Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 03:58:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFF TOPIC~~~DO WE REALLY GOTTA GET INVOLVED IN EGYPT???  (Read 1117 times)
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »

Here is a recent ABC report on

Egyptian Crisis Could Force Gas Prices Up

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/gas-prices-2013-egyptian-crisis-force-gas-prices-19624692
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »

No comparison was intended in that realm. I would never suggest that we should expect gas at 25 cents a gallon.  Just something...anything...lower then what we have been paying for so many years.

Simple U.S. inflation from say, 1971 when I seem to recall gas being about $0.60/gal, to now, would get you up to $3.35 a gallon. Tack on some Wall Street manipulation of the markets, throw in some far more unstable, unfriendly, and less pliable governments in the Middle East and Latin America than existed then, and then add a large dollop of global economy that's boomed in those years and greatly increased global demand for oil, and you're pretty lucky to still be paying just $4, if you ask me ... and mostly thanks to that huge invisible tax subsidy provided by constant U.S military action to whack down the moles that keep popping up all over the place to threaten cheap oil.

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »

Gambling will never overtake alcoholism because most gamblers drink too which will keep alcoholism in the lead.

But seriously, you are right we have so many problems at home that need to be taken care of.
I see it every day.  Gambling will give it a run for it's money because problem gambling is not something in the forefront.   Six of one, half dozen the other.  We can supply our own oil.  Why we don't amazes me.
scoop123

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »

Simple U.S. inflation from say, 1971 when I seem to recall gas being about $0.60/gal, to now, would get you up to $3.35 a gallon. Tack on some Wall Street manipulation of the markets, throw in some far more unstable, unfriendly, and less pliable governments in the Middle East and Latin America than existed then, and then add a large dollop of global economy that's boomed in those years and greatly increased global demand for oil, and you're pretty lucky to still be paying just $4, if you ask me ... and mostly thanks to that huge invisible tax subsidy provided by constant U.S military action to whack down the moles that keep popping up all over the place to threaten cheap oil.

I follow you. And more toward your point...other societies pay a heck of a lot more then we do for fuel......
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »

Yes, European nations pay far more than us.  But we now produce enough oil in this country to virtually end all of our dependency from the mideast.  But that's not the way it works.  We all know you can't get the oil from the Dakotas to the refineries easily and our great leader refuses to sign off on the Keystone Pipeline.  Whatever...

Average gas price (retail) in Kuwait is .89, in Saudi Arabia .61, Venezuela coming in at .09!  Norway at $10.12 leads the pack, then Turkey at 9.41 & Israel at 9.28 and Hong Kong at 8.61.

According to Bloomberg, India has "the most pain at the pump" out of 60 countries.  They take into account average income & gas price (India is at $5.44).  The US is at #55, meaning there are only 5 other countries who have better gas prices than us.

Terry, as for your anti-Israel rant & stance, which has somehow become the leftist view, the Islamic world calls Israel "Big Satan" & the US "Little Satan".  When they are not killing each other in civil wars, they are plotting to kill Israeli's & Americans.  The more the better.  The hi-jacking of the left still makes it hard to believe what has become since Harry Truman & Bill Clinton.

To this, I offer my view on the civil war in Syria & violence in Egypt:  I wish both sides much success!

Now, ready to wipe out the thread Dictator?  I just adore how the "guests" in your house are treated.  Happy now, Terry?  dunno

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
scoop123

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »

I'm surprised Kuwait is even that much !  I like the .09 in Venezuela !! Hi..I'd like to fill my 23 gallon Jeep tank....No problem sir..that will be $2.07......
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »

I'm surprised Kuwait is even that much !  I like the .09 in Venezuela !! Hi..I'd like to fill my 23 gallon Jeep tank....No problem sir..that will be $2.07......

Wouldn't it be "no problema senor"?

Also, would you like the average weekly wage of $150?  Shocked

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

Mineral water is more expensive than gas in Venezuela.

1.5 liter cost $2.19

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Venezuela

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
scoop123

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »

Wouldn't it be "no problema senor"?

Also, would you like the average weekly wage of $150?  Shocked

hahahah...yep...I'm gonna get Rosetta Stone and drive my Jeep to Venezuela !!!! Should only cost me $2000 in gas to get there...but damn it....i'm getting my NINE CENT GAS AS SOON AS I GET THERE!!! nyah
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »

Yes, European nations pay far more than us.  But we now produce enough oil in this country to virtually end all of our dependency from the mideast.  But that's not the way it works.  We all know you can't get the oil from the Dakotas to the refineries easily and our great leader refuses to sign off on the Keystone Pipeline.  Whatever...

The oil from the Dakotas is getting to refineries, by train and truck. I just drove through there a couple months ago, and the place is hopping. The oil from Canada is also getting to refineries the same way, as well as by an existing pipeline further to the east. It just happens to move to refineries close by, in the upper midwest, and the keeps the price of gas artificially low there.

What is NOT happening with the unapproved Keystone pipeline is the Canadian oil moving (easily) to the refineries of the gulf coast where it will be processed and then sold to the highest bidder on the world market. That isn't "our" oil, it isn't reserved for use by US consumers. It belongs to the oil companies, and they can sell it to whomever they please, just like coal companies are now doing with "our" coal. That's a pipeline to move Canadian oil to world markets where they can get a higher price than they get when it's bottled up in the US upper midwest. That pipeline is not designed for the benefit of the US consumer. It's designed to make more money for Canada and the oil companies that extract that oil.

And as for the leader not signing off on the pipeline, it was the Republican administration of Nebraska that had the problem with its routing over Nebraska ground water reserves!

doh

Terry, as for your anti-Israel rant & stance

It is not an "anti-Israel rant and stance" to take issue with someone's personal opinion that "as Israel goes so goes the United States". That's just not true. They are different countries, with different populations, and different world interests, and as I pointed out, the U.S. was doing quite fine before Israel came along.

which has somehow become the leftist view

The view that the interests of Israel and the U.S. are not necessarily "as Israel goes so goes the united States" is not limited to "the left", unless you're now lumping people like Rand Paul and his father and the whole libertarian movement in America into the "left".

the Islamic world calls Israel "Big Satan" & the US "Little Satan".

Waaaaah. I want US to be "Big Satan".

When they are not killing each other in civil wars, they are plotting to kill Israeli's & Americans.  The more the better.

And the reason they hate the U.S. so bad is ... wait for it ... its unwavering defense of Israel and its refusal to deal with the Palestinian issue and all the property that was confiscated (yes, stolen) from Arabs when Israel declared itself an independent nation. It's not that they "hate freedom" like that weak ass Bush excuse tried to portray it. They don't like Israel first and foremost, they don't like Israel's friends, and they don't like constant U.S. military intervention in their sovereign affairs. It's really not hard to understand. The guys fighting U.S. interests tell anyone who listens. Osama bin Laden told anyone who would listen. It's not you we hate - it's your interfering government, and its one-sided unbending support for Israel and the so-called "occupation".

The hi-jacking of the left still makes it hard to believe what has become since Harry Truman & Bill Clinton.

The modern righty's constant resort to simple stereotypes is what's hard to believe. Hang a few labels on some arguments or facts you don't like, argue against those instead of the original subject, and voila! instant jr. Rush Limbaugh. What happened to righties who could actually think for themselves past the end of the last half hour of propaganda on Fox News? Guys like Nixon, or Kissinger, or Bob Dole, (or even Reagan who seems like a positive Einstein compared to today's right), guys who could see the big picture and see various sides of an issue, who weren't constantly mired in trivial ultra-partisan label hanging talking points for sound bites? The decline of the modern right to the point where proudly ignorant & small-minded morons like Sarah Palin, or Louie Gohmert, or Ted Cruz are serious figures in that wing of politics is what's truly ruining this country.

Now, ready to wipe out the thread Dictator?  I just adore how the "guests" in your house are treated.

We've had this discussion many times. You're a guest here. You're expected to behave according to the rules of the house, just like guests who come to your house are expected to observe your rules. Quit your annoying and incessant whining about getting slapped for doing things you know damn well are against the rules.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:57:50 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 02:27:33 PM »

Terry, Terry, Terry.  Done sucking up now?

You don't think the extremists hate the US?  They believe that if you are any other faith than Muslim that you are their enemy & must be destroyed.

You seem to think that we were "doing just fine" before 1948.  Yeah, WWI, WWII, all those wars in the 1800's, far too many to name.

And you are most definitely showing your anti-Israeli stance by claiming that Israel "took" the Palestinians' land.  This is your ignorance showing off as there were no "Palestinians" until the Romans created their name from the "Philistines" so they could taunt the Jews.  But why look back at that history lesson when you can make up your own?  Why don't other Arab nations offer them refuge?

I'm sure that your agnostic but for Judaism & Christianity, we know that if there is no Israel, both of those heritages would be wiped out by Muslims.

As for your false statement about Bin Laden & the poor Palestinians, OBL clearly stated his problem with the US, being our occupation in Saudi Arabia, his homeland.  As for the poor Palestinians they continue to build nothing for themselves on their side of the fence, put no hope in their future, instead blaming others for their utter failures.  This while the Chinese contract to expand roads in Israel & grow the country.

And FYI, suicide bombings in Israel have dropped 90% since the boundaries were built.  There are, of course, no suicide bombers coming from Israel into the West Bank or Gaza because Israeli's are civilized, western-minded people.  And no horns too, you'd be amazed!

scoop123

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »

hahahah...yep...I'm gonna get Rosetta Stone and drive my Jeep to Venezuela !!!! Should only cost me $2000 in gas to get there...but damn it....i'm getting my NINE CENT GAS AS SOON AS I GET THERE!!! nyah

I'd pull up to the first station I saw in Venezuela and the conversation would go something like this:

Me: Hola...fill up por va vor
Attendant: Si Senor...you know esso is duesa ocho dolare uno galon
Me: What? $28 a gallon ? What happened to nine cents Huh?!!
Attendant: No Senor...neavo cenatavos is for citizens of Venezuela...Para Americano Gringos..it is dousa ocho dolare
Me: This is loco !! How about if I come back with Gigi Diaz?? Then can I have nine cents ??
Attendant: Senor... Si !!!
king151

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 05:54:18 PM »

Terry , Dolfan .,,,, I would love to chime in on your debate but you to are way to informed and passionate on your views for me .

My simple horse trainers view on the topic is , bring our kids home and let them all fight over that god forsaken piece of sand . Cut off all support military and economic to the entire region . Depend on our own oil and let them all have at it without bringing our country into their squabble . Build our fences higher , feed our homeless , educate our children . Treat our sick . That is just the opinion of a simple horse trainer . But Ill guarantee you if you poled every American , my opinion would gain a lot of votes . Just saying .
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

Terry, Terry, Terry.  Done sucking up now?

No sucking up, just tired of the constant whining from guys who get political and/or fight posts removed from the racing forum when they know good and well those posts are against the rules.

You don't think the extremists hate the US?  They believe that if you are any other faith than Muslim that you are their enemy & must be destroyed.

Some might honestly believe that, or use their religion as an excuse to try and whip up others, but the bottom line underlying motivation for most of them is political: They hate Israel, they hate Israel's friends and protectors, and they hate outside powers messing around in their internal affairs. The whole history of Arab/Muslim toward the U.S. is either a result of the U.S. bond to Israel or a result of U.S. adventurism that they see as a war on Islam. Muslims managed to get along with the rest of the world in relative peace for over 1,000 years, up until just the last several decades.  

You seem to think that we were "doing just fine" before 1948.  Yeah, WWI, WWII, all those wars in the 1800's, far too many to name.

The U.S. managed to get through each and every one of those events just swell without any such a state as Israel in existence. "Doing just fine" meant it is simply not true that "as Israel goes so goes the United States". The U.S. has, and can, take care of itself.

And you are most definitely showing your anti-Israeli stance

I do not have an "anti-Israel stance" unless you think someone must be a mindless slavering cheerleader for Israel. I have a pro-U.S. stance, and think U.S. interests come first and are not necessarily one and the same as some other foreign country's.

by claiming that Israel "took" the Palestinians' land.  This is your ignorance showing off as there were no "Palestinians" until the Romans created their name from the "Philistines" so they could taunt the Jews.

Roll Eyes Fine, whatever their original heritage was, Canaanite or whatever before the Romans allegedly renamed them, the point is they owned and lived on that land from at least the destruction of the Jewish kingdom in AD 70 (?) until 1948, or 1800+ years, up until the State of Israel was declared and their property taken from them. And I'm not talking about the country here, or Jerusalem, or even the half of the country that was supposed to become a Palestinian state before Israel annexed it, but people's personal homes and farms and so on.

But why look back at that history lesson when you can make up your own?

Why? Because that particular history lesson from AD 10 is stupid and immaterial to 1948, that's why. It's about as meaningful as claiming the entire history of Burma is moot because it's now called Myanmar. It's still the exact same people, no matter WHAT you or the Romans want to call them.

Why don't other Arab nations offer them refuge?

Why doesn't Israel give them back their property?

I'm sure that your agnostic

You are, as usual, wrong.

but for Judaism & Christianity, we know that if there is no Israel, both of those heritages would be wiped out by Muslims.

What a ridiculous claim. How was it that Christianity managed to survive the 1300+ years of Islam before Israel was established? Was it Israel that stopped the advance of the Muslim hordes in Europe in the middle ages? How did the poor Christian world manage to defeat the Ottoman Empire 30 years before there even WAS an Israel?

As for your false statement about Bin Laden & the poor Palestinians, OBL clearly stated his problem with the US, being our occupation in Saudi Arabia, his homeland. 

That was his initial (stated) reason for going on the warpath, and would fall under the category I labeled "they don't like constant U.S. military intervention in their sovereign affairs". However, the Palestinian cause (and others) were reasons for him to continue and escalate, as detailed in the OBL following statement from 2009, including,

"The Palestinian cause has been the main factor that, since my early childhood, fueled my desire, and that of the 19 freemen (Sept. 11 bombers), to stand by the oppressed, and punish the oppressive Jews and their allies," the al Qaeda chief said.

"We shall continue the fight, Allah willing, against the Israelis and their allies, in order to pursue justice for the oppressed, and we shall not give up one inch of Palestine, as long as there is still a single true Muslim alive."

Read it and weep: http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-224_162-4102367.html

As for the poor Palestinians they continue to build nothing for themselves on their side of the fence, put no hope in their future, instead blaming others for their utter failures.

That (and the rest) has nothing to do with whether or not their land in what's now Israel was stolen from them, or why there's Muslim hate for the United States, or whether or not '"as Israel goes so goes the United States".

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »

Israel didn't "steal" their land.  And no one who was or is there in peace is rejected, as I experienced, first hand.  But the land belonged to Jews long before 10 A.D.

Just because Clockerterry decided that 10 A.D. should be the starting date doesn't mean anything.  Same as 1967 was not a starting date, President Barack.  In that instance, Israel fought off attackers due to brilliant intelligence, which is shared with the U.S. & military leadership, same as when all the Arab nations surrounding Israel attacked in 1948.  Israel doesn't ask for & doesn't need U.S. soldiers to fight their wars, unlike Saudi Arabia & Kuwait.  They pay a high price tag for peace & security.

But what do you know of history anyway?  The Palestinian heritage traces back to Jordanian roots.  But Jordan unequivocally does not want them back.  Let them go back there.

Here's a history lesson for you: The U.N. voted 33-13 in favor of the creation of the Jewish state (10 out of the 13 who opposed were Arab states) with Resolution 181 but Arabs rejected it & instantly declared war.  The Arabs stubbornly repudiated any compromise that provided for a Jewish state, no matter what its borders were to be. Only in the wake of their military defeat did the Arabs make UN resolutions a cornerstone of their case and demand their strict fulfillment.

And then you make ignorant statements like "the whole history of Arab/Muslim toward the U.S. is either a result of the U.S. bond to Israel or a result of U.S. adventurism that they see as a war on Islam".  Do you not know that the Muslim world sided with Germany before & during WWII?  Yes, that shows the U.S.'s brotherhood with Muslims.

You know Terry, you are just such a loser it is pitiful.  Muslims would lock every Jew & Christian out of Jerusalem if it were up to them.  They would murder all of us if they could.

To not understand that is just pure denial & ignorance or anti-semitic & anti-Christian (see USA, 44th President).

You can now direct your responses to others because I am once again finished with your uninformed rants.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »

Israel didn't "steal" their land.

They sure did. Those people had to leave during the 1948 war, could never come back, and now their homes and land are owned by Israelis. They were non-combatants who had to get out of the way, and their property was appropriated. It's one of the huge sticking points in peace talks now.

And no one who was or is there in peace is rejected, as I experienced, first hand.  But the land belonged to Jews long before 10 A.D.

And before 300 BC or whenever it was owned by the same people (Philistines, Canaanites, Jebusites, etc.) who were already on the land when the Hebrews came in and stole it from them by force in the first place. The Old Testament is full of documentation of this theft. King David stole Jerusalem from its original owners. When the Romans ended the Jewish kingdom in 70 AD, the original owners merely got their land back, and then held it until 1948, when it was stolen again.

Just because Clockerterry decided that 10 A.D. should be the starting date doesn't mean anything.

And likewise, just because Dolfan says the Hebrews had that land for awhile before 10 AD doesn't mean anything, because the Bible is quite clear that land was stolen even back then.

But what matters now, in this day and age, are legal documents, actual claims to the land. The original owners of appropriated property in Palestine have those.

snooze snooze snooze through rambling that has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand

Israel doesn't ask for & doesn't need U.S. soldiers to fight their wars, unlike Saudi Arabia & Kuwait.

Well, fine then, it should be no problem for the U.S to simply quit supplying them with military aid and making public promises like "guaranteeing" Israel's existence with a military response, make a statement that from now on we're entirely neutral in any conflict between Arabs and Israel, and let the chips fall where they may in the Middle East. Let Israel take care of itself, and let the U.S. go its own way with just U.S. interests in mind. Islamic attacks on the U.S. and U.S. assets would drop like a stone overnight.

But what do you know of history anyway?  The Palestinian heritage traces back to Jordanian roots.  But Jordan unequivocally does not want them back.  Let them go back there.

Why? Their homes that they owned for generations are in what is now Israel. One could just as stupidly and shallowly urge the people of Israel to go back to their roots, which is wandering around somewhere in the Sinai desert living in tents and herding goats.

more rambling about stuff that has zero to do with the subject property and land appropriated from non-combatants

And then you make ignorant statements like "the whole history of Arab/Muslim toward the U.S. is either a result of the U.S. bond to Israel or a result of U.S. adventurism that they see as a war on Islam".

Yes, that is true.

Do you not know that the Muslim world sided with Germany before & during WWII?  Yes, that shows the U.S.'s brotherhood with Muslims.

The small potion of the Arab world that did side with Germany in WWII did so because England was occupying their territory and interfering with their sovereign affairs, just like the U.S. does now, trying to shove western culture down their throats, and also because after WWI the British protectorate in Palestine had been allowing an influx of Jewish settlers to historically Arab lands.

The biggest Muslim nation on earth, now Indonesia, was invaded by Japan early in the war and was on no one's side. Pakistan as part of the British Empire was on the side of the Allies, sending 700,000 troops to fight as nearly half of the Indian Army. Some of the countries of North Africa were allied with the U.S.. The Muslim republics of the Soviet union were also nominally on the side of the good guys. Iran was neutral, at least until the Allies invaded and dethroned the Shah. Iraq was on the side of the Axis, but because they were tired of British occupation. Saudi Arabia stayed neutral, but severed ties with the Axis, and supplied oil to the allies throughout the war.

So don't try to give us this "the Muslim world sided with Germany before & during WWII" baloney. A few Muslim nations did, and many did not. "The Muslim World" did not act with one mind then, and does not now.

You can read all about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participants_in_World_War_II

You know Terry, you are just such a loser it is pitiful.

The pitiful loser is you, with your partisan version of history, full of distortions, lies, and errors.

Muslims would lock every Jew & Christian out of Jerusalem if it were up to them.

And what would happen then to the USA? Some travel agencies take a small hit?

They would murder all of us if they could.

A few might think that way. For sure some of the terrorists. There's also some criminals in your home town that would do the same if they could. But "Muslims" as a whole? Utter drooling nonsense.

To not understand that is just pure denial & ignorance or anti-semitic & anti-Christian (see USA, 44th President).

To not buy your blithering nonsense, propaganda, and easily disproved lies is what is called "thinking". It isn't anti-anything, with perhaps the exception of anti-stupidity.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:01:18 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »

Loser & Arab sympathizer.  You are in love with Barack Obama & Jimmy Carter.

You cannot be taught a single thing.  Just like your hero in the White House.  You are unequivocally an anti-Semite, which YOU have proven time & time again.  You make me ill with your hatred.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:11 AM »

Loser & Arab sympathizer.  You are in love with Barack Obama & Jimmy Carter.

Typical righty. His lies and distortions get exposed by documented facts, so he starts calling names.

You cannot be taught a single thing.

I can't be taught to accept lies from the likes of you, no, particularly when they're so easily checked for accuracy.

You are unequivocally an anti-Semite, which YOU have proven time & time again.

Well, we knew this weak shit was coming eventually, didn't we. If you don't stand up and cheer loudly for the state of Israel and every action it takes no matter how much those endanger American lives, along come schmucks like Dolfan to call you an anti-Semite. Just like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who see racists around every corner if you disagree with their distorted and ultra-partisan bullshit.  

You make me ill with your hatred.

So, in other words, you have no actual documentation to back up your previous claim "that the Muslim world sided with Germany before & during WWII"?, and can't trace meaningless ancient Hebrew claims to Palestine back even further than the events of the Old Testament, so now prefer to descend to name calling and insult instead? Fine. Nothing new. That's how you always end up dealing with inconvenient truths. Carry on, Jesse Dolfan.

By the way, Dolfan, speaking of hatred, you might want to take a good square look in the mirror at some of the things you yourself wrote during this exchange:

1) "But Jordan unequivocally does not want them back.  Let them go back there."

You sound exactly like a "send them back to Africa" racist.

2) "Loser & Arab sympathizer.'

And next you will be labeling me a 'n**** lover', right?

You're a hater, Dolfan, 100000%.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:46:28 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »

You will never learn.  You cannot be taught a single thing.  There is evidence that archaeologists have dug up for many years, backing Jewish settlements throughout thousands of years but you choose not to believe them because they prove how wrong you are.

It does not matter to you that a state that was attacked by it's neighbors but is able to fight them off, is legally entitled to the land according to International Law.  This law holds true for any nation unless you are anti-Semitic and claim that it does not apply to a Jewish state.

For now, you're just going to have to accept the existence of Israel & all of the good that it does, discovering new life-saving medications, new technologies and finding ways to grow food in a desert.  The land yielded nothing for the Palestinians because they have no belief in their future, preferring to place blame instead of solving differences.  A people who believe in terrorism using suicide bombers.  See how green the land is on the Israeli side compared to the dusty brown look in the West Bank.

Walk down the streets of Tel Aviv, a growing city where, like the U.S., you are free to practice any religious beliefs or say anything without fear of repercussion or imprisonment or death.  Yeah, try doing that in Tehran or Beirut or Damascus or Cairo.  I dare you to.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »

You will never learn.  You cannot be taught a single thing.

Oh, I can, by people who actually know something. But so far you haven't demonstrated that's you.

There is evidence that archaeologists have dug up for many years, backing Jewish settlements throughout thousands of years but you choose not to believe them because they prove how wrong you are.

What I have been trying to tell you is this ancient history, or ancient myth, is utterly irrelevant. Almost 1800 years went by between the time the Romans destroyed the Jewish kingdom, and 1948. What mattered was who held legal title to the land in 1948, and that was NOT the State of Israel.

It does not matter to you that a state that was attacked by it's neighbors but is able to fight them off, is legally entitled to the land according to International Law.

International law does not entitle a self-declared yesterday state to appropriate the property of private citizens inside its borders simply because those citizens happened to sympathize with the aggressors, and neither does it entitle the self-declared yesterday state to annex the internationally planned "Palestinian State" and add that to the planned "Israeli State", as happened.

This law holds true for any nation unless you are anti-Semitic and claim that it does not apply to a Jewish state.

The borders of Israel were undefined and unrecognized by the international community when it unilaterally declared itself a state in 1948, you goof. It was not a recognized state. When it won the war it then stole the private land of Arab refugees within its borders, and also annexed the territory the international community had set aside for a "Palestinian state".

But, you've got me curious now, please provide a link to this "international law" about how a nation that wins a war is then legally entitled to steal private land inside the borders it subsequently unilaterally declares. To steal private land and hand it over to someone else just on the base of race? I don't think International Law recognizes that at all.

For now, you're just going to have to accept the existence of Israel & all of the good that it does, discovering new life-saving medications, new technologies and finding ways to grow food in a desert.

This has nothing to do with land title claims.

The land yielded nothing for the Palestinians because they have no belief in their future, preferring to place blame instead of solving differences.  A people who believe in terrorism using suicide bombers.  See how green the land is on the Israeli side compared to the dusty brown look in the West Bank.

This also has nothing to do with land title claims, and in fact this bogus claim of "Well, we're doing better things with the land than those subhumans we stole it from" has been rejected bu U.S. courts, in the case of Native American claims for land that was stolen from them.

Walk down the streets of Tel Aviv, a growing city where, like the U.S., you are free to practice any religious beliefs or say anything without fear of repercussion or imprisonment or death.  Yeah, try doing that in Tehran or Beirut or Damascus or Cairo.  I dare you to.

You reveal your true character with every additional line of intolerance and hate you write, Dolfan, as a supremacist, racist, and hater. Your blatant hate and racism makes me physically ill. You yourself are an anti-Semite, Dolfan, seeing as how the Arabs are semitic peoples, as are most all those who inhabited Canaan and those the Romans eventually labeled "Palestinians".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:49:55 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 07:36:03 AM »

now back on track....Stay out of Egypt.  We have proven we cannot..cannot win in any of these conflicts that we have become involved in. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2013, 09:44:22 AM »

now back on track....Stay out of Egypt.  We have proven we cannot..cannot win in any of these conflicts that we have become involved in. 

I agree wholeheartedly with that. But as I asked earlier, what news report said we are getting "involved"?

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »

best post on any thread on this forum PERIOD!
scoop123

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »

oh my God...LOOKOUT...terrorist !! beard...oh sorry..just a nice Muslim fellow....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: