Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 12:00:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Same ole Kingcole  (Read 2101 times)
whynot

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »

Yes it was fast 48.1, but never should have got beat. Reminds me of last year. He had a great trip should not have been caught, watch those last few steps.
Report to moderator   Logged
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:20:28 PM »

http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?topic=58649.0
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:13 PM »

Yes it was fast 48.1, but never should have got beat. Reminds me of last year. He had a great trip should not have been caught, watch those last few steps.

Awful/braindead drive is why HKC got beat. HKC raced so well off a helmet last week. Last year he started this crazy speed & could not be backed down. 26:2 third quarter was crazy & probably had trainer shaking his head.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:34:18 PM by jks best » Report to moderator   Logged
Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:01:27 AM »

Well we just saw why HKC, while the fastest horse in the world imo, is not the best race horse in the world. Never should have been beat by F&G. Foiled again wouldn't have been if he had the lead like that-which is why he's a great race horse even though he isn't the fastest. Granted, imo Dube screwed up by retaking so early and going that fast 3rd q. IF he waits to pull, or if he at least goes a 27 second 3rd Q after he did retake, he wins. Raced great off a helmet last week.  Just no reason to go such a fast 3rd panel. But still. This horse is so fast, but just does not have that will to win that the great ones have. 

But I do think this puts an end to the 'Foiled again/HKC-who is better right now debate', that myself, Darrin Z, and Yannick had the other day on FB.  Foiled again cannot keep up with him.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »

Its amazing to me how Pierce did not get taken down for what happened into the 1st turn.
Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »

Its amazing to me how Pierce did not get taken down for what happened into the 1st turn.

Agreed for a second there I thought I was going to catch a break with my HKC win bet.  But alas, it was not meant to be.
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 09:54:29 AM »

And me? I'm proud of the big boy!
APPRENTICE

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »

I LUV WATCHIN KING COLE RACE. thumbs up..

HE MOVES SO EFFORTLESSLY...... heart

HE JUST LUVS GOING FAST...... heart

HE WILL WIN HIZ SHARE,,,,THIS YR thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 01:21:36 PM »

HOW COULD ANYONE SAY RP COULD COME DOWN,,,PLZ WAKE XACTOR
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »

HOW COULD ANYONE SAY RP COULD COME DOWN,,,PLZ WAKE XACTOR
did you see the beginning of the race? It was obvious. It was so obvious that the inquiry sign immediately went up. I might not have taken him down if I was a judge, but I have seen them take horses down whose drivers did much less than that. If it was Allard doing what Pierce did he comes down.
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 04:28:12 PM »

jody bore in even he said so
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »

jody bore in even he said so
He did come in, you are right. I am just surprised they looked at it for a very short amount of time since it was obvious.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »

And me? I'm proud of the big boy!
And proud you should be.
Your 4 year old makes his first start in  FFA and loses by a neck in 48 and change???
Nice effort!
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »

And proud you should be.
Your 4 year old makes his first start in  FFA and loses by a neck in 48 and change???
Nice effort!

Burton, thanks!

One editorial note (not directed at you): Wouldn't everyone like a chance to own one like Cole? With all the criticism etc I hope everyone gets that chance
jdizigg

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »

Burton, thanks!

One editorial note (not directed at you): Wouldn't everyone like a chance to own one like Cole? With all the criticism etc I hope everyone gets that chance

I wonder if Yannick will change his tune bc it looks like to me if King Cole ever puts it all together he will be a force.... I think he's very close to doing that... Good luck..
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 02:27:55 PM »

mitchy you are 100% CORRECT WE ALL WOULD KILL TO HAVE ONE LIKE THAT
king151

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 04:04:30 PM »

I think at some point this year HKK will pace a mile in 46 and a piece and NOT  win . He is so fast its scarry . I would love to see Brian Sears drive him once . Best of luck with him Mitchky he is an incredibly fast animal .
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »

I think at some point this year HKK will pace a mile in 46 and a piece and NOT  win . He is so fast its scarry . I would love to see Brian Sears drive him once . Best of luck with him Mitchky he is an incredibly fast animal .

There's no way this horse can get beat with a real top driver. Time for a replacement.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 04:57:34 PM »

There's no way this horse can get beat with a real top driver. Time for a replacement.

I dont care who drives him even John Campbell circa 1990 , He can get beat and would get beat , they all get beat .
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »

Burton, thanks!

HKC going to make a start in the Bettor's Delight?  beer on me if y'all come(bribery for winner's circle photo for the little man)
TW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 06:46:21 PM »

Needs a driver change.
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »

Awful/braindead drive is why HKC got beat. HKC raced so well off a helmet last week. Last year he started this crazy speed & could not be backed down. 26:2 third quarter was crazy & probably had trainer shaking his head.

http://standardbredcanada.ca/news/5-14-13/hurrikane-kingcole-due-trip.html
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »

NEVER MIND I DRIVER CHANGE THE HORSE HAS TO MATURE
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »

Well we just saw why HKC, while the fastest horse in the world imo, is not the best race horse in the world. Never should have been beat by F&G. Foiled again wouldn't have been if he had the lead like that-which is why he's a great race horse even though he isn't the fastest. Granted, imo Dube screwed up by retaking so early and going that fast 3rd q. IF he waits to pull, or if he at least goes a 27 second 3rd Q after he did retake, he wins. Raced great off a helmet last week.  Just no reason to go such a fast 3rd panel. But still. This horse is so fast, but just does not have that will to win that the great ones have. 

But I do think this puts an end to the 'Foiled again/HKC-who is better right now debate', that myself, Darrin Z, and Yannick had the other day on FB.  Foiled again cannot keep up with him.

Foiled Again is 1 for 29 at the Meadowlands.....He doesn't and never has picked up on a big track.....Why is that hard for you to understand? Hurrikane King Cole fell down the whole mile at Yonkers when they raced him there......In fact it set him back quite a bit.....Foiled Again would eat him for Breakfast at Yonkers......Just like HKC eats him for breakfast at the Meadowlands......Who is "better now" is 100% determined by where the race is being held

SHOWTIME!!!
Steve G

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 09:03:26 AM »

the biggest dwnfall for thshorse is his driver,,,,,dube is horrible and adds zero to a horse,  thats my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: