Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 04:52:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: speaking of your bogus morning lines ...  (Read 614 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

Can anyone explain why the winner of the 7th, Adios Nardo, was 30-1? Even the Friday afternoon revelers of AP knew better than that.

Can't hardly blame anyone at Hawthorne for that one.
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:23:39 PM »

Can anyone explain why the winner of the 7th, Adios Nardo, was 30-1? Even the Friday afternoon revelers of AP knew better than that.

Can't hardly blame anyone at Hawthorne for that one.

The 30/1 line was obviously a miss -- something that probably just happened to a ML maker for the first time in history today in Arlington's 7th, but after nearly 400 races and 3,122 horses having started at the meet through the start of today's races, the fact that this is (IIRC) the first (after the fact) gloating about a missed ML at Arlington we've seen here all meet, all in all I'd say....

....not bad.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »

The 30/1 line was obviously a miss -- something that probably just happened to a ML maker for the first time in history today in Arlington's 7th, but after nearly 400 races and 3,122 horses having started at the meet through the start of today's races, the fact that this is (IIRC) the first (after the fact) gloating about a missed ML at Arlington we've seen here all meet, all in all I'd say....

....not bad.

The forum's usual gloaters about morning lines don't ever badmouth AP (whether ML or speed bias or small fields or any of the things they're constantly going on about when Haw is running), this is only about the 3rd card of the summer I've paid any attention, and I don't know that HV has paid any attention at all, so ...

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »

The forum's usual gloaters about morning lines don't ever badmouth AP, this is only about the 3rd card of the summer I've paid any attention, and I don't know that HV has paid any attention at all, so ...

Ok, so if you or HV haven't said it, then that's the end of the story? Guess I'm all caught up.

My mistake, but I'll leave it at that, because I don't have 50 more posts in me today to try to get the last word.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »

Ok, so if you or HV haven't said it, then that's the end of the story?

We're pretty much the only ones who would bring attention to deficiencies of AP.

Guess I'm all caught up.

My mistake, but I'll leave it at that, because I don't have 50 more posts in me today to try to get the last word.

You're simply confusing the silence of the forum's Arlington huggers with "no mistakes", and IMHO that's not so.

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »

You're simply confusing the silence of the forum's Arlington huggers with "no mistakes", and IMHO that's not so.

For the record, I have zero confusion about anything on this particular topic, but A+ for effort on the slick job putting "no mistakes" in quotes, like it's something I said.
Daddys Next

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »

I am happy to say that I had Adios Nardo.  I had him in his prior race as well.  Last race he caught my eye because he had Eddie Castro riding him.  I am surprised there has been little discussion of Eddie Castro riding here this summer.  He seems like a pretty good jockey.  Therefore, although I won with Adios Nardo against Piralu last out, I took notice that Castro was switching horses to Mavericking.  I took many looks at that horse.  I looked alot at Mr. Mischief.  At the end, I thought probably Castro went to the bigger Block barn.  I have BRIS forms, and I kept looking at Adios Nardo's 1:38 2/5 last mile, yet a BRIS of 89.  I thought he was competitive in this field.  I was hoping Mr. Mischief would be out front and quit at the end.  I got my wish.  Seth Martinez is a strong rider.  Anyhow, the race made my day.   
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »

For the record, I have zero confusion about anything on this particular topic, but A+ for effort on the slick job putting "no mistakes" in quotes, like it's something I said.

"No mistakes" was my own summarization of "The 30/1 line was obviously a miss -- something that probably just happened to a ML maker for the first time in history today in Arlington's 7th, but after nearly 400 races and 3,122 horses having started at the meet through the start of today's races, the fact that this is (IIRC) the first (after the fact) gloating about a missed ML at Arlington we've seen here all meet, all in all I'd say...."

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 07:10:56 PM »

"No mistakes" was my own summarization of "The 30/1 line was obviously a miss -- something that probably just happened to a ML maker for the first time in history today in Arlington's 7th, but after nearly 400 races and 3,122 horses having started at the meet through the start of today's races, the fact that this is (IIRC) the first (after the fact) gloating about a missed ML at Arlington we've seen here all meet, all in all I'd say...."

Well, "no mistakes" is a far cry from my pointing out the lack of the kind of obvious miss that would merit its own post on the local racing message board.

At its most generous that's a willful misrepresentation of what I said, at worst it's just picking an argument.

Especially rich, after the fact, from a guy who hounded me for days and days on end some time ago because I didn't specifically point out an overlay opportunity in the exact way he wanted me to. Considering it was such a wild, obvious miss that deserved this post, it's at the very least interesting to me that nothing was said until the horse loaded and won at 11/1, and not a moment sooner.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Well, "no mistakes" is a far cry from my pointing out the lack of the kind of obvious miss that would merit its own post on the local racing message board.

Okay, let's change the wording to "no complaints". Same thing - just because there haven't been the complaints does not necessarily equate to the quoted conclusion.

At its most generous that's a willful misrepresentation of what I said, at worst it's just picking an argument.

Excuse me, but I'm merely doing the same thing that goes on all winter, making a mountain out of a meaningless morning line molehill. The "argument" about it seems to be mostly coming from your direction.

Especially rich, after the fact, from a guy who hounded me for days and days on end some time ago because I didn't specifically point out an overlay opportunity in the exact way he wanted me to.

What guy was that? Could you point out that thread, so we can review it and see who said what? I certainly don't remember that being me. And could you explain further the relevance of that to this?

Considering it was such a wild, obvious miss that deserved this post, it's at the very least interesting to me that nothing was said until the horse loaded and won at 11/1, and not a moment sooner.

"My mistake, but I'll leave it at that, because I don't have 50 more posts in me today to try to get the last word."

(But I do have 6 or 8 or 10, I guess.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:35:44 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »

Okay, let's change the wording to "no complaints". Same thing - just because there haven't been the complaints does not necessarily equate to the quoted conclusion.

Excuse me, but I'm merely doing the same thing that goes on all winter, making a mountain out of a meaningless morning line molehill. The "argument" about it seems to be mostly coming from your direction.

What guy was that? Could you point out that thread, so we can review it and see who said what? I certainly don't remember that being me. And could you explain further the relevance of that to this?

"My mistake, but I'll leave it at that, because I don't have 50 more posts in me today to try to get the last word."

(But I do have 6 or 8 or 10, I guess.)

Well, yea, when you twist and bend people's words to try to argue a point nobody is actually making, my choice is to let that misrepresentation of my words stand, or to respond.

Trust me, I have no interest in going on a three day feud with you in which you kind of respond to what I'm saying, but mostly just continue to say what you want without regard to what I actually said....but I have been quickly reminded of why that always seems to happen....with you.

Good night, terry.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »

Well, yea, when you twist and bend people's words to try to argue a point nobody is actually making, my choice is to let that misrepresentation of my words stand, or to respond.

Like I said, "no mistakes" was my personal summary of your longer statement that there had been no complaints up to now through 400 race and 3,122 horses which, to the lay reader, looks a lot like a boast that things had been pretty accurate up to now. If you have a problem with that summary, so be it, you have a problem with it.

Trust me, I have no interest in going on a three day feud

Great. We're of the same mind. I honestly expected my original post would be recognized for the dig at the usual suspects who bash Haw's ML all winter, and no one would respond to it at all.

But before you go, please do produce that former thread in which I supposedly did what you accused me of doing, just so we'll know that you're not misrepresenting what anyone else wrote in any way.

APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »

Brian, keep up the good work.  Terry is just an actor, you know, his main role is portraying the back end of a horse.  He is very good at it as he does it a lot.  Obviously, he suffers some sort of Hawthorne inferiority complex that we usually get a break from in the summer since he is not around these parts in the summer.  The best thing to do is ignore him as he loves to argue, he lives for it.  Guess it is lonely out there in the mountains with nobody to fight with.

Hope to see you doing your usual good paddock round-ups on Saturday.  Enjoy the big day!
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »

Your words will be dissected like an 8th grade frog BWS......

Somehow if you like Arlington- you are non knowing horseplayer that likes over priced beer & hates Hawthorne...
I am not sure how every comment gets ties in with AP vs Haw, maybe its an inferiority or Napoleon complex but we are all on the same team...right

I actually thought the morning line was a mis print...He opened at 10-1 & pretty much stayed there which was still an excellent price for an impressive last out winner vs some questionable form horses (albeit slightly tougher company)...actually felt like the 12 was best horse on form but ain't touching the 12  (10 with scratches) going 1 mile...maybe 1 1 /16 but not the flat mile.
Add the fact that Seth Martinez was En Fuego today & some people were very happy.....

While i did hit the 7-8 double, needed Shang hai Red in the 8th to cap the pic 3 & would have hit the pick 4......Thanks Diego
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »

Your words will be dissected like an 8th grade frog BWS......

Gad, you guys are utterly clueless, which, while unsurprising from APCD Dan, does surprise me from you PL as you're brighter than that.

This banter/AP bashing that I post, and I don't know about HV but I suspect from him too, is nothing more than a mirror reflection of the same nonsensical junk various posters spew all over the forum all winter. "These Hawthorne fields are small, wah wah wah". Well, okay, they're small at AP, too, so we'll be sure to point that out during the summer, as well. "There's a terrible speed bias at Hawthorne, when will they ever doooooooo something, wah wah wah." Well, it's even worse at AP this year, so we'll point that out, too. And the always popular, "The Hawthorne ML on this horse was just terrible, who makes that junk?" Well okay, here was an awful one at AP, too, so we'll point that out as well (but, being slightly more classy than the AP huggers, won't be so crude as to specifically ask who made that junk).

Don't like it? Think it's stupid? Take a good long look in the mirror and see where it is that stupidity originates.

Somehow if you like Arlington- you are non knowing horseplayer that likes over priced beer & hates Hawthorne...

The thread here is about a morning line, PL.  Let's not go overboard injecting other junk like the forum's useless drooling idiot APCD Dan does.

Mohawk Emeritus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 01:38:00 AM »

Agree
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: