Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 06:24:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Liane and Zoe show  (Read 1358 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: July 02, 2006, 11:04:49 PM »

I like it.

The added information they supply about what connections said, or what an exercise rider said, or how the horse has been looking in the morning from their personal observations, or informed opinion of how the horse is acting in the paddock, is interesting and potentially useful. Much more useful and interesting than, "This horse is beautifully bred; his great great great granddaddy won the Prix du Something Snotty Frenchman in 1937", if you know what I mean. Their comments sound like they know something about horses, which is more than some paddock hosts I could name. and aren't scared to death of them. The handicapping is still a bit suspect, but I can say that about me, too! The show is flowing pretty smoothly, too.

OTOH, I'm kind of down on the 2,000th hearing of, "He looks fabulous, Liane."

Lauren needs a new writer. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 11:16:53 PM by CLOCKERTERRY » Report to moderator   Logged
big wally

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 07:55:29 AM »

I agree their analysis is darn good... They even made negative comments about the Catalano Horse is the fifth yesterday... For a product done on the run Arlington get a big from me. However, the Lauren part needs lots of work.
Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 12:02:36 PM »

I agree that Liane and Zoe are currently doing a great job, especially considering there experience.  Congrats!!  Now the "Lauren Mazzerella chese"  girl or whatever her name is appears to be a waste of time for most.  I don't want to see her favorite chef or her how to make a trifecta bet with fans stuff, don't think anyone can understand based on the sound system for the most part!   
mel4600

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:14:01 PM »

Much improved over yeasr past.
FishHack76

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 10:25:40 PM »

Has anyone else caught this .. I saw Lauren off camera and she looked really pissed off, much different than her chipper, cheesy, annoying personality on camera. Anyone else catch her off camera? She was almost scowling when I saw her.
jdm

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 08:58:30 AM »

Maybe she was scowling cause she was ticked that she saw you salivating over her. Lauren is doiung an excellent job, remember it's AP that created the job, not her.
Double Joker

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 09:57:16 AM »

They did a nice job the other day.Keep it going Liane and Zoe! flag
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »

Much improved over yeasr past.

It's spelled yeast.       Grin

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 05:21:16 PM »

I
Has anyone else caught this .. I saw Lauren off camera and she looked really pissed off, much different than her chipper, cheesy, annoying personality on camera. Anyone else catch her off camera? She was almost scowling when I saw her.

I saw the same thing

Don't think she was noticing anyone else.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »

I paid more attention to Lauren today. She's doing a decent job with what she's given to do.  Ask yourself how Pulitzer-worthy you would be if your producer continually sent you out to the Park to ask some Land Beyond O'Hare Biffs and Buffs what 10 cent 5 horse superfecta box bet they were making on the upcoming seven horse race. Day after day after day. I give her credit for not rolling her eyes.

I've seen her wandering around in the Park on other days, and never saw a scowl on her face. What difference does it make what expression is on her face between camera appearances anyway?

Today for the first time I caught Lauren's much discussed "There's a lot of love in that sausage" commercial. Not as great as some made it out to be, but still quite good.

Another good day by Liane and Zoe.
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 07:34:33 PM »

Liane and Zoe are operating without much direction from management. They are working well together and at least are giving handicappers information that is relevant and can at least cause a handicapper to take a second look at some information that they might have missed. I do wish they would be a little more honest when horses don't look good in the paddock or act up on the track. However it is difficult for them because they see and work with these people everyday. Being a trainer or a jockey (Former) is much different than being a handicapper.
jdm

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

Ok Clocker, maybe your on the Lauren band wagon? Come on people, anyone of us sent out to the park to talk to people without a clue, how'd you do it?............. as for those who are following her and watching her movements, Get a life. The track is for making money and having fun, not trying to find faults is someone else cause you feel crappy about your own self worth.............. keep it up Lauren, superb job. Go suck a lemon the rest of you naysayers.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 08:38:57 PM »

Ok Clocker, maybe your on the Lauren band wagon?

I'm not sure I see the point of that part of a racetrack telecast, but I can't fault Lauren for the job she's doing with what she's been given. For what she has to do she does it well. I think they could find more variety for her. Can you call that being on the bandwagon?
big wally

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 09:06:36 PM »

This is nothing against Lauren.. but as I told my buddies yesterday and as the above poster mentionrd the part she plays really adds nothing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: