Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 28, 2014, 06:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HB 620-ADW Illinois  (Read 1814 times)
Stat

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

On April 19, re referred to Rules Committee.  Anyone know what that means?
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »

On April 19, re referred to Rules Committee.  Anyone know what that means?

I'm guessing "lawmakers" on a different committee need some payola "contributions"?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »

The rules committee is a structural way for Madigan to control everything.  The Chair is one of his right hand men
Battled, Tired

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »

Kind of means in this case it is back to almost square one...when reviewed/read, it was sent back to the rules committee for review of some sort of legal/legislative aspect.  Because the current legislative session ends at the end of May and it can take 60-90 days for things to come out of the rules committee and back to the floor, it is probably dead until the fall.  There are currently a few hundred other bills in "rules committee."

The other two original bills --HB0964 and HB0995 -- were sent to Rules at the beginning of February and haven't had a sniff since then.  This HB620 is some sort of secret Madigan one -- when you read it online, it talks about this bill is a name change.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:38:47 PM by Battled, Tired » Report to moderator   Logged
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:26:22 AM »

Not sure if this has been posted, but the article states Fairmont is losing $100,000/month sans ADW:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/fairmount-faces-more-issues-than-the-snow/article_b7590622-5d98-51a2-bab1-5bff89361d2d.html
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »

Purse projections included ADW.  So, obviously the purse account suffers without it.  And the plan through and past next year (2014) is seriously impacted without ADW or a gaming bill.  Last time we cut purses, the main trainers all but stopped running.  It would seem that purse reductions are possible if things remain status quo.  Sad to think we may be back in that position so soon.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »

Of all the tracks and horsemen I think FP was doing the best by ADW because as TVG's partner they got all the TVG revenue from anywhere in Illinois. It more than overcame the cannibalization of their own OTBs, I believe.

Everywhere else, ADW just sucked money out of the system.

Jamons36

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »

As a patron (unwilling) of fairmount's OTB in Springfield I can tell you they didn't invest anything in there for years and it shows. Awful place to bet on races. The only thing I will give them credit for is putting newer terminals since they had the ones from 1995 until last year. ADW won't return soon enough for me.
Battled, Tired

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

Just got a email from TS stating that while they have been working with the Illinois legislature they don't expect anything to happen for two weeks... But here is a link to find any of the Arlington OTB's....
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

Of all the tracks and horsemen I think FP was doing the best by ADW because as TVG's partner they got all the TVG revenue from anywhere in Illinois. It more than overcame the cannibalization of their own OTBs, I believe.

Everywhere else, ADW just sucked money out of the system.
Thats hard to believe,with the brainiacs running the state and the racetracks! Wink Wink Wink Wink Grin
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »

Thats hard to believe,with the brainiacs running the state and the racetracks! Wink Wink Wink Wink Grin

Originally, when YouBet came to town and pretty much forced everyone into a competitive ~33-33-33 deal, ADW looked good. But as soon as Churchill bought YouBet and established a dominant position they screwed that old deal, and now its all very much weighted in favor of the ADW provider, and against horsemen. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: