Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:05:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blaming Drivers: Meadowlands list night  (Read 445 times)
the exactorman

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:40:06 AM »

I am always the one to say that when I lose, I blame myself and not the driver.
I will contradict myself with this post. Ron Peirce put on a driving "display" last night, and that's coming from someone who believes he is the top money driver in the sport.
You can clearly question the drives of Fred and Ginger (8th race), Resistence Futile (10th race), but the absolute worst was on Cut A Deal in the 11th. He works out a perfect position, and for some unexplained reason, he starts to panic like a Plainridge driver. As he vacates the rail, he allows Gingras to come up the rail and win the race. bang head bang head
Wherever he is driving today, I will not be betting....because all of us know why....
If he is in a race in which I bet another horse, it is a virtual LOCK that he beats me laughing guy laughing guy
Report to moderator   Logged
APPRENTICE

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »

BLAME GAME  GETS OLD AFTER AWHILE

head shake head shake head shake head shake screwy screwy screwy
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »

BLAME GAME  GETS OLD AFTER AWHILE

head shake head shake head shake head shake screwy screwy screwy
As yimmy likes to say...dirverology  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
TheRedMile

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »

I am always the one to say that when I lose, I blame myself and not the driver.
I will contradict myself with this post. Ron Peirce put on a driving "display" last night, and that's coming from someone who believes he is the top money driver in the sport.
You can clearly question the drives of Fred and Ginger (8th race), Resistence Futile (10th race), but the absolute worst was on Cut A Deal in the 11th. He works out a perfect position, and for some unexplained reason, he starts to panic like a Plainridge driver. As he vacates the rail, he allows Gingras to come up the rail and win the race. bang head bang head
Wherever he is driving today, I will not be betting....because all of us know why....
If he is in a race in which I bet another horse, it is a virtual LOCK that he beats me laughing guy laughing guy

imo there is no problem w the drive on resistance futile.he was a longshot and the goal was to make the final which he did
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »

imo there is no problem w the drive on resistance futile.he was a longshot and the goal was to make the final which he did
The major question I have was his drive on Cut A Deal.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »

I didn't see the races you are questioning and I will watch the replays but Pierce is usually too good to question his drives. Maybe he wasn't feeling well and just had an off night. Look out for a hat trick at Chester this afternoon.

On a different note, I go berserk when a driver sits and the horse in front of him is gapping bad.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »

I didn't see the races you are questioning and I will watch the replays but Pierce is usually too good to question his drives. Maybe he wasn't feeling well and just had an off night. Look out for a hat trick at Chester this afternoon.

On a different note, I go berserk when a driver sits and the horse in front of him is gapping bad.
Club, I trust your opinion, you know how to watch a race thumbs up
Watch the Cut A Deal race.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »

He was in very tight quarters. It appears Gingras went inside of him and at that point he didn't have any choice but to go wide and search for a path. Yannick went inside and it didn't look like he would fit.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »

He was in very tight quarters. It appears Gingras went inside of him and at that point he didn't have any choice but to go wide and search for a path. Yannick went inside and it didn't look like he would fit.
If RP stays there, and sits patient, the rail opened. It's not like he had another choice.
Bottom line is it was a split second decision which was wrong...but the guy is still tops in my mind.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 01:09:59 PM »

I don't think he expected anyone to move to his left. That was an incredibly small amount of space that Gingras went in to.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 01:10:27 PM »

No way I'm going to miss this opportunity:

Once again, Bolt The Duer is "blocked" with Mark MacDonald, a great guy.  How does this horse get blocked so often?  Or maybe after a few bad spills MacDonald is just too gun shy to go through a tight hole?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlYxSsdJFQ

"An inch of daylight".

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

No way I'm going to miss this opportunity:

Once again, Bolt The Duer is "blocked" with Mark MacDonald, a great guy.  How does this horse get blocked so often?  Or maybe after a few bad spills MacDonald is just too gun shy to go through a tight hole?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlYxSsdJFQ

"An inch of daylight".

When you have a 147 pacer and you get down the quarter in 27, you dont yield and let the other guy squeeze off a 28, you roll that horse and if the guy wants the lead, he goes 53 to get it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: