Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 10:04:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COULD THIS BE THE ANSWER  (Read 1153 times)
couchman

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:14:11 AM »

How does this idea fly-mainly directed to owners & trainers

After a draw and your horse is entered, you see that you are in with persons who are under investigation or have been barred from other states, you have your horse scratched from that race. If this is done on a
regular basis maybe someone will get that message that most do not want to race against these people. These TRO'S are getting out of hand
Decisions on these matters should be decided quickly and justly not dragged on for month's and even years.
I am not saying these people are innocent or guilty let's just get the rulings over quickly.
I as an owner abide by the rules set forth and my trainer also does
Mistakes are made, I'm talking about minor ones  not major ones like the usage of exotic stimulants.
As you are the one investing your monies you should want to know what is happening with your investment
This does not mean to constantly irritate your trainer, all it means is that
you are interested in the progress of your horse
If your trainer or vet won't answer your questions honestly it's time to switch, if you continue  with these people it's your own fault.

Thanks for your time

Report to moderator   Logged
tonymfan

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:24:53 AM »

These TRO'S are getting out of hand
Decisions on these matters should be decided quickly and justly not dragged on for month's and even years.
I am not saying these people are innocent or guilty let's just get the rulings over quickly.

Agree with that but at that point the proceedings are in the court system. IRB and tracks have no power over what happens there. That's what the cheaters count on, the court system dragging things out forever and endless appeals.
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:00:19 AM »

After a draw and your horse is entered, you see that you are in with persons who are under investigation or have been barred from other states, you have your horse scratched from that race. If this is done on a
regular basis maybe someone will get that message that most do not want to race against these people. These TRO'S are getting out of hand
Mistakes are made, I'm talking about minor ones  not major ones like the usage of exotic stimulants.
As you are the one investing your monies you should want to know what is happening with your investment
If your trainer or vet won't answer your questions honestly it's time to switch, if you continue  with these people it's your own fault.

Thanks for your time

If you race and bet on horses on Sundays then you're no better then the people you are complaining about.
chicolt

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »

Couchman, great points, good ideas... and Dan Nance.... isn't this a harness racing forum?  When did you become ordained? Huh Huh
couchman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:32:06 PM »

I do bet on my own horses and they do race on Sundays and any other day that racing is conducted. Yes I am better than the individuals I have forementioned because we try to be honest and abide by the rules setforth.
I don't need to make some 4700 posts on every word that is said on this forum
Anyone who thinks that this man has some credability kindly read his posts on Sunday racing and various other postings. I am not here to judge him or insult him, his words speak for themselves. I posted an idea and I receive some babble about Sunday racing and betting
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »

Thanks for your time

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the old saying "Win the battle and lose the war".  You would be a winner in principle but you'd end up
scratching your horse so many times you would never make enough purse money to pay the bills!

nelly

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »

couchman,
Who would you be able to race against in Chicago!!!!  Feel free to give us a list of all the hay and oats trainers that we can race against!!!!!  The other problem is that the races would go on and the so-called cheaters would continue to win and make money so I think it would be a step in the wrong direction!!!!  The racing officials in Chicago have had plenty of opprutunities to clean up the sport and they have taken a pass!!!!  Why do they have no testing for EPO?? Why not have a pre-race black box test?? Why don't they stiffen the fines and penalties for violators?Huh
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »

Nelly, Your words ring true! I agree with your whole post!
FreeLegged

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »

I wish the gov't would get deeply involved just like baseball. MLB is far from fixed, but more progress was made from the hearings than was done in 10 yrs.

The threat of congress instituting a "one and done" policy in baseball, forced hands. Selig and Fehr squirmed more in those few days, wow did they sweat.
couchman

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »

Thanks for your time

couchman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 09:30:19 PM »

I posted this on June 15th
We may be the only ones that are scratching
Seems like LaVerne may join in
How about the rest of you owners and trainers so that we can get some action
Thank you
emp

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:35:16 PM »

I posted this on June 15th
We may be the only ones that are scratching
Seems like LaVerne may join in
How about the rest of you owners and trainers so that we can get some action
Thank you

The snowball is rolling and getting bigger and bigger down the hill. Did you not pay attention to this post and the replies?
http://www.barntowire.com/smf/index.php?topic=5827.0

Read the Press Release as another one is going out tonite:
http://www.horsemansvoice.com/hvpressrelease062606.doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: