Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 07:27:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes in the ILHBPA Leadership  (Read 2653 times)
dano-themano

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »

Per the overnight for 4/26:  John Wainwright has resigned as HBPA President.  New president is Jerry Hammond.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:56:29 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:32:45 AM »

If the President was forced to step down you would think there would be some kind of announcement.  Its important to get accurate information out to the horseman....
Report to moderator   Logged
User1015

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:41 AM »

What were the results from the General Nomination meeting on the 17th?
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »

What were the results from the General Nomination meeting on the 17th?

Per the overnight for 4/26:  John Wainwright has resigned as HBPA President.  New president is Jerry Hammond.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:56:52 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »

If the President was forced to step down you would think there would be some kind of announcement.  Its important to get accurate information out to the horseman....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:01:51 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:04:38 PM »

I am not running for any position this time around, as I want to train and when I try to help, strange things happen.

However, I heard from 4 people in the know (yesterday) that a major change of leadership has occurred.  Out of respect, I did not comment further for 24 hours.  At this point, somebody needs to publicly comment.

What's the rules at the IL HBPA? Does the E.D. serve at the pleasure of the President, or the board?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »

I believe the E.D. serves at the pleasure of the board of directors. The leadership was changed but will wait to hear the official change on the HBPA website instead of discussing it here. 
Lots of nominations for the BOD but have to wait on eligibility requirements to be met on each nominee before anyone can be placed on the ballot.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:57:35 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 04:49:32 PM »

LOL I don't see any real use for the by laws then if the board doesn't have to follow them. Kinda makes them useless doesn't it?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »

So Dano does that mean that the other nominees who were not eligible are also able to run for President in the upcoming election?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:43:17 PM by thoroughbred » Report to moderator   Logged
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »

So Dano does that mean that the other nominees who were not eligible are also able to run for President in the upcoming election?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:58:12 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »

Current Officials changing Rules so they can continue to be The Officials. 

Current Officials violating the Rules so they change the Rules so they can remain The Officials.

Current Officials cancel  an  Election , in order to assure that they remain The Officials.

Maybe in a  Third World Dictatorship , but this is the USA !

Gotta be some laws out there.

This can't be right.

Scav

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 07:34:14 AM »

Which group is this? The one that represents Fairmount?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 10:34:42 AM »

yes, they represent Fairmount Park. 

I wanted to check out the by-laws so I went to the HBPA site and found the by-laws page was down...
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 11:41:13 AM »

This thread says "Changes in the ILHBPA Leadership", except that there have been no changes.  There has only been rumors and discussions on rules.  Wait until something is announced before putting up a thread like this.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

I'm deleting my posts because I have been warned not to speak out.  

I love Fairmount Park.  It is my hope and belief that I will feel that way about my horsemen's association in the very near future.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:03:08 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 02:31:37 AM »

"warned" probably means "threatened"  - What a sad situation - Free Speech  Chilled , Free Elections Thwarted , Free Ride for the " FP Cartel"

They must be following the Louisiana Model for HBPA Management -  The path to prison ?

chitchatgirl

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »

Meeting held Wed. April 17, members found out their president was not and has not been eligible to hold office.  Wainwright supposedly resigns the next day, the by-laws are taken down from the website so no one can see what they actually say, a letter was delivered to the secretary calling for her resignation because she was responsible for verifying nominees for office and obviously did not do her job, and NOT ONE WORD has come from the HBPA office.  You can't say this is all made up - there was a nomination meeting, members were there.  The current administration needs to go - start over with new leadership. Why does the Executive Director's facebook page - say former executive director hbpa? 
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »

www.fbi.gov under "labor racketeering"  says in part : 

" Labor Racketeers attempt to control ....... by rigging elections."

" Labor racketeering is the domination, manipulation, and control of a labor movement in order to affect related business and industries.  It can lead to the denial of workers' rights and inflicts an economic loss on the workers , business, industry, insurer, or consumer. "

Fodder for multiple analogies, perhaps ?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »

www.fbi.gov under "labor racketeering"  says in part : 

" Labor Racketeers attempt to control ....... by rigging elections."

" Labor racketeering is the domination, manipulation, and control of a labor movement in order to affect related business and industries.  It can lead to the denial of workers' rights and inflicts an economic loss on the workers , business, industry, insurer, or consumer. "

Fodder for multiple analogies, perhaps ?

You guys have been going on about this for at least three years now. How about delivering on your accusations, for a change?

dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »

Whatever the case, let us hope that there is enough change with this election that guys like me do not have to worry about expressing opinions about an organization which is chartered to serve us---not the other way around.  Enough is enough. 
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »

You guys have been going on about this for at least three years now. How about delivering on your accusations, for a change?

I am staying out of all that.  But there were 2 people who had the opportunity to be president three years ago, and one was ineligible the entire time. There are levels of responsibility in any organization.  Those responsible for this blunder either acted in a negligent or intentional manner.  It isn't just an accident that happens.  Whoever else was involved also needs to step down and withdraw from the election.  It is the only respectful and just thing to do.  I hope this thing does not go to court, because it would be ugly.

I don't know if the other candidate for president wants the position, but he deserves to be seated immediately.  Any other action fails to right the wrong.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »

If the DQ situation was so obvious, you would think some bright boy or girl would have noticed before three years had passed. Any ILHPBA member who failed to notice before now shares equally in the guilt and deserves to be punished. I think you were running for something 3 years ago, were you not? Why did you not notice this problem?

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »

Good Luck Dano - Don't take the "Eristic" bait being tossed out on here - Plato is on your side.

"Eristic is arguing for the sake of conflict as opposed to the seeking of conflict resolution."

User1015

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »

Who is operating the HBPA office now?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: