Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 07:13:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes in the ILHBPA Leadership  (Read 2615 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »

Good Luck Dano - Don't take the "Eristic" bait being tossed out on here - Plato is on your side.

"Eristic is arguing for the sake of conflict as opposed to the seeking of conflict resolution."

Keep right on believing it.  Roll Eyes
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »

Jerry Hammond has temporarily taken over the position of president of the HBPA.  John Wainright has resigned.  The Executive Director has changed his status on FB to "Former ED of ILHBPA.  And as far as "catching" this earlier...the by laws have not always been readily available and have changes and add-ons that many were unaware of.
I think most people are just looking for alittle solid information.  There is nothing listed on the ILHBPA website and no meetings have been called.  Just two sentences on the bottom of the Overnight stated John resigned and Jerry is now President....
There are far too many rumors going around and it isn't fair to the entire membership to not be informed of the circumstances.  Its just leading to more unnecessary drama.
A formal announcement on the website at the very least and hopefully a general membership meeting would be of great help.   ( Trying to keep this as positive as I possibly can, and for those that know me, it isn't easy! Lol )
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 11:34:37 AM »

Wasn't Mr. Wainright the incumbent at the last election? What changed (and when) in the bylaws between his initial election and the last one?

sparky

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »

Requirements are an owners license for the prior three years.  Johns hasn't held an owners license in many years...
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »

Thx

dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »

If the DQ situation was so obvious, you would think some bright boy or girl would have noticed before three years had passed. Any ILHPBA member who failed to notice before now shares equally in the guilt and deserves to be punished. I think you were running for something 3 years ago, were you not? Why did you not notice this problem?

No, I am simply a member of the organization and have not run for any office.  I did support the other candidate at that time, and incurred the wrath associated with that position.

There has also been a lot of confusion and lack of availability of the bylaws.  I read them for the first time, about two weeks ago.

Generally speaking, the members do not possess the same degree of fiduciary responsibility as the board members or ed.  They are placed in the position of trust, responsibility and duty to the membership.  In my profession, we provide insurance to boards of directors in the form of Directors and Officers Liability coverage.  I have never seen a case where a member was held responsible for the primary failure of a board.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:41:16 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 03:24:55 PM »

Right now it's probably most important to communicate to the membership how the transition is progressing.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

Generally speaking, the members do not possess the same degree of fiduciary responsibility as the board members or ed.  They are placed in the position of trust, responsibility and duty to the membership.  In my profession, we provide insurance to boards of directors in the form of Directors and Officers Liability coverage.  I have never seen a case where a member was held responsible for the primary failure of a board.

I'm betting you've never seen a member of a board really held accountable for anything, either. Officers, maybe.

But in the meantime, isn't it also the job of the stockholders to watch what their board and officers are up to, especially at elections times? Or do they just blindly follow like sheep?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:42:08 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »

"Ertistc"  again.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »

"Ertistc"  again.   

Yes, you are.

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »

But in the meantime, isn't it also the job of the stockholders to watch what their board and officers are up to, especially at elections times? Or do they just blindly follow like sheep?

Comparing members of an organization with stockholders in a company is specious at best. It does appear that the members are "watching what their board and officers are up to, especially at election times" . It appears that's exactly what they are doing. Hence, the changes.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »

Is it possible for all or some of these horsemen groups merge to become a bigger and stronger organization?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »

Is it possible for all or some of these horsemen groups merge to become a bigger and stronger organization?

That's what the national groups are for. Almost all of the individual horsemen's reps are affiliated with either HBPA or THA. You can't have too much coordination though, or you run into antitrust issues.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:47 PM »

I'm betting you've never seen a member of a board really held accountable for anything, either. Officers, maybe.

Board members are very definitely held liable, both for errors and omissions.  Many Directors and Officers Liability Policies also extend coverage to board members, for that very reason.   
Go Baby

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »

Red, I have to give you a standing ovation.  I got out of horse racing about three years ago because of the corruption down at Fairmount Park.  It is unbelieveable what goes on down there.  They have the horseman by the b---s because they are so poor they have no other place to go.  It is a real tragedy the way the horseman are treated.  The HBPA does NOTHING to help the horseman.  The HBPA is totally in bed with the racetrack.  If the horseman stand up, they are threatened.  I do not want anything to do with Fairmount Park.  My wife and I are honest people and we were good for the sport.  It is very obvious to me, we are not the kind of people that the HBPA want.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »

Sorry that Go Baby's Gone

Downstate hotshots dogma may be:

" It not the People who vote that Count.  It's the People that Count the Vote."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: