Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 09:20:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arlington pik 9 jackpot - listen up!  (Read 1105 times)
JoeB

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »

ok..ok...I know some of you are probably like me...as soon as I see a carryover jackpot type bet ( must be the sole winner to collect the entire carryover pool ) I pretty much ignore it....its generally very tough to be the sole winner of a jackpot bet...and if youre playing to try and collect your share of the daily payout - we all know the effective takeout rate is ridiculous unless you possess the sole winning ticket...BUT...

Yes,,,,BUT...In the case of this Arlington 10 cent pik 9...which now has a carryover in excess of 120,000...no one seems to be putting together a ticket with 9 winners....Thursday the best ticket was 6 winners...Friday 8 winners ...Saturday and Sunday the best pik 9 tickets had 7 winners each....in other words, if you had hit 9 winners in any of the previous 4 days...the fact that this is a JACKPOT BET would not have mattered...you would have collected near 100,000...

I sure haven't seen any other jackpot bet with a large carryover that isn't getting hit at all...in most cases, all other jackpot bets are being hit...just with multiple winners so the carryover doesn't get paid...

my whole point? maybe this jackpot carryover is worth taking a shot at...seems if you put a lucky ticket together with a few good priced horses, you have a decent chance of being the only winner...anyone agree with my point?   
Report to moderator   Logged
farquarks

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »

I agree with most of your points Bob. I like the wager and have cashed twice with 6 of 9 for very decent $. One plus to this wager, like all of AP's jackpot wagers is the 15% takeout - very reasonable compared to many other confiscatory jackpot wagers.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »

I took a shot
Race 1-1/4
2 -3/5/7
3- 1/4
4-3/4
5-1/6
6-3/6
7- 8/9
8- 2/9   Love the 2
9-1/5
Cost me 78 bucks
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »

this jackpot bet has had nine winners only once since I posted this ( and of course the day someone hit 9 it was multiple winners)......at the rate they bet it today, the final day's mandatory payout carryover will be about 750,000...so get your handicapping skills ready for the last sunday in sept....

today paid 3000 and change to the folks who had 8 of 9....there were 10 tickets with 8 of 9,,,a 98 to 1 shot won the 9th race,,,

I was wondering from any ap fans...do they show will pays after the 8th for this bet??? and if so, does anyone know if the 7 to 1 shot who came 2nd in the 9th would have produced a single winner??

thanks if anyone knows!!!  joeb
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 01:52:30 AM »

Fridays results....4 chalks...3 second choices...a 5 to 1 and a 6 to 1.....if you would have put those together today on a 10 cent ticket...748,000 would have been yours....

if it carries to closing day...good luck to those playing......
farquarks

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »

Fridays results....4 chalks...3 second choices...a 5 to 1 and a 6 to 1.....if you would have put those together today on a 10 cent ticket...748,000 would have been yours....

if it carries to closing day...good luck to those playing......

I was there Friday. Prior to the 9th race the TV's showed two live solo tickets - on the 5 and on the 11. The 11 looked like a winner until a brilliant closing surge by Stidham's #8 in the last 50 feet under Grahame, finishing 2nd by a head+. Heart attack time for that ticket holder.
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »

I was there Friday. Prior to the 9th race the TV's showed two live solo tickets - on the 5 and on the 11. The 11 looked like a winner until a brilliant closing surge by Stidham's #8 in the last 50 feet under Grahame, finishing 2nd by a head+. Heart attack time for that ticket holder.

oh wow...what a brutal beat...

can u imagine if the 8 didn't fire...he would've had to endure an inquiry on the horse that ran second before he was put up as the winner???  youre correct...heart attack city all around for that ticket holder...
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:11 PM »

Carryover is now $759,941, mandatory payout tomorrow.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 10:42:15 AM »

so if its a mandatory payout , and the winner has only 7. does he get the entire payout of 700 grand ?

Certified Derbytologist
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »

It's too bad that a horizontal for 9 races is unapproachable at any increment for most bettors

The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »

It paid about $20k less than the will-pay showed on twin spires before the race
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: