Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 03:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Court Sucked today  (Read 3346 times)
TheRedMile

« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

they may not be the best but from the derby field i think revolutionary and itsmyluckyday will do more than wtc going forward.

TROSS +1
STIVO  0
Report to moderator   Logged
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »

You got me on that one.  dunno  thumbs up
Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »

So if Jon Court sucked in the KD, What did Smith just do?  I thought that was a terrible ride by Smith, kept him behind a wall of horses and tried to move to late. He was watching Orb the whole race and let Oxbow get away from him.  In Court's case, Verrazano made 2 sudden moves right in front of him. 
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »

So if Jon Court sucked in the KD, What did Smith just do?  I thought that was a terrible ride by Smith, kept him behind a wall of horses and tried to move to late. He was watching Orb the whole race and let Oxbow get away from him.  In Court's case, Verrazano made 2 sudden moves right in front of him. 

Wilson, unlike the Derby, he didn't handle the track. Anyone could see that and Smith said so after the race. The horse was done. Mike Smith, Court, or Eddie Arcaro couldn't have won on him today.
Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »

So in the Kentucky Derby it was the Jockey, and today it was the track.  No thank you I do not want any of that Lukas/Smith Kool-Aid.
 By the way, the track was rated "Fast"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:22:16 PM by Wilson » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:28 PM »

WTC is not the horse you think he is. He showed nothing and Smith was worried about the overrated Orb. Both get  thumbs down.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »

So in the Kentucky Derby it was the Jockey, and today it was the track.  No thank you I do not want any of that Lukas/Smith Kool-Aid.
 By the way, the track was rated "Fast"

No Wilson, I said the horse didn't like the track and he didn't "have it" He was "Done." You think Jon Court would have hit the board with him? lol
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »

LOL STIVO you sound like my trainer.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »

Horsevoice, you called this one. This is what Lukas said today:

Lukas said Will Take Charge, seventh in the Preakness, also could run in the Belmont.

“He didn’t handle that track at all,” Lukas said. “The Belmont situation might be the best for a long-striding horse like him, with those big, sweeping turns.”

I personally will have a hard time backing him once again in the Belmont unless he's training sensationally going in.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2013, 04:02:41 PM »

I personally will have a hard time backing him once again in the Belmont unless he's training sensationally going in.

I don't know how much that means, if anything: Orb was reportedly "training fantastically" and "holding his flesh well" leading up to the Preakness. Didn't help him much.

Remember one thing about Lukas: he thinks HE is the star, not his horses. He doesn't much care what he sends out, or how many, so long as HE wins.

This makes anything and everything he enters in these big races a HUGE threat...therefore, an exacta box of all of the Lukas horses is far from the worst bet you can make in the Belmont.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »

Just saw this in Twitter:

Marty McGee‏@DRFMcGee11m
HOF trainer D Wayne Lukas has confirmed Will Take Charge for @BelmontStakes, says Jon Court has the mount back.
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

Just saw this in Twitter:

Marty McGee‏@DRFMcGee11m
HOF trainer D Wayne Lukas has confirmed Will Take Charge for @BelmontStakes, says Jon Court has the mount back.

I thought that my argument about his Derby ride was valid. Now, he has a chance to redeem himself. Interesting.
Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2013, 06:03:39 PM »

I am glad to hear that.  Jon knows that horse.  Jon has won several graded races for the coach early in the year that help to give both Will take Charge as well as Oxbow the points to be in the Derby.  Lukas was very critical of Jon on HRTV just after Title town Five set early fractions in the Louisana Derby and faded to 9th.  I think now it is clear that Title town needs to be sprinting in a non winners of 2 race.  If you look at the fractions for Oxbow's LeComte Stakes win, you will see that Jon had him at the same pace that Stevens won the Preakness with. 
As I said, I think Jon knows that horse.  WTC is a huge horse that needs to go a little wide and out of traffic.  Jon had him reved up and moving at the right time in the KD, till he was forced to take up.
I will be playing him again.  I am still ahead playing him from that Rebel win. 
STIVO

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »

good point about the Rebel win. I pounded him in the Smarty Jones as he paid well over $20.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: