Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 03:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN DREW  (Read 5419 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 10:37:31 PM »

Now 6/1.  Starting to get in that gray zone for me.

Best,
EW

Decided to make a mild play with the 7/1 uptick.  Still a reach.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 10:40:54 PM »

Decided to make a mild play with the 7/1 uptick.  Still a reach.

Best,
EW

Yawn.

What was Miller doing?  Had him tipped three-wide on the backstretch, and then throttled him down?

That was some Balmoral flow in that race.

Best,
EW

Justafan

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 10:42:16 PM »

I just got word that the groom of John Drew forgot to feed him this week.  Watch out next week when he gets his feed!

njhorseman

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 10:42:48 PM »

No breaks tonight, but up the track. Manzi's horse was rank and kept getting in his way early, but John Drew had no pace when free in the lane.
Dan Nance

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 10:42:55 PM »

Not tonight. Can't get there.

This horse has zero gate speed and his hopples are too tight. He needs to draw inside of the 5 hole because he's a grinder.  
njhorseman

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 10:43:44 PM »

They look tighter then banjo strings to me on TV.

Maybe so...but no change was announced.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 10:44:13 PM »

This horse has zero gate speed and his hopples are too tight. He needs to draw inside of the 5 hole because he's a grinder. 

Agreed.  Shame on me for betting a outside horse with no gate speed at the Big M.

A terrible drive by Miller also, IMO -- but he wouldn't have won it no matter the drive.

Best,
EW

njhorseman

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 10:44:52 PM »

I just got word that the groom of John Drew forgot to feed him this week.  Watch out next week when he gets his feed!

Particularly if he's racing in some cheap non-winners race at Balmoral. Grin
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 10:45:22 PM »

Maybe so...but no change was announced.

Do they actually measure the equipment, or is it just what the trainer reports?  (or how does that work)

I assume, if a mistake was made, it wouldn't be reflected in the changes -- because it would be unknown?

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 10:45:49 PM »

Why does everyone think this horse is some kind of monster?  
njhorseman

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 10:46:40 PM »

Do they actually measure the equipment, or is it just what the trainer reports?  (or how does that work)

I assume, if a mistake was made, it wouldn't be reflected in the changes -- because it would be unknown?

Best,
EW

They're supposed to measure, but I can't guarantee that happens 100% of the time. The first week, nothing would be reported as a change, because the horse hadn't raced at the Meadowlands. The second week, any equipment modification from the first week should be reported as a change.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:09:36 PM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 10:47:34 PM »

Why does everyone think this hose is some kind of monster?  

Ask TC. He's been the horse's principal tout on BTW.
njhorseman

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2005, 11:06:28 PM »

Agreed.  Shame on me for betting a outside horse with no gate speed at the Big M.

A terrible drive by Miller also, IMO -- but he wouldn't have won it no matter the drive.

Best,
EW

Don't blame Miller too much. Every time he made a move with John Drew, Manzi made the same move with Minor Be Best in front of him and got in his way.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2005, 11:08:09 PM »

I don't know, but it looked to me that he was "okee-doked" tonight...tried to float, eased back, followed the 8 until jammed, went inside for relief, then out again,until finally shown some track inside the 3/16ths.  EW is correct about the Bal-flow comment and Dan is correct that this horse is a grinder.  No hopple change was made from Chicago to last week to tonight so NJ is correct.  This being said, I'll take ONE John Drew for 10 Quiet assassins, the 3rd place finisher, and a competitor JD pissed on here OFTEN.  TMO.  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 11:13:50 PM »

Why does everyone think this horse is some kind of monster?  
Dan, no offense, but did you see the way he towered over his rivals ?  Sure, height is no guarantee of greatness, but now that the "cowboy" attitude leading to last week's break has been put to rest, we'll see if the horse can develop.  By my estimation, he was 1/2 a head taller than the 3 horses in front of him.  How did this horse create 5/2 early action if it has no ability ?  This isn't Dogwater Downs.  He may need softer; he may need inside love as you say.  If the horse stays sound, this is the outset of his M1 career, not a swan song IMO.  TC 
njhorseman

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2005, 11:21:54 PM »

Dan, no offense, but did you see the way he towered over his rivals ?  Sure, height is no guarantee of greatness 

Not only is it not a guarantee of greatness, it's usually an indication of a not-very-athletic horse who's a grinder...a description that fits John Drew to a "T".
Dan Nance

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2005, 11:23:43 PM »

Dan, no offense, but did you see the way he towered over his rivals ?  Sure, height is no guarantee of greatness, but now that the "cowboy" attitude leading to last week's break has been put to rest, we'll see if the horse can develop.  By my estimation, he was 1/2 a head taller than the 3 horses in front of him.  How did this horse create 5/2 early action if it has no ability ?  This isn't Dogwater Downs.  He may need softer; he may need inside love as you say.  If the horse stays sound, this is the outset of his M1 career, not a swan song IMO.  TC 

He's big alright. I'd open his hopples up about 3 inches and let his head down about two holes.
njhorseman

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2005, 11:28:33 PM »

He's big alright. I'd open his hopples up about 3 inches and let his head down about two holes.

Add in four aluminum shoes and you have the "Bill Robinson formula for rigging racehorses." Add in four ounces of baking soda,  growth hormone, steroids,  EPO, and who-knows-what-else, and you have the full Robinson treatment.  Grin
TC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2005, 11:30:12 PM »

Not only is it not a guarantee of greatness, it's usually an indication of a not-very-athletic horse who's a grinder...a description that fits John Drew to a "T".
Yes, he's looked very un-athletic resurging vs. a Banca-anderson :51 pacer and that piece of crap Quiet Assassin, who he pimp-slapped on several occasions.  However, your point is well taken.  I'd have given a million for Bilateral when he stood next to former stablemate Staying together.  He LOOKED more impressive.  I believe Bilateral finished runner-up to that horse at least 5 times in that HOY season for Staying Together.  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »

Add in four aluminum shoes and you have the "Bill Robinson formula for rigging racehorses." Add in four ounces of baking soda,  growth hormone, steroids,  EPO, and who-knows-what-else, and you have the full Robinson treatment.  Grin
NJ, the who-knows-what-else would be "Canadian Spring Water" fresh from the Rockies !  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2005, 11:36:59 PM »

Yes, he's looked very un-athletic resurging vs. a Banca-anderson :51 pacer and that piece of crap Quiet Assassin, who he pimp-slapped on several occasions.  However, your point is well taken.  I'd have given a million for Bilateral when he stood next to former stablemate Staying together.  He LOOKED more impressive.  I believe Bilateral finished runner-up to that horse at least 5 times in that HOY season for Staying Together.  TC

TC:
When buying yearlings, most successful trainers stay away from horses that are either too big or too small , unless they're very familiar with the horse's family and have had success with too big or too small siblings or parents of the horse.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2005, 11:43:18 PM »

TC:
When buying yearlings, most successful trainers stay away from horses that are either too big or too small , unless they're very familiar with the horse's family and have had success with too big or too small siblings or parents of the horse.
NJ, Cape Crusader was a strapping colt, if I recall, so lineage is not a problem here.  Several of his progeny have developed on the major fair and midwest PM circuit.  I just know this colt has ability and it will manifest itself at some point.  Every indication I have is that the owners are remaining patient.  Let's face it, Jim Pantalestiffo normally can't find the winner's circle at M1 without a map.  Let John Drew draw inside, not take roadblocks from your Fhld idol Catman, and we'll see...TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2005, 11:49:54 PM »

No, add aluminums up front with half swedges behind with a little borum on the toes after you let his hopples out 3 inches and his head down two holes. On Wed. train him a double header 2:40 back in 2:25 and then a final trip in 2:10 with a last quarter in about 28. Give him 10cc's of banamine after training.Then give him Thursday off and have the groom walk him about a mile around the farm track. Give him 2 naqwazone tablets, 5cc's of EC and 5cc's of bute IV on Thursday.  No baking soda just 3cc's of straight Blue Vervain IV. on race day, and you ALMOST have the full Team *** treatment.  
njhorseman

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2005, 11:53:31 PM »

Note my selection of Brokaw in an earlier post on another John Drew thread. Brokaw is now a two time winner in the series:

njhorseman

Re: JOHN DREW IS BAAAACK
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 03:26:45 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck to the horse and his connections, but there are 64 other nominees to the Oil Burner he'll have to contend with. 

One eligible's name that I immediately recognized is Brokaw, who has won over $96,000 this year and has a mark of 1:51.4, and I'm sure there are a number of other sharp horses in there.

Report to moderator    152.163.100.198 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul  

njhorseman

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2005, 12:00:09 AM »

No, add aluminums up front with half swedges behind with a little borum on the toes after you let his hopples out 3 inches and his head down two holes. On Wed. train him a double header 2:40 back in 2:25 and then a final trip in 2:10 with a last quarter in about 28. Give him 10cc's of banamine after training.Then give him Thursday off and have the groom walk him about a mile around the farm track. Give him 2 naqwazone tablets, 5cc's of EC and 5cc's of bute IV on Thursday.  No baking soda just 3cc's of straight Blue Vervain IV. on race day, and you ALMOST have the full Team *** treatment.  

That would be the "We weren't Juicemen full Team *** treatment," wouldn't it? LOL Grin

Dan, I know you know that giving anything IV on race day is forbidden, even an "herbal" remedy like blue vervain. Not to mention whatever might be part of the mysterious  "ALMOST."  Grin
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 12:23:17 AM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: