Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 01:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James at Chester  (Read 2197 times)
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »

Why is it that if you say that your not a fan of LL that you wish him ill ? I really dont understand that mind set.
Personally i think hes okay as an announcer,  and he seems like a great guy.  I sincerely hope he is able to overcomehis health issues and ccontinueto do what he loves.

Does that make me a bad person?
no as long as your opinion is your own and isn't solely to take a contrarian position because you don't like certain posters.  The person who was cut and pasted earlier in the thread that I have on ignore has problems with certain posters because he associates them with people he doesn't like whether or not they have dealings with said person.  One of those people he doesn't like has a friendship with LL so he feels the need to slam on Larry whenever he can to try to get under this other poster's skin.  He really has no original thoughts and when taken to task about the trash he posts he responds with "I'm free do do whatever I want."  Well I'm free to put this total jagoff on eggnore.  I'm sure at some point I'll get a PM asking why I have a problem but all he has to do is look at his actions on this forum and ask himself "do normal people do these things"  And the reason I'm not mentioning names is because I'm tired of the attention whore tactics.
Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »

I didn't slam Larry.
I said I don't like his announcing style.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »

Why does every thread have to go off on same tangent of people bashing each other bang head bang head bang head bang head
I used to like the old days...people slugged it out...and it was over...i have been here 3 years and its the same nonsense over and over head shake head shake head shake head shake
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »

Why does every thread have to go off on same tangent of people bashing each other bang head bang head bang head bang head
I used to like the old days...people slugged it out...and it was over...i have been here 3 years and its the same nonsense over and over head shake head shake head shake head shake

yea but James has been there for over five and still sounds GREAT!! trophy

(hasnt been mentioned yet)
*and he appreciates the proper pronounciation of a driver/owner/trainers name thumbs up

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »

There's only one LL and the rest are far behind   thumbs up thumbs up
Larry is one of the best ever.

Larry is the best out there today by a mile.
I don't get the guy at Chester.
He's not bad, but he's not great either.
Just because he comes on here and puts up a post once in a while doesn't put him in the same class as a caller as Larry.
And, most of the races across from the prison are boring with no movement.
Most days they don't even need a photo finish camera.
Again, he's not bad, just not great.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »

Larry is the best out there today by a mile.
I don't get the guy at Chester.
He's not bad, but he's not great either.
Just because he comes on here and puts up a post once in a while doesn't put him in the same class as a caller as Larry.
And, most of the races across from the prison are boring with no movement.
Most days they don't even need a photo finish camera.
Again, he's not bad, just not great.

I'm with Vic, well said.
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »

LARRY SHOULD REMEMBER THE STARS OF THE GAME ARE THE HORSES,,,NOT THE ANNOUNCER,,,HAS A BIG EGO,,BUT I WISH AND PRAY FOR THE BEST FOR HIM
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »

The only thing I dislike about James' overall product he presents is that in the post parade he announces the trainer and driver and not the owner.....Owners spend a lot of money keeping this game afloat and certainly if he is only going to mention (2) though there is plenty of time to mention all (3)....I feel he should acknowledge the owners at the expense of the trainers.....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:58:12 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »

LARRY SHOULD REMEMBER THE STARS OF THE GAME ARE THE HORSES,,,NOT THE ANNOUNCER,,,HAS A BIG EGO,,BUT I WISH AND PRAY FOR THE BEST FOR HIM

I have met LL several times. In the short conversations I NEVER detected ego. LL was at the Meadowlands following the completion of his treatment. He was the in the sulky guest. It was amazing to see how many came by to talk to LL & wish him well. He is well liked & respected. Larry makes jokes at his own expense. That is not what men with egos do. He is down to earth, easy going, funny, honest, courageous, & an inspiration to all.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »

The only thing I dislike about James' overall product he presents is that in the post parade he announces the trainer and driver and not the owner.....Owners spend a lot of money keeping this game afloat and certainly if he is only going to mention (2) though there is plenty of time to mention all (3)....I feel he should acknowledge the owners at the expense of the trainers.....

That's a good point.
Without the owners there is no game.
They get little recognition.
We all know who the deep pocketed owners are, but without the guy who has one or two horses there is no sport.
When you pay the freight for the game you should be recognized, if only in a small way.
And let's not forget that most of them lose money.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

Always have enjoyed James....

Thinks he brings a unique cadence & verbage to the calls.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »

dumbest post you've ever made.  Larry is as humble a man as there is in this world.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

I don't know LL personally but I sent him a few get well emails. We exchanged several messages over the last year. It is very apparent what a nice and humble guy he is.
I think he has a tremendous sense of humor, and loves racing. I do not think its an ego thing.

Harness fan/DE makes an excellent point, and i am sure JW would agree about promoting/mentioning the owners since he is a fan of the game as well.
In the t-Breds I never liked tracks which didn't have owners silks. Obviously if the owner has no silks or doesn't come to the track, than substitutes are used....but IMO an owner put his/her money into the game, and should see their colors displayed.
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »

We need owners, and we need punters.  Both invest in the sport.

As far as reading just trainers and drivers in post parades, I made that move last season when post parades were extremely short, considering that trainer and driver are more important to a punter for his handicapping purposes, and thus including those.  Additionally, it's EXACTLY what Mark Johnson does for the Derby.

This said, owners are as crucial to the game as anyone, be it the Weaver Bruscemi partnership who accounts for many horses in many states, or someone on a smaller scale like a Joel Kahan, who may have a couple horses racing at any point in time. Both are important.

And as far as Larry goes, you'll never find a nicer or sharper guy than him.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »

As far as reading just trainers and drivers in post parades, I made that move last season when post parades were extremely short, considering that trainer and driver are more important to a punter for his handicapping purposes, and thus including those.  Additionally, it's EXACTLY what Mark Johnson does for the Derby.

This said, owners are as crucial to the game as anyone, be it the Weaver Bruscemi partnership who accounts for many horses in many states, or someone on a smaller scale like a Joel Kahan, who may have a couple horses racing at any point in time. Both are important.

James, you're a class act.
And a very good announcer.
Good to see you posting!
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »

James, you're a class act.
And a very good announcer.
Good to see you posting!
thumbs up thumbs up
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 06:46:01 PM »

I must be important. You dwelled so much on my horse not improving that you almost missed the finish. I get that it makes you happy if my horses don't do well. It is unprofessional as many have mentioned to me. I tell them that your not a good race caller & you often miss the finish so its not personal.
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »

I must be important. You dwelled so much on my horse not improving that you almost missed the finish. I get that it makes you happy if my horses don't do well. It is unprofessional as many have mentioned to me. I tell them that your not a good race caller & you often miss the finish so its not personal.

sorry bout that joel, i bet the horse that race.....nothing personal. honest Grin laughing guy

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
burton

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »

So you bash him because you perceive that he doesn't like your horses?
The pieces are beginning to fit.
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »

So you bash him because you perceive that he doesn't like your horses?
The pieces are beginning to fit.

It goes back much farther than that. Stop pretending that you know what you don't.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:02:51 AM by jks best » Report to moderator   Logged
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »

JK, please don't cut and paste this persons material.  Funny though that you did because he just bashed you for doing the same thing he does.  JK I have to be honest, you bash James a ton and I really don't know why.  It does seem like a personality conflict to be honest.  He's pretty damn good for someone who works at a dump that could care less about the product.

Why can't someone think JWR is not great? I see others thought he was only okay. It is your opinion that he is good. JWR takes great offense to critics. He should develop some thicker skin. Not everyone is going to like him. I have owned & managed in the business world. Many have not liked or agreed with me. I did my job as i saw fit & didn't worry about what others thought. It comes with the territory.
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 08:26:24 PM »

All tracks that i watch & listen to announce the owners. Many tracks do not announce the trainers. I think that is wrong.  The trainers do all the work & should be mentioned IMO.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 08:39:16 PM »

All tracks that i watch & listen to announce the owners. Many tracks do not announce the trainers. I think that is wrong.  The trainers do all the work & should be mentioned IMO.
the trainers have as much to do with the ills of the sport as anyone.  By the way feel the way you feel about James but to me it comes off as sour grapes and a personality conflict.
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »

the trainers have as much to do with the ills of the sport as anyone.  By the way feel the way you feel about James but to me it comes off as sour grapes and a personality conflict.

Trainers are good & bad too. Bad ones are an unfortunate part of the sport.
I met JWR for maybe a minute. I don't know or care to know him. You can call it whatever you want. I call it my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:03:23 AM by jks best » Report to moderator   Logged
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:31 PM »

JJ,,,, SUPPORTS,,, JAMES,,,

PLEASE,,, DONT,,, BURN,,,ME AT THE STAKE,,,

ALWAYS,,, BEEN A GENTLEMAN,,, AND KIND,,, TO THE JUNKSTER,,,

I RESPECT,,, ALL OPINIONS,,, OF LOGICAL PEOPLE,,,

CARRY ON,,,,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print