Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 20, 2014, 05:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LARRY GUTS ANOTHER  (Read 338 times)
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »

First I have no vendetta against Larry Rivelli....have never met the guy

He sure can get those firsters to fire out of the box but this is the 2nd year in a row he has totally gutted a horse in the St Ledger marathon.

Last year was one of my favorites Helicopter...this year a lightly raced but lower stakes quality ocho de something...just dont get the fascination with that race or why?

That horse seemed like a perfect candidate for a 1 turn mile or turf sprint...just don't get it  THE RIV  head shake
Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:23:32 PM »

First I have no vendetta against Larry Rivelli....have never met the guy

He sure can get those firsters to fire out of the box but this is the 2nd year in a row he has totally gutted a horse in the St Ledger marathon.

Last year was one of my favorites Helicopter...this year a lightly raced but lower stakes quality ocho de something...just dont get the fascination with that race or why?

That horse seemed like a perfect candidate for a 1 turn mile or turf sprint...just don't get it  THE RIV  head shake

The race is named after a classic European race of long distance.  Last year, it was put in to enhance the International part of the name, Arlington International.  Such a race was added to tempt more Euros into coming here, as they like long grass races, not dirt sprints.

Larry Rivelli comes from a town just south of me.  He was a talented athlete in football in high school, but decided to follow the horse racing tradition of his family, the interesting Divito family.  That race is so new and different that maybe he thought he had a horse that may have had some ability in that area as there would not be a great deal of American horses pointed toward it.  He saw Block was having some success in this race so maybe he thought he would give it a try.  Anyway, it gave him a horse in the Million Day stakes races.

I do not think he gutted the horse as he will probably run it at a shorter distance next time, hopefully not a sprint.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: