Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 03:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Night at Maywood  (Read 11055 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2005, 03:19:25 PM »

This looks like a great card!
David Miller, Brian Sears and John Campbell will be here.
My Boy David returns after setting a world record last time out.
This time he faces Pujols as well as a coupleother good looking 2 yr. olds.
All of the stakes races look great.
The Windy City may provide an upset if anyone challeges Morgan and Gold Dust Beach early.
Thin Blue Line looks to be in great position throughout.
How will Art's Day and Leading By X Ample get into it from the 7 & 8 hole?
Plus what maybe Morgan's last Friday night at Maywood!
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 03:35:30 PM »

This looks like a great card!
David Miller, Brian Sears and John Campbell will be here.
My Boy David returns after setting a world record last time out.
This time he faces Pujols as well as a coupleother good looking 2 yr. olds.
All of the stakes races look great.
The Windy City may provide an upset if anyone challeges Morgan and Gold Dust Beach early.
Thin Blue Line looks to be in great position throughout.
How will Art's Day and Leading By X Ample get into it from the 7 & 8 hole?
Plus what maybe Morgan's last Friday night at Maywood!

Pujols has no shot at David at Maywood unless David breaks.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 03:39:05 PM »

Will Pujols even be able to handle the half miler?
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 04:12:54 PM »

Will Pujols even be able to handle the half miler?

From what I've seen I have my doubts, but you never know. As long as he's inside and doesn't have to run parked or make two and three wide moves he should be ok.

If Tom Wendt were posting he could call Harmer and ask him how the horse is on the half and report to the viewers and bettors of this forum so they would know. The horse trains at Maywood and I for one would like to know how fast Harmer has trained the horse over the track and how much of a last quarter the horse has paced over the bullring.That would tell me if the horse can handle the track. But,Tom is not posting so we are out of luck.
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 04:30:34 PM »

pujols trains at maywood. he should be able to handle the track.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 04:45:29 PM »

Who cares, it's FRICKIN' Ratwood.  TC
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 04:48:25 PM »

tc...intelligent post....respond to the major midwest scandel topic...which i believe you were involved in....
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 04:51:16 PM »

Who cares, it's FRICKIN' Ratwood.  TC

Take it easy on the little guy, TC.

I mean -- how great is the view of the racing at Balmoral?   Roll Eyes

Nothing better than the outdoor terrace at Maywood on a warm summer night with a cold drink in your hand.  Well, at least since Spk closed.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 04:55:30 PM »

tc...intelligent post....respond to the major midwest scandel topic...which i believe you were involved in....
Here's another intelligent one scrounge troll.  Your 411 is so way off on things that you'll need GPS to get back on the beaten path !  Your Home Depot comments were misdirected and unwarranted, proving that you are a goof who can fit all he knows about life into a thimble.  I will give an update as soon as their meet ends.  When one of my stories is wrong, I'll be the first to say so.  Until then , keeep dreaming that you know jack !  TC
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 05:43:01 PM »

TC - Ratwood.....how long did it take you to think that name up?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 05:58:33 PM »

T. C.

You want truth, justice and the american way?
Tell me how you've proved that 80% of the trainers at Balmoral milkshake their stock?
And if things are so bad and crooked, aren't you a fool for spending all your time and money there?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 05:59:15 PM »

Take it easy on the little guy, TC.

I mean -- how great is the view of the racing at Balmoral?   Roll Eyes

Nothing better than the outdoor terrace at Maywood on a warm summer night with a cold drink in your hand.  Well, at least since Spk closed.

Best,
EW
Tell me, how do you keep track in live time what's going on at the Meadowlands or WEG (not to mention anywhere else) when you're out there ?  Today's game is great because you can bypass local "sleepy" and "locked in" races in favor of big fields or quality races.  The game has evolved in 10 years time.  Ratwood has become an urban sewer, where the loyal, middle to big bettor gets what - a free meal ?  They don't understand the Horseplayer Plus cards are a nuisance to those that play multiple tickets in a race or play as the gate rolls.  KK is a great guy with a big future in the sport, but he's being wasted on that antiquated 1/2 mile product.  When someone steals my seat, program, cell phone, voucher, or even a napkin off of my workstation, it's "go time" for me.  I just don't want to be a stool pigeon or get into an altercation EVERY FREAKIN' week at that place.  When and if they do get slots, maybe they'll open a smoke-free area off limits to the $1 EX players on Mountaineer in the blind and cater to those that actually add to the handle.  I've spent more time at Maywood than any other track in America, and it can't measure up anymore.  The Silks and Sulky was nice, now it's a haven for lowlives, thieves, and scrounges -that's a fact.  What does it say when I'd rather bypass Maywood at night in favor of poker, the boats, RTN at home, and driving 50 miles to Balmoral for the twice-weekly live "fix" ?  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

T. C.

Tell me how you've proved that 80% of the trainers at Balmoral milkshake their stock?
And if things are so bad and crooked, aren't you a fool for spending all your time and money there?

Burton,

I assume that TC was just throwing a number out there...and maybe it was inappropriate -- but we all know that the prerace is the main ingredient for many starters.  Obviously, you never know exactly which ones, but that's a part of the game.

In my opinion, I really believe that it all evens in the end -- there will be races you'll get beat by the pre-race, and there will be races where you land on the horse floating the box.  If you are responsible about your betting choices, and install enough of an overlay line into your selections, it will cure these uncertainities -- IMO.

Best,
EW

burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 06:05:29 PM »

I just don't like being called out by people who are guilty of the very thing they accuse others of.
It's hypocritical.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 06:07:26 PM »

T. C.

burton, as part of being nice, let me explain.  Whatever the threshhold is in IL (37 millimoles per ?), you can "shake" a horse UNDER that amount and POSSIBLY gain some benefit AND be within the rules.  Does this make sense to you ?  Once person "A" is caught, he knows that the amount he 1st gave is too much, gives less, then knows how much to give to beat the box.  I don't have to prove this, it's common knowledge to those who have mastered the process.  Ask them -go straight to the source if you still have contacts in the game.  If I didn't think the number was accurate, let me clarify and state that ...among the top training echelon, this is the case.  I'm not accounting for the small-timers who don't start many or are just plain bad.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »

That sounds better T.C.
Just don't get so carried away like your know it all friends in Vegas.
I will try to do the same regarding your posts.
I hope that's a dea?l
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »

Tell me, how do you keep track in live time what's going on at the Meadowlands or WEG (not to mention anywhere else) when you're out there ?  Today's game is great because you can bypass local "sleepy" and "locked in" races in favor of big fields or quality races.  The game has evolved in 10 years time.  Ratwood has become an urban sewer, where the loyal, middle to big bettor gets what - a free meal ?  They don't understand the Horseplayer Plus cards are a nuisance to those that play multiple tickets in a race or play as the gate rolls.  KK is a great guy with a big future in the sport, but he's being wasted on that antiquated 1/2 mile product.  When someone steals my seat, program, cell phone, voucher, or even a napkin off of my workstation, it's "go time" for me.  I just don't want to be a stool pigeon or get into an altercation EVERY FREAKIN' week at that place.  When and if they do get slots, maybe they'll open a smoke-free area off limits to the $1 EX players on Mountaineer in the blind and cater to those that actually add to the handle.  I've spent more time at Maywood than any other track in America, and it can't measure up anymore.  The Silks and Sulky was nice, now it's a haven for lowlives, thieves, and scrounges -that's a fact.  What does it say when I'd rather bypass Maywood at night in favor of poker, the boats, RTN at home, and driving 50 miles to Balmoral for the twice-weekly live "fix" ?  TC

All very valid, TC.

If I head out to the track, my lines are already set, and if I act, it will be with no other capping whatsoever.  At this point, if I'm seriously trying to make money -- I'm at home.  I've got my computer, my database, and all the feeds and information that I could need.

When I go to watch live racing, I want to SEE the racing -- and that's the brilliant part about the terrace at Maywood...it's a great viewpoint.  At the same time, I also want to be outside because I don't want to be near the clientele -- haha.

There's only one place in Chicago I would actually consider handicapping, and that's the 3rd floor at Hawthorne, by those 70" screens.  I could definitely get going with a carrel and the four big screens...but that's about it.

As you know, the HPP card doesn't matter to me.  They'll have to come up with something much better than that to get my action.

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 06:20:11 PM »

Great post, EW.  I will give the 3rd floor another look next time I visit TC III in a couple of weeks.  Just don't rat me out to the harness purification Squad -LOL.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 09:17:24 PM »

That sounds better T.C.
Just don't get so carried away like your know it all friends in Vegas.
I will try to do the same regarding your posts.
I hope that's a dea?l

Figure out when a trainer is most likley to pre-race then maybe you'll win a bet. Pre-racing a horse doesn't mean you're a lock to win.

If a trainer draws the 7 or 8 hole at Maywood or the outside at Balmoral or if he thinkks he's in to tough he most likley won't waist the cost of a pre-race when he knows he can't win. Thus, the horse will race dull. Now, if next week he draws decent and is in against horses he can handle the trainer will most likley load the horse up with as much as he can get away with and the horse will race like a different horse then he did the week before. Pre-races these days cost to much money to waist on a horse that can't win on a given night. A pre-race is just a pick-me-up used when the trainer feels he's in the right spot. Now if you're using morphine that's a different story.

" LEARN THE GAME LADDIE " 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: