Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 02:40:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Googoo Gaagaa out of Cutler final  (Read 656 times)
3 wide and wingin

« on: May 13, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »

Out of the Cutler final and will have throat surgery on Wednesday.
Report to moderator   Logged
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »

Out of the Cutler final and will have throat surgery on Wednesday.

Throat surgery derails Googoo Gaagaa in Cutler

May 14, 2013

Corey Callahan told harnessracing.com Tuesday morning that world-champion trotter Googoo Gaagaa, who finished fifth in his Arthur J. Cutler elimination last Saturday night at the Meadowlands, will have throat surgery on Wednesday and not return for the $180,000 final on May 18.

Googoo Gaagaa left from post seven with Callahan in his Cutler elim and after making his way to the front past the opening quarter, led until the stretch where he faded to finish fifth, beaten 2 1/2 lengths by the 1:51.2-winning Modern Family. Callahan said he could feel something "weird" as the race developed with the 4-year-old trotter.

"He felt strong and then he kind of let me go, which I guess is when he began to lose his air," Callahan said.

Googoo Gaagaa's Cutler elim was the eighth race and Callahan said he and trainer-owner Richard Hans noticed after the ninth race that the trotter still hadn't fully recovered.

"After the next race he was still blowing hard," said Callahan. "RIchard had him scoped and the vet said she wouldn't let the horse race and that he had a blockage and with that entrapped epiglotis he was getting only about 40 percent of his air."

Callahan said the surgery will be performed at the New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania. He said the vet told he and Hans that the recovery time should be quick and that Googoo Gaagaa should be ready to make his next scheduled start in the Maxie Lee Memorial Trot on May 26 at Harrah's Philadelphia.
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »

AND I THOUGHT HE WAS A WINNER TOP OF STRETCH
MAGS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »

Throat surgery derails Googoo Gaagaa in Cutler

May 14, 2013

Corey Callahan told harnessracing.com Tuesday morning that world-champion trotter Googoo Gaagaa, who finished fifth in his Arthur J. Cutler elimination last Saturday night at the Meadowlands, will have throat surgery on Wednesday and not return for the $180,000 final on May 18.

Googoo Gaagaa left from post seven with Callahan in his Cutler elim and after making his way to the front past the opening quarter, led until the stretch where he faded to finish fifth, beaten 2 1/2 lengths by the 1:51.2-winning Modern Family. Callahan said he could feel something "weird" as the race developed with the 4-year-old trotter.

"He felt strong and then he kind of let me go, which I guess is when he began to lose his air," Callahan said.

Googoo Gaagaa's Cutler elim was the eighth race and Callahan said he and trainer-owner Richard Hans noticed after the ninth race that the trotter still hadn't fully recovered.

"After the next race he was still blowing hard," said Callahan. "RIchard had him scoped and the vet said she wouldn't let the horse race and that he had a blockage and with that entrapped epiglotis he was getting only about 40 percent of his air."

Callahan said the surgery will be performed at the New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania. He said the vet told he and Hans that the recovery time should be quick and that Googoo Gaagaa should be ready to make his next scheduled start in the Maxie Lee Memorial Trot on May 26 at Harrah's Philadelphia.

good to hear its only a minor issue somewhat..I'm looking at Mister Herbie to win the Cutler final this week.
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »

herbie should be tight and ready to fire on all cylanders
Grandstand Goof

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »

So, Your telling me this horse trotted in 1:51:4 and was only getting 40% of his air?

screwy
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »

So, Your telling me this horse trotted in 1:51:4 and was only getting 40% of his air?

screwy

Yes goof.

Who knows if this will make him any faster or slower.

Time will tell.

Yep

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »

I take it he's getting tie back surgery ? if so, a small percentage of horses ever comeback to being the same .
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »

It has been reported that world champion trotter Googoo Gaagaa will be undergoing surgery on Wednesday (May 15).

Corey Callahan told harnessracing.com this morning (Tuesday, May 14) that Googoo Gaagaa, who finished fifth in his Arthur J. Cutler elimination last Saturday night at the Meadowlands Racetrack, will have throat surgery on Wednesday (May 15) and not return for the $180,000 final on May 18.

Googoo Gaagaa left from Post 7 with Callahan in his Cutler elim. He lead after making his way to the front past the opening quarter, but faded badly after leading in the stretch. He faded to finish fifth, beaten two and a half lengths by the 1:51.2-winning Modern Family. Callahan said he could feel something "weird" as the race developed with the four-year-old trotter.

Read more:

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/5-14-13/googoo-gaagaa-undergo-surgery.html
king151

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:03:45 PM »

I take it he's getting tie back surgery ? if so, a small percentage of horses ever comeback to being the same .

You are assuming he is having " tie back surgery " , he could be having the tie forward surgery , the could be cutting his muscles or they could be trimming his pallate .
As for a small percentage coming back I would disagree with you there to . Lots of horses come back from this surgery to the same level they were before the procedure .
Yep

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 03:00:57 PM »

You are assuming he is having " tie back surgery " , he could be having the tie forward surgery , the could be cutting his muscles or they could be trimming his pallate .
As for a small percentage coming back I would disagree with you there to . Lots of horses come back from this surgery to the same level they were before the procedure .
You could be right about the % of horses coming back , I'm just going by the horses that I know of having it done.

I'm pretty sure A RockinRoll Dance had  tie back surgery done last year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: