are telling people that they are responsible for the IHHA advancing the Springfield and Duquoin money since they claim it was their idea and told them to do it. 
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 03:56:53 PM »

People at Maywood Park have lived for free for a long time . HAWTHORNE has the nastiest rooms at least they did when I had horses stabled there many many years ago .
Gilligan

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »

Hey Gilligan, What are you talking about "nice Gesture"?   They want to close the back stretch on January 1, 2014.  If not for the IHHA, they would have closed it a long time and been charging stall rent at both tracks.  I hope you don't think that the Johnston's are nice guys and are trying to help the horsemen.  Can you believe that the Johnston's are telling people that they are responsible for the IHHA advancing the Springfield and Duquoin money since they claim it was their idea and told them to do it. 

No , they want to close the back stretch and Maywood in March of 2014 so they get their recapture for the year. The Johnston's are business people , bean counters.

The IHHA board should be commended for all they do to help the horsemen in this state.   

My only point was they didn't have to keep it open at all for all this time, at least they have a little bit of morality.

Mr. Irving , Sept 24th will be the special date and with the IRB in the Johnston's pocket we all know,
" It's a Dead Game Laddie "
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

My Friend.
Housing is all what you make it.
Some of the best days and most fun times of my life were living in back stretch tack rooms.
I spent a fall Maywood meet about 1968  living in the wooden tack rooms . You could lay in bed and see through the cracks in the walls.
The rooms at Maywood now are deluxe compared to then.
PS.  I loved every minute of it.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
IRA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 05:11:21 AM »

in 1969 I had a tack room at bal.  I wasA groom  it was wood  and  had holes like you said . I WAS FREEZIN    had two space heaters, 2 jackets on to sleep .  Iwas hungry 2 .    I remember shakin all night . doh      I WANTED TO BE A DRIVER !  dunno   I didn't have money to eat and my car broke down   bang head bang head     JOHN WOLFE SR. helped me out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: