Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 12:12:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James at Chester  (Read 2232 times)
Tuggit

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

I do all three usually at the croft... I believe they are all important information...
Report to moderator   Logged
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »

We need owners, and we need punters.  Both invest in the sport.

As far as reading just trainers and drivers in post parades, I made that move last season when post parades were extremely short, considering that trainer and driver are more important to a punter for his handicapping purposes, and thus including those.  Additionally, it's EXACTLY what Mark Johnson does for the Derby.

This said, owners are as crucial to the game as anyone, be it the Weaver Bruscemi partnership who accounts for many horses in many states, or someone on a smaller scale like a Joel Kahan, who may have a couple horses racing at any point in time. Both are important.

And as far as Larry goes, you'll never find a nicer or sharper guy than him.

James

I understand where you are coming from as far as it being more valuable information for handicapping purposes.....But handicapping is done two days before the race...In all seriousness do you believe anybody betting any kind of money is waiting for you to tell them who the trainer and driver are in the post parade? I would say all the "punters" know who the trainer and driver are long before the horses come on the track.....Chester spends 5-7 minutes with the horses going around in circles before they turn and go to the gate......I don't think you are under any time constraint to get the post parade over quicker.....

SHOWTIME!!!
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »

HarnessFanDE, you're right.  Aside from extenuating circumstances where a post parade would be shortened, owners go back in.  As they should.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 03:18:35 PM »

HarnessFanDE, you're right.  Aside from extenuating circumstances where a post parade would be shortened, owners go back in.  As they should.
a happy ending.  James is a good dude and as long as I've known him always open to constructive criticism especially when done in a manner of an adult discussion.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »

Isn't the first rule of broadcasting that you speak to the local audience in their own vernacular?

Id like to hear jw cut the foreign accent and pronunciation stuff and speak the way of the local audience.

As I underatand it, that's how professional broadcasters are taught

cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »

Isn't the first rule of broadcasting that you speak to the local audience in their own vernacular?

nope, never heard that.  if you like wendy ross's butchering of the drivers/trainers ames so be it....they sure as censor dont.

are you for real with this post? dunno screwy

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »

Id like to hear jw cut the foreign accent and pronunciation stuff and speak the way of the local audience.

As I underatand it, that's how professional broadcasters are taught

I really don't expect James to speak in prison slang...  
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »

laughing guy
take note, time to add "yo" and "over dare" to the vocab, james laughing guy
dont forget "you's guys' thumbs up

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »

and don't forget to break your beer bottle and stab anyone wearing a t-shirt from another harness track.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »

Very real. I'm not talking about speaking in slang obviously.

Obviously a little too high level for discussion on this board. Strike it from the record and carry on
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »

Very real. I'm not talking about speaking in slang obviously.

Obviously a little too high level for discussion on this board. Strike it from the record and carry on
Sorry but people like having their names pronounced correctly.  Apparently you lost that page in your broadcaster's handbook.
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »

I must be important. You dwelled so much on my horse not improving that you almost missed the finish. I get that it makes you happy if my horses don't do well. It is unprofessional as many have mentioned to me. I tell them that your not a good race caller & you often miss the finish so its not personal.

That was extremely unprofessional jk!!!!!! If jw is so good 4 the game why would he stoop 2 a low level like he did with jks horse?
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »

That was extremely unprofessional jk!!!!!! If jw is so good 4 the game why would he stoop 2 a low level like he did with jks horse?
JOR-EL my Met loving manchild, how do you know that it was James taking a shot at JK's horse or if it's just JK making up something out of his own paranoia?
jdizigg

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »

IF he remembers what horse it was, we could post the replay...
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »

IF he remembers what horse it was, we could post the replay...
Friday the 5th race 10 harrahs chester- jw  seems so into jks horse not goin forward, he almost misses calling the winner!!!! Bring it up and tell me im wrong!!!!!!!!
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2013, 07:17:12 PM »

Saw the winner in plenty of time, but was struggling for air upper stretch as I was all day.  I was ill (sore throat, pretty severe), it hurt to speak ALL DAY, and I was calling more slowly and a little bit behind ALL DAY.  It was a chore Friday to last all 14, that's for certain.  Hence my sounding "tired & [sic] not interested".
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

Saw the winner in plenty of time, but was struggling for air upper stretch as I was all day.  I was ill (sore throat, pretty severe), it hurt to speak ALL DAY, and I was calling more slowly and a little bit behind ALL DAY.  It was a chore Friday to last all 14, that's for certain.  Hence my sounding "tired & [sic] not interested".

You are so full of shit. Why harp on a horse that is not close? You are suppose to be sick so why waste your time with a horse that is not invovled in the stretch? Maybe its that you don't know how to properly call a race. Announcers don't waste their time calling horses that are out of it & focus on the ones that are in it.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »

Health issues aside (I always wish Larry the best) I could use a mute button on Lederman's calls.
He attracts attention to himself.
The race should be the focus, not the announcer.
My opinion.
To each his own.

BUT THE GUY IS VERY ILL,,,,

LETS LEAVE HIM BEE,,

OKAY,,,

LARRY HAS ALL MADE US SMILE WITH HIZ CALLS DURIN HIZ MANY YEARS OF RACE CALLING

LIKE I SAID,,,HEZ  VERY  ILL........I  HOPE HE GETS BETTER,,,

AND GOD BLESS HIM ... trophy trophy trophy
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »

You are so full of shit. Why harp on a horse that is not close? You are suppose to be sick so why waste your time with a horse that is not invovled in the stretch? Maybe its that you don't know how to properly call a race. Announcers don't waste their time calling horses that are out of it & focus on the ones that are in it.
dude you have such paranoia issues.. why don't you quit hiding behind a screen, talk to the man LIKE a man and settle the issues like ADULTS do.  STOP wasting our F&$(#*G time with your big baby petty ass grudge
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:46:18 PM by Alex Trotbeck » Report to moderator   Logged
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »

BUT THE GUY IS VERY ILL,,,,

LETS LEAVE HIM BEE,,

OKAY,,,

LARRY HAS ALL MADE US SMILE WITH HIZ CALLS DURIN HIZ MANY YEARS OF RACE CALLING

LIKE I SAID,,,HEZ  VERY  ILL........I  HOPE HE GETS BETTER,,,

AND GOD BLESS HIM ... trophy trophy trophy
Well said Rocco.  We all want Larry to get better
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »

dude you have such paranoia issues.. why don't you quit hiding behind a screen, talk to the man at the track LIKE a man and settle the issues like ADULTS do.  STOP wasting our F&$(#*G time with your big baby petty ass grudge
Listen 2 the race b4 you call it paranoia- and stop *** telling everyone what 2 do, what the *** is that all about? Everyone is entitled 2 their opinion!!!
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »

Listen 2 the race b4 you call it paranoia- and stop *** telling everyone what 2 do, what the *** is that all about? Everyone is entitled 2 their opinion!!!
dude I'm tired of hearing this petty dispute.  It IS paranoia.  You like I do have no dog in this bs.  It's *** ridiculous
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:38 PM »

Or maybe I just kicked one?  Ever think of that?

Horse was on my Pick 4 TV ticket as a live longshot, hence the early following, and turning for home had a clear shot at third before flattening.  I've followed horses deeper back than 3lths off the turn, both in saying they've packed it in AND in saying they're the eventual winner.

What gives with my motives being determined for me?  Bury the hatchet, turn the page.  I'm feeling better, so tomorrow's stretch calls should start a little earlier.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:50:15 PM by JamesWR » Report to moderator   Logged
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »

dude you have such paranoia issues.. why don't you quit hiding behind a screen, talk to the man at the track LIKE a man and settle the issues like ADULTS do.  STOP wasting our F&$(#*G time with your big baby petty ass grudge

Who the F--k made you king? I'm not hiding behind a screen name. My name was put on the thread. Don't read it if you don't like it. Your opinion is shit anyway so get over yourself. Your on here all day so you have plenty of time to waste.
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »

Or maybe I just kicked one?  Ever think of that?

Horse was on my Pick 4 TV ticket as a live longshot, hence the early following, and turning for home had a clear shot at third before flattening.  I've followed horses deeper back than 3lths off the turn, both in saying they've packed it in AND in saying they're the eventual winner.

What gives with my motives being determined for me?  Bury the hatchet, turn the page.  I'm feeling better, so tomorrow's stretch calls should start a little earlier.

LIES...LIES...LIES
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: