Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 06:11:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dorochenko is wearing out Macho Bull  (Read 584 times)
Daddys Next

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2013, 11:51:21 PM »

Dorochenko gave Macho Bull some time off from early August, 2012 to late November 2012, and the horse then wins 3 of the next 7.  But, the horse seems to need a rest, and Dorochenko is running him every two weeks, and over the horses head.  What gives with this trainer?  I feel for the horse.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=8539576&registry=T
Report to moderator   Logged
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 10:28:05 AM »

dorochenk-0

as in nada

I would bet that guy anytime at Arlington..

seen him run a horse 4 times in 3 weeks
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »

What gives anyone the notion this guy knows what hes doing?
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »

I'd like to hear his thought process on why he places his horses where he does.  I'm surprised that he's back at arlington
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:00:08 PM »

Scanning the simul program noticed Doro was leading trainer at Mountaineer currently...
maybe its early meet as I do not follow the Mountain.

Didnt he was the La derby last year & won some turf stake at arlington a few years ago- both at astronomical prices.

The guy does have horses so either has money or naked pictures of someone..

blinkers on, blinkers off, lasix, no lasix all moves I have seen from GD
although best known for his members only leather jacket that he wears religiously even when it is 100 degrees laughing guy
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »

In the old days trainers use to run the horses more often. Nothing wrong with that if the horses are sound. The horses are babied to much today and seem to sustain more injuries. Look at pitchers in baseball...ever since they started pitch counts you are hard pressed to find anyone pitching a complete game anymore. On top of that, they are always having physical problems. Cy Young, Walter Johnson, and Christy Mathewson are a thing of the past, as are the old horses that would get at least 12-15 starts a year.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »

In the old days trainers use to run the horses more often. Nothing wrong with that if the horses are sound. The horses are babied to much today and seem to sustain more injuries. Look at pitchers in baseball...ever since they started pitch counts you are hard pressed to find anyone pitching a complete game anymore. On top of that, they are always having physical problems. Cy Young, Walter Johnson, and Christy Mathewson are a thing of the past, as are the old horses that would get at least 12-15 starts a year.
I disagree.Horses are less sound now because of the extensive 2 year old racing.Their knees have not knitted in most cases.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »

What extensive 2yo racing?

Man o' War ran 10 times as a 2yo, he carried 130 pounds in six of them.
Citation ran 9 times
Affirmed ran 9 times
Secretariat ran 9 times
Omaha ran 9 times

Then there is the old warrior Seabiscuit who ran 35 times as a 2yo.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »

I disagree.Horses are less sound now because of the extensive 2 year old racing.Their knees have not knitted in most cases.

I disagree totally with you. Most people won't even start serious training when the knees are not closed. The problem is lack of conditioning today, cutting back the heels to a ridiculous angle and drugs. It is common knowledge that a horse refuels energy every 2-3 days. Why do you think they have to continue to breeze the horses? The horses do not spend enough time on the track conditioning in the morning, they need more than short gallops. The old timers had it right and as you can see by jstark's post the best made they way to the races often.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 09:23:35 AM »

Dorochenko gives his second stringers to people like Olga Nowak who was winning at a decent clip at Suffolk last year with Alexander Resnikov riding.  Then those horses showed up at Tampa, then Mountain only now the trainer was/is some Russian/Polish guy and Sergey Resyutov is riding.  The horses are all owned by either Glockenburg LLC or Raut LLC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: