Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 07:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quality three year olds  (Read 296 times)
Mohawk Emeritus

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »

It takes a super horse these days to win even two triple crown races.  That is why I have said before Point Given and Afleet Alex are super horses.  They should have won all three.  Kentucky Derby winner's connections do not point their horses for triple crown races which is why he did not finish in the top three.  The only quality three year olds who can be consistent are the Peter Pan winner and Normandy Invasion.  This is probably going to be another weak Belmont besides the Peter Pan winner if he is in.
Report to moderator   Logged
Mohawk Emeritus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:45:23 PM »

There was a past preakness winner simulation that was on Yahoo.  It had most of the Preakness winners from this century and maybe Louis Quatorze and it included this year's Kentucky Derby winner.  It had the triactor as Kentucky Derby winner, Smarty Jones and Afleet Alex.  Point Given not near the top three?  My exacta box would be Point Given and Afleet Alex.  It was humorous to see Kentucky Derby winner at top.  They must have been trying to hype the horse and the race for ratings.
TheRedMile

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »

It takes a super horse these days to win even two triple crown races.  That is why I have said before Point Given and Afleet Alex are super horses.  They should have won all three.  Kentucky Derby winner's connections do not point their horses for triple crown races which is why he did not finish in the top three.  The only quality three year olds who can be consistent are the Peter Pan winner and Normandy Invasion.  This is probably going to be another weak Belmont besides the Peter Pan winner if he is in.

please be sure to wake me up when normandy invasion wins a graded stake race
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 09:18:08 PM »

please be sure to wake me up when normandy invasion wins a graded stake race

His claim to fame is a 2nd in the Remsen as a 2YO and a 2nd to Varrazano in the Wood.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »

HBO sports show to spotlight Kentucky thoroughbred breeding industryPosted on May 19, 2013 by Gregory A. Hall

HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel will have a feature Tuesday on the state of the Kentucky thoroughbred breeding industry.

A Bernard Goldberg segment entitled Out to Stud will, according to a news release, recount the death last month of the legendary sire Storm Cat, the recession and market drop of a few years ago and where things are now.

“After Storm Cat retired, attention turned to the engaging Zenyatta, who became the first filly to win the Breeder’s Cup Classic in 2009. Unlike Storm Cat, Zenyatta does not get paid to reproduce, but her offspring are the most talked-about in the industry,” the news release states.

What this points out (besides the fact that the highest profile recent stars of racing have been female) is the lack of a dominant Kentucky stallion or stallions that towered above the market in the way that Storm Cat and A.P. Indy did. It’ll be interesting to see what Real Sports says to a mass audience about the business.

The initial air time is 10 p.m. Tuesday with numerous repeats on HBO, HBO2, on demand and HBO’s mobile app.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/horsebiz/2013/05/19/hbo-sports-show-to-spotlight-kentucky-thoroughbred-breeding-industry/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: