Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 04:19:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN DREW  (Read 5423 times)
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2005, 12:03:59 AM »

Bring that Illinois bred 15 claimer back home. He looks alot better with them Balmoral rats......Its a dead game laddie
Report to moderator   Logged
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2005, 12:05:52 AM »

Is it all possible that he is not competitive with these?  I still don't get why
alot of posters think that this is the second coming of ALBATROSS
njhorseman

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2005, 12:10:14 AM »

Is it all possible that he is not competitive with these?  I still don't get why
alot of posters think that this is the second coming of ALBATROSS

Don't suggest that to his main cheerleader, TC.  Wink
njhorseman

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2005, 12:20:39 AM »

NJ, Cape Crusader was a strapping colt, if I recall, so lineage is not a problem here.  Several of his progeny have developed on the major fair and midwest PM circuit.  I just know this colt has ability and it will manifest itself at some point.  Every indication I have is that the owners are remaining patient.  Let's face it, Jim Pantalestiffo normally can't find the winner's circle at M1 without a map.  Let John Drew draw inside, not take roadblocks from your Fhld idol Catman, and we'll see...TC

TC:
Last I checked, Cape Crusader isn't on anyone's list of top pacing colts of all time, or anyone's list of leading sires. To jump from "Several of his progeny have developed on the major fair and midwest PM circuit" to being the sire of horses that can compete at the top level of racing in North America is big stretch. I'm not saying that an individual by Cape Crusader couldn't turn out to be a very good horse, but that is  a far cry from the suggestion that being by Cape Crusader means you have the pedigree that makes one a logical candidate to be a very good horse.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2005, 01:11:48 AM »

NJ HORSEHEAD, Maybe you should do some homework on Cape Crusader bred horses. Ever hear of Silver Hawk who just won at Dover??? Nice Cape Crusader!! And their are many more.
Just because all these rich clowns in Nj over pay for Western Hanovers and Jenna Beach Boys dont think for a minute some of these "CHEAP" Illinois Breds haven't "CRUSHED THEM". How much do they over pay out their??  Example #1 is Daisy's Boy. Do you know that he still hasn't made the money he went for as a yearling? And how much has he made in his career $345,000 Huh Yeah he is still not made what he went for. And you can go to the bank on that one. Hey was that the ILL BRED Cams Conqueror winning again and CRUSHING them from the 10-hole?Huh Was that another ILL BRED finishing 2nd from the 9-hole??? WOW a RICHESS HANOVER and a ARTS CONQUEST BOTH ILL BREDS. Both will take the NEW JERSEY money in the final next week.

ATTENTION all "GOOFS" out there JOHN DREW never had broken or WRONG equipment on last week. BIG DRIVER ERROR BY BRENNAN for GOOSING the horse behind the gate!!

Go ask Dave Miller if JOHN DREW is a nice horse or not. Talked to the connections of the horse and Miller said he was perfect tonight and a Meadowlands horse FOR SURE. Remember he has had only 10 lifetime starts and he still learning.  These horses hes racing against are not RATS by no means at all.  Nobody said he was the next NIATROSS just a nice horse that will win his share at the MEADOWLANDS RACES. Miller is a CLASS driver who drove the horse perfect tonight. What do you want the guy to do??? After a break last week you can only take so many chances on the gate. Did you think the trainer or owners wanted to see the horse break again??? Believe me hes a better horse than I even thought and you will see a better John Drew  in the not to far future.  REMEMBER ONE THING SUPERMAN WOULD NEVER LIE. Grin Grin

SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2005, 01:34:00 AM »

I Always get a good laugh from CLUELESS MORONS.  Cheesy Cheesy The horse paced in 153.4 with a last quarter in 27.3 with horrible cover and now hes a "RAT"

Did anyone think that Sidereal Hanover and Brokaw are not the REAL DEAL???
I like Sidereal Hanover-Brokaw-Cams Conqueror-Deliever the Goods in the final

And by the way that mile John Drew paced wins the 5th race and he is a least 2nd in the 3rd race. Lets face it sometimes its the luck of the draw.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:45:47 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2005, 04:42:49 AM »

After watching the replay on Racing from the BIG M, I want to know if his cover was so bad,
why did he not pick off any horses in the lane? An even mile at best and surely outclassed.

I am not saying he is a rat, he just doesn't belong with the company he is currently keeping
And please, when he draws inside and races better, I don't want to hear about it But as far
as winning against these, it is highly unlikely

Now you know why Dan and Scott are so right, you can't fall in love That is why they became
the "CLAIMING KINGS" of the Chicago circuit. This is a business---get the cash

Speaking of size and presence, it is not what is on the outside, but the inside that counts.
The best large horse I ever saw was LE BARON ROUGE. Man what a site he was. Looks do not
make up for heart
njhorseman

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2005, 11:31:21 AM »

NJ HORSEHEAD, Maybe you should do some homework on Cape Crusader bred horses. Ever hear of Silver Hawk who just won at Dover??? Nice Cape Crusader!! And their are many more.
Just because all these rich clowns in Nj over pay for Western Hanovers and Jenna Beach Boys dont think for a minute some of these "CHEAP" Illinois Breds haven't "CRUSHED THEM". How much do they over pay out their??  Example #1 is Daisy's Boy. Do you know that he still hasn't made the money he went for as a yearling? And how much has he made in his career $345,000 Huh Yeah he is still not made what he went for. And you can go to the bank on that one. Hey was that the ILL BRED Cams Conqueror winning again and CRUSHING them from the 10-hole?Huh Was that another ILL BRED finishing 2nd from the 9-hole??? WOW a RICHESS HANOVER and a ARTS CONQUEST BOTH ILL BREDS. Both will take the NEW JERSEY money in the final next week.

ATTENTION all "GOOFS" out there JOHN DREW never had broken or WRONG equipment on last week. BIG DRIVER ERROR BY BRENNAN for GOOSING the horse behind the gate!!

Go ask Dave Miller if JOHN DREW is a nice horse or not. Talked to the connections of the horse and Miller said he was perfect tonight and a Meadowlands horse FOR SURE. Remember he has had only 10 lifetime starts and he still learning.  These horses hes racing against are not RATS by no means at all.  Nobody said he was the next NIATROSS just a nice horse that will win his share at the MEADOWLANDS RACES. Miller is a CLASS driver who drove the horse perfect tonight. What do you want the guy to do??? After a break last week you can only take so many chances on the gate. Did you think the trainer or owners wanted to see the horse break again??? Believe me hes a better horse than I even thought and you will see a better John Drew  in the not to far future.  REMEMBER ONE THING SUPERMAN WOULD NEVER LIE. Grin Grin

I never said there weren't good individuals by Cape Crusader, as well as numerous other Illinois sires. However, producing the occasional outstanding individual is not the same as siring Grand Circuit competitor after Grand Circuit competitor year after year.

We would  be overpaying for out horses if we were going to be racing them in Illinois for its chump change purses. But we're not overpaying when we're racing them in NJ, DE and Toronto. Those are the economic facts of life. When more money can be earned, the price of the horse is naturally higher.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2005, 11:38:58 AM »

Get used to it...when a $20 claimer can slap a series field around, then that says quite a bit for IL horses, I'd say.  Cam's Conqueror was also the only horse to solve the enigma of winning from outside post 5 all evening, if I recall.  (post #11 diesn't count).  David Miller is going to fit John Drew perfectly, and I believe he thinks this is a professional race horse with a future at the Big M.  Just ask him...TC
njhorseman

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2005, 11:44:54 AM »

Get used to it...when a $20 claimer can slap a series field around, then that says quite a bit for IL horses, I'd say.  Cam's Conqueror was also the only horse to solve the enigma of winning from outside post 5 all evening, if I recall.  (post #11 diesn't count).  David Miller is going to fit John Drew perfectly, and I believe he thinks this is a professional race horse with a future at the Big M.  Just ask him...TC

TC:
If you look at the history of winter late closers at the Meadowlands, the majority (but by no means all) of the horses eventually prove to be nothing more than ordinary claimers. Track management devised these series as a way of ensuring there are enough horses on the grounds to run full cards of full fields during the winter.

Sometimes the series are used as stepping stones by green horses who got started late and go on to bigger and better things, but most of the entrants are just run-of-the-mill overnight stock.
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2005, 02:45:53 PM »

TC,
       It is not wrong to really take a liking for a horse, God knows all or at least most of us have at one point or another. However, reality is what it is. I can remember numerous horses that I was
enamored with looks, but when all was said and done, the racing and the class of each horse took
over.   I can recall when Aurora and Balmoral were racing against each other. The champ at Aurora
was DAN ADIOS while JEFFERSON was the king at Balmoral. Well, I couldn't wait for Grevengoed
to take Dan Adios to Balmoral for the invite. The first week he drew the 7 hole and really had no shot, but week two from the rail, got a two hole and couldn't go bye Jefferson if they went around 100 times--let alone twice.  After leaving a stack of dead tickets---mostly yellows behind, I realized that as much as you may like a horse, you can not let it ruin your objectivity

The same was true for Timelys Best Man vs Childwood Hanover, a horse I absolutely hated
sn

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2005, 02:54:19 PM »

King, do you remember when Penn State beat Rambling Willie at SPK5/8 when it was Willies farwell race!!! When Willie was sighning the books (the horse that god loved ) down by the paddock with his hoofprint!!! I still have that book do you?
I dont think there was a more hated horse or driver (mark O'Mara) that night than I have ever seen!!!!

P.S. Can you name me one other starter in the race? It was an Invatational for 10 year olds and up.    No help from George!!!......ah the good ol days!!!
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2005, 04:08:56 PM »

Boy, I would love own about 5 of what you call over night claimers. I see now why you are just a "GRANDSTAND HANDICAPPER" SLASH AUTHOR who nows everything about everything until its time to put your "MONEY UP". As far as I am concerened your Tom W's long lost brother. You both KNOW everything about everything in Harness Racing but own NOTHING.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2005, 05:19:25 PM »

King, do you remember when Penn State beat Rambling Willie at SPK5/8 when it was Willies farwell race!!! When Willie was sighning the books (the horse that god loved ) down by the paddock with his hoofprint!!! I still have that book do you?
I dont think there was a more hated horse or driver (mark O'Mara) that night than I have ever seen!!!!

P.S. Can you name me one other starter in the race? It was an Invatational for 10 year olds and up. No help from George!!!......ah the good ol days!!!

Fly Fly Solley???
njhorseman

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2005, 01:23:43 AM »

Boy, I would love own about 5 of what you call over night claimers. I see now why you are just a "GRANDSTAND HANDICAPPER" SLASH AUTHOR who nows everything about everything until its time to put your "MONEY UP". As far as I am concerened your Tom W's long lost brother. You both KNOW everything about everything in Harness Racing but own NOTHING.

I'll be happy to show you the dozens of winners circle photos I have with all those NOTHINGS I've owned.
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2005, 04:51:32 AM »

SN,
       I remember getting 4-1 on Penn State. Do you remember who brought Penn State to Chicago?   How about the second trainer for Mark, ODELL THOMPSON and his high claimer AMHERST JACK
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2005, 11:51:09 AM »

SN,
       I remember getting 4-1 on Penn State. Do you remember who brought Penn State to Chicago?   How about the second trainer for Mark, ODELL THOMPSON and his high claimer AMHERST JACK

KingofCrete:

Didn't Martin Souris have Penn State? I know he had him sometime during his long illustrious career along with another one of my favorites, On The Mat N. They were two good horses I made money betting on over the years. I remember grooming On The Mat when Don Brooks had him at Fairmount in the fall of '86. The good old days, huh?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2005, 09:11:38 PM »

Actually, it was TONY BOARDNER who had Penn State originally. SN, I just talked to the biggest Willie fan ever, and he gave me all the other runners: KIWI ADIOS, ICONOCLAST, OUR NEMESIS,
and BARON THE BRUT. I was thinking that a Pelling old timer like PRINCE SHARVID was in there

WHERE ARE YOU BRUCE BILTER?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: