Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 08:52:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Perfect Day  (Read 307 times)
beobob

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »

Even though it is owned by the most evil corporation to ever exist, charges excessive admission, gouges its captives with outrageous concession prices, charges to park close, attempted to force horsemen to make horses stabled there run in races, runs races on old tires, makes its grandstand workers wear polyester jackets on hot days, is widely believed to have been responsible for the 2008 housing collapse, and has done nothing to stop the drought in Africa, it seems to be a perfect day to go watch some races at Arlington Park.

Look for me, I'll be the one cashing tickets with a gym bag full of cash.  There is a slight possibility the gym bag might be full of tickets I've pick up off the floor that I will be searching through all weekend to see if anyone threw away a winner, but very slight.
Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »

...it seems to be a perfect day to go watch some races at Arlington Park.

Have fun.

I am too excited about pulling off the Pacific Time Zone Double (upcoming trips to LV and then on to Del Mar later this month), as part of the Summer Triple Extravaganza (add in Saratoga for 1 week in August, tbd).

AP just doesn't register; it's like comparing a day at a church carnival to a trip to Disney World.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:54:19 AM »

Have fun.

I am too excited about pulling off the Pacific Time Zone Double (upcoming trips to LV and then on to Del Mar later this month), as part of the Summer Triple Extravaganza (add in Saratoga for 1 week in August, tbd).

AP just doesn't register; it's like comparing a day at a church carnival to a trip to Disney World.

I am having my stay at at home triple dipper.  I've printed up Belmont and Hollywood.  I might be a hugger, but I'm not stupid. A couple nice opportunities await.  Just seems too nice of a day to stay inside.

I would imagine there are some churches in San Francisco whose carnivals might give Disney a run.

BTW I showed my son in law your backwheel exacta place bet, and he cashed a $300  ticket on a dollar.  You have another convert.  He is now a firm believer that ALL means ALL.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »

Even though it is owned by the most evil corporation to ever exist, charges excessive admission, gouges its captives with outrageous concession prices, charges to park close, attempted to force horsemen to make horses stabled there run in races, runs races on old tires, makes its grandstand workers wear polyester jackets on hot days, is widely believed to have been responsible for the 2008 housing collapse, and has done nothing to stop the drought in Africa, it seems to be a perfect day to go watch some races at Arlington Park.

Tomorrow, you mean?

You're correct, it looks as though tomorrow will be a nice day where the actual racing product produced by Arlington Park will be the draw and the centerpiece, as opposed to someone else's races, a holiday, a fireworks show, etc. So that's one for Illinois' premier track.

Plus food trucks!

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
amtino06

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »

Have fun.

Now THAT is some serious summer excitement.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »

BTW I showed my son in law your backwheel exacta place bet, and he cashed a $300  ticket on a dollar.  You have another convert.  He is now a firm believer that ALL means ALL.

Tell him I said, "nice hit!". And the truth is, I picked it up from Mark Cramer, author of "Kinky Handicapping".

Re: "ALL means ALL", I want to reinforce this point. Don't get cheap at the wrong time: you know damn well what will happen if you try to demonstrate how "sharp" you are be leaving off one or two horses that "just can't win", to save a few shekels.  doh

Lastly, the next time he has a $40 winner that also pays $20 to place, it may sting a bit for him to have only the "W" and no "P", so you will have to remind him when he made a nice pile running 2nd to some slobbola 80-1 shot.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 07:07:40 PM »

ut oh...

saturday food trucks.. popcorn..?

that may just be enough to sway me to make a public appearance.

the weather is immaculate,
the product on saturday is world  class...late afternoon
food trucks
dancing girls.

despite thats it is AP..
i might have to suffer through that and go out there Saturday

how do i get a free ticket ?

Certified Derbytologist
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: