Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 11:57:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITBOF Fundraiser raffle at Fairmount Park  (Read 943 times)
dana

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »

Former jockey and long time exercise rider John Capizzi was seriously injured when a horse fell during a morning workout recently at Fairmount Park. The ITBOF is holding a fundraiser raffle at Fairmount to help benefit John. Our raffle tables will be set up at Fairmount Park Race Track during live racing on July 16, 19, 20 and 23 in the Clubhouse and in the Grandstand.  Winners will be announced on Aug 2 between races.  

The prizes include A 55" T.V., Apple IPAD, 4 Cardinal tickets, Gift card to Ruth's Chris Steak House, Dinner for 10 in the Black Stallion Room at Fairmount Park, Golf for Four at Arlington Golf Course in Collinsville, Energizer basket provided by Noreen Bayer, 2 $25 gift certificates given away to O'Connell's Pub.

Please visit the ITBOF website for information on how to send a donation to John as well as cards and well wishes.

Thank you so much.

Dana Waier Thoroughbreds.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:45:20 AM by dana » Report to moderator   Logged
dana

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »

Update on Raffle ticket sales, prizes,  and how you can make a monetary donation to the Fundraiser for John Capizzi is on the ITBOF website.

www.itbof.net
Report to moderator   Logged
dana

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »

Raffle tickets can also be purchased at Baker's Turf Supply at Fairmount Park. 

Make sure if you are at Fairmount on the 16, 19, 20 and 23 of July that you purchase your raffle chances on some fabulous prizes. 
I will be there on behalf of the ILLINOIS THOROUGHBRED BREEDERS AND OWNERS FOUNDATION to help raise funds for JOHN.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »

Dana, that's awesome of you to spearhead this.  John is a nice guy and we are sorry to see him injured.
dana

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »

Thanks Dano,
The ITBOF deserves the credit for the fundraiser as it was their idea. I was asked to help and I gladly accepted.

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:04 PM »

Ah so, but you are Giving , Not Taking !   

The ILHBPA  self serving nepotistic parasite administration ought to take a lesson.

You, Dana , and ITOBF  should be commended for helping John in his time of need.
dana

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:51:41 PM »

Thank you Red!!!! That's what it's about!!
Horsemen helping horsemen.
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 05:22:38 AM »

I would like to help with a donation. Check out the web site in order to do this?
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »

Yes...Please, if you cannot be there in person you can buy the tickets online at the ITBOF website.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »

User1050,
AWESOME!!!!!!
yes, go to www.itbof.net
Info is all there.....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:13:29 AM by thoroughbred » Report to moderator   Logged
dana

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

Raffle tickets will be on sale at Fairmount Park in the Grandstand and Clubhouse on Tuesday, July 16.

Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »

Former jockey and long time exercise rider John Capizzi was seriously injured when a horse fell during a morning workout recently at Fairmount Park.

The prizes include A 55" T.V.,
Apple IPAD,
4 Cardinal tickets, laughing guy... laughing guy..
Gift card to Ruth's Chris Steak House,
Dinner for 10 in the Black Stallion Room at Fairmount Park,
Golf for Four at Arlington Golf Course in Collinsville,
Energizer basket provided by Noreen Bayer, 2 $25 gift certificates given away to O'Connell's Pub.

Thank you so much.

Dana Waier Thoroughbreds.

Your cause is most helpfull and benevolent..

but seriously. Huh
4 Cardinal tickets, laughing guy... laughing guy..

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:38:53 PM by Secretariat » Report to moderator   Logged

Certified Derbytologist
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »

Great raffle prizes!  Wishing all of you great success. It sure is for a great cause.  trophy
dana

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »

4 Cardinal Tickets because someone was kind enough to donate first base field box seats.

And I would like to Thank everyone who came out in support of John today. It was a great day and what a great cause.

We will be set up selling raffle tickets on the 19, 20 and 23.
dana

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »

Don't forget to look for the JOHN CAPIZZI FUNDRAISER RAFFLE TABLES at FAIRMOUNT PARK FRIDAY AND SATURDAY during live racing.
We have great prizes to give away on August 2.

We also have GIFT BASKETS from some of our lovely ladies from Fairmount Park who wanted to do something to help John's cause. Chances on the baskets are $1.  The baskets on display during that race day will be given away before the 7Th race.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »

Down in them parts Tues. and got to the Track.   Bought Raffle Tickets at table just inside Grandstand door.

The Two Ladies selling the Tickets ought to be running Fairmount Park. 

Table was Eyecatcher.   Set up was Organized.  Professional Appearances.

Outstanding Communications and Subtle Sales Pitch.

( as for the rest of track experience only real positive was the $2 Beer in 16 oz  Alum. Bottles )

dana

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »

Thank u Red and thank you for supporting John.

I would like to thank these people and businesses for their generous donations to our Fundraiser- Raffle.
Fairmount Park
Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation
Noreen and Jim Bayer
Bill Duncan family
O'Connell's Pub
Top Metal Buyers
Ruth's Chris Steak House
The Waier Family

dana

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »

We have had several phone calls asking if were going to be out at FP selling raffle fundraiser chances again. We will be there Sat night.
dana

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »

The ITBOF fundraiser raffle at FP was a great success! Thank u to everyone for the love and support you have shown John.

There will be a John Capizzi trophy race sponsored by the ITBOF with Illinois Racing Board Chairman, William Berry, presenting the trophy to the winning owner of the 5th race on Aug. 2. Following the race,  Mr. Berry will be drawing the winners for our Fundraiser -Raffle prizes. Winners will be contacted the next day and we will make arrangements to get prizes delivered to the lucky winners.

Tonight I had the pleasure of visiting with John. His spirits are high as he continues the fight to get better. He took his first 12 steps the other day with his therapist. His one leg has to have a brace to be able to do so. Telling me about that day brought a smile to his lips and tears to his eyes. It gave him motivation to keep going in hopes that soon he will walk on his own again.
I asked him what he would like for me to say to everyone.....he said, "Thank you....from the bottom of my heart, thank you.  This is very overwhelming for me."

Please read John's story written by ITBOF Board of Director,  Mrs.Gail Radke. Www.itbof.net
It will warm your heart.......
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

For those who are unaware, this is an ITBOF activity, rather than ILHBPA.  I would like to see the Horsemen's Association also contribute for a rider who has served for so many years as a jockey and exercise rider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: