Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 04:39:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was Lonewolf Currier "wrapped up" at the wire?  (Read 534 times)
hungry

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2013, 09:46:06 PM »

Don't top 7 qualify for M  pace final?

The guy wrapped up the horse in the final 70 yards and got nosed for 7th.

Odd drive.
Report to moderator   Logged
OscarGoodman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »

Just watched the replay. You are 100 percent right. He cost the horse's connections a spot in the final. That is just STUNNING.

He either 1) Thought that only the top 5 make the final, or 2) Had no clue whatsoever that it was an elimination race. You can't say that he didn't see the other horse coming, as you would expect someone could possibly be on the way.

All he had to do was drive on about two more seconds. I will bet a lot of money that he thought he had to get in the top 5.

Another disgusting performance by Tim Tetrick.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »

$18,000,000 worth of disgusting performances.

He might not of cared with his drive for the finals already determined.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »

Gotta love the TT bashing.  sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm
Maybe just maybe laddies  you all ought to try and drive the ones you complain about  ?  bang head bang head bang head
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »

Gotta love the TT bashing.  sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm
Maybe just maybe laddies  you all ought to try and drive the ones you complain about  ?  bang head bang head bang head

I drove into the battery tunnel during the rush hour. trophy That gives me a licence to complain about anyone's driving on the track.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »

I drove into the battery tunnel during the rush hour. trophy That gives me a licence to complain about anyone's driving on the track.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Took the Chicago Skyway the other evening and stayed at a Holiday Inn..I too have the right... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

This horse has been no good for several weeks now.  Sears passed on driving him here.  More likely something physically wrong with him than TT just not caring.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »

This horse has been no good for several weeks now.  Sears passed on driving him here.  More likely something physically wrong with him than TT just not caring.

There is something 'physically wrong' with a lot of them, Bolero Andrew came out on the track looking broken down he was falling down in the warmups and promptly went out and crushed the field on the front end going away like a wild horse.

As far as whether TT cared or not, he's paid to drive, not train. You drive em all the way to the line...its up to the trainer and owner to decide when and where that horse will race again, you are only being paid to urge all the way to the end, the rest of that stuff is not your job.

With all that said, the horse didnt have a drop of pace and was probably better he didnt make a race he would have had 0 chance to get a check in...now, he's in the conso or something like that where he has a shot to get 4th or 5th if he saves ground on both turns.

So, it worked out well.
carypot

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »

There will be no consolation race as there are only 3 horses who didn't qualify.
Sir Cary Ztam who was locked in with a lot of pace nailed Lonewolf for 7th. Sir Cary will make a better showing than Lonewolf would have as  lonewolf is not the same horse we saw a month ago
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 12:56:30 PM »

There is something 'physically wrong' with a lot of them, Bolero Andrew came out on the track looking broken down he was falling down in the warmups and promptly went out and crushed the field on the front end going away like a wild horse.

As far as whether TT cared or not, he's paid to drive, not train. You drive em all the way to the line...its up to the trainer and owner to decide when and where that horse will race again, you are only being paid to urge all the way to the end, the rest of that stuff is not your job.

With all that said, the horse didnt have a drop of pace and was probably better he didnt make a race he would have had 0 chance to get a check in...now, he's in the conso or something like that where he has a shot to get 4th or 5th if he saves ground on both turns.

So, it worked out well.

If there's something wrong physically with your 3 y.o in July, you do something about it, you don't keep racing like he's a $5,000 claimer.  They should be happy there is no consolation.

I can't read TT's mind but there are many drivers who will not push a horse who is having a problem & any owner or trainer who disagrees with that is a putz & deserves what he gets - a 6 month layoff!  But, again, I can't know what TT was thinking so I somewhat agree with your general idea.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: