Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 05:19:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retsatter Our Favorite Oman  (Read 470 times)
UFO

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2013, 01:54:50 AM »

Huge chortle from my mates at the university and I over the reply of "Our Favorite Oman" to my recent entry about attending my first Arlington Million later today. The poor sap snapped about me being "a fiction of someone's imagination." A "fiction of someone's imagination?" Is English the daff mutton's first language? I am guessing he never passed his A-levels. And from reading his past posts, he obviously knows very little about the marvelous sport we who do so enjoy. I would bet my last ha'pence he is an in-and-outer who makes large show punts on short-priced eels and keeps repeating until he is deep in the brine. My lads at home would say he must have acquired his work papers at Gaffecome-on-the-Dumb." Why do they let such addled illiterates on such a splendid site as this? And a merry Million Day to all else!
Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

Huge chortle from my mates at the university and I over the reply of "Our Favorite Oman" to my recent entry about attending my first Arlington Million later today. The poor sap snapped about me being "a fiction of someone's imagination." A "fiction of someone's imagination?" Is English the daff mutton's first language? I am guessing he never passed his A-levels. And from reading his past posts, he obviously knows very little about the marvelous sport we who do so enjoy. I would bet my last ha'pence he is an in-and-outer who makes large show punts on short-priced eels and keeps repeating until he is deep in the brine. My lads at home would say he must have acquired his work papers at Gaffecome-on-the-Dumb." Why do they let such addled illiterates on such a splendid site as this? And a merry Million Day to all else!

Uh, you did not show at 1:45 at the horse statue as you promised. I see by the time on your post that you were probably busy writing this clever post instead of showing up.  So you are still a fictional character in this drama.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:58:16 AM »

Uh, you did not show at 1:45 at the horse statue as you promised. I see by the time on your post that you were probably busy writing this clever post instead of showing up.  So you are still a fictional character in this drama.

Busted. Good work, APCD Dan.

No real Brit of this day and age talks/writes like UFO. This guy writes more like some East Coast knowitall lawyer trying to be clever and channel a character from Dickens. Writes about all the same specific Arlington subject matter as some East Coast knowitall lawyers, too, come to think of it. 

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
UFO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »

TO APCD DAN, Kudos on your catch, but my post was in the wee hours rather than the wagering hours. A simple plumrot, I'm sure and a doff of my derby for your attempt at diligence. As for "Our Favorite Oman," my posting stands: he is without question the most intellectually challenged solly attempting to achieve coherency on this site. Why hasn't he been banned for the good of all? As we used to say at Eton, he has bushflow where brain is supposed to grow. Splendid Million Day, indeed, although
I still can't fathom why the officials did not post the inquiry sign after
the Frenchman's blatant swerve in the decisive meters of the Million. Finally, someone, pls start a petition to have The Oman of Goof banned.
Thank you.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:41:14 PM »

TO APCD DAN, Kudos on your catch, but my post was in the wee hours rather than the wagering hours. A simple plumrot, I'm sure and a doff of my derby for your attempt at diligence. As for "Our Favorite Oman," my posting stands: he is without question the most intellectually challenged solly attempting to achieve coherency on this site. Why hasn't he been banned for the good of all? As we used to say at Eton, he has bushflow where brain is supposed to grow. Splendid Million Day, indeed, although
I still can't fathom why the officials did not post the inquiry sign after
the Frenchman's blatant swerve in the decisive meters of the Million. Finally, someone, pls start a petition to have The Oman of Goof banned.
Thank you.

Yeah, UFO, I just saw before you posted that I blew the time.  Damn, the only time I get a nod from Terry, and then I screw up.  Still, your princely presence at the prementioned time was not adequately accomplished.  I felt like I had been "stood up" but I was told by a British lass some time ago that the term meant something else not so nice in your part of the kingdom.  Sorrowfully, our meeting went astray and I returned to the races on Saturday with a sense of emptiness.  Alas, your existence is still a mystery in our part of the empire.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:11:32 AM »

Yeah, UFO, I just saw before you posted that I blew the time.  Damn, the only time I get a nod from Terry, and then I screw up.

How's that? You busted him by scouting the JH statue at the appointed hour only to find him MIA. Good work.  thumbs up

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
our favorite omen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »

UFO, first off, it is Our Favorite Omen, not OMAN as in the country!

You must have your imperiousness up your royal ass.  You are about as British as the Peso.  I will admit though, perhaps you and your fake "mates" at the university should get out of the glory hole, and go to work for the United Nations.

That is because in your linguistic treachery, you have managed to bring the inestimable APC Dan and the unpredictable ClockerTerry to assist in my defense.

None of us cotton to fake Small Bens such as your nitwit self on BTW.
OFO
UFO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 02:46:42 AM »

My Goshwin, Oman, another "fiction of your imagination." We had a music hall buffoon named Ramsdill Clyde who was known as the "mount of the malaprops" back in the U.K. Perhaps you are the U.S. version of him. I hope your punting is also of the "fiction of your imagination" kind since I project with real shillings, your sort of logic is woefully misbegotten. As for your new "defence mates," I was led to believe a rather ambient affability prevailed on this site and I certainly apology for any misgivings my posts have engendered. You were wrong and so was ACDC Dan, so I guess that leaves this Terence fellow as the only unmarred linguist extant here.
Good racing to all (just no punting O.F. Oman, you are an A-level outcast),
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »

Our Unidentified Foreign odds-maker has certainly gotten under the skin of Our Favorite Oman.   

UFO reminded me why numbers (while important) are not the be all, end all, of gambling.   Numbers are always a part of the equation, but logic is what makes a winner or a loser at the track.   The individual horses each have numbers from their past, even 2 y/os have workout numbers.  Then you need to take into account pace, track variants, trainer stats, distance and a host of other variables.   When all the information is in your head, it's like a savory stew simmering.   Many people don't want a simmering stew in their heads, they want a steak on a plate.   They want one simple answer (numbers) to tell them who to bet.   A gambler sifts through the stew carefully looking for clues.   Why did this trainer enter here, how did he think this horse could win?   How can he possibly win this race, given his past performance?  How will this horse affect the other horses in the race?  Only very selectively do you remove a horse from your selections but it is done with logic and deep thought.   

I know that Al started this "Toss" thing many years ago and I can laugh when I see him write about tossing a horse from a race because I know that Al puts a great deal of thought and logic into the horses he decides to toss.   I am afraid that UFO is correct that too many people want sheets, beyer numbers or some other tool, in a handicappers toolbox to tell them who to bet.   It's just not logical!

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: