Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 03:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 21020 times)
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #925 on: August 29, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »

WE GOT WHEELER. SYNDERGAARD, D'ARNARD AND NOW THESE TWO  ESPECIALLY THE RELIEVER, BLACK,  GREAT WORK
who knows if the 2b will ever be good... it's still more than they got for Reyes
Report to moderator   Logged
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »

Harvey has another wasted performance yesterday. it must be 10 or so no decisions for him this yr. not his greatest effort but solid. as a mets fan I have said since april  two yrs and they will be contending. next yr I see a 500 record but the braves are loaded with good young players.   TWO YEARS

Looks like the two years has turned into four or five minimum thumbs down
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: August 30, 2013, 11:45:57 AM »

Looks like the two years has turned into four or five minimum thumbs down
I wouldn't say 5 years but there has been a major setback.
They have $33mm committed to next season. I believe $70mm is coming off the books and ownership has committed to a $100mm payroll for next year. Of course they have to spend the money wisely, but that infusion of cash at 3-4 positions should jump start them.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: August 30, 2013, 12:07:34 PM »

I wouldn't say 5 years but there has been a major setback.
They have $33mm committed to next season. I believe $70mm is coming off the books and ownership has committed to a $100mm payroll for next year. Of course they have to spend the money wisely, but that infusion of cash at 3-4 positions should jump start them.

Having money to spend means nothing, ask the Angels and Blue Jays.......losing your best player for 2 years means a lot more, I say two years because after the surgery he will be on an innings limit the next year........thats why I say 5 years or more before they are any good
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: August 30, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »

two yrs  minors are loaded  plus bucks to spend
dice k as i said  dumb move!!

can't wait to see this guy black

Vic Black Should Report To Mets By Sept. 1 And Bypass Vegas
 An article by 72MetsFan     82 Comments

Update 8/29, 5:45 PM by Satish Ram

The Mets announced earlier on Twitter that Victor Black was the PTBNL in the deal that saw the Mets send Marlon Byrd, John  Buck, and cash to the Pirates. This was old news, however, as speculation ran rampant as soon as the trade was announced.

The new news, coming via Adam Rubin, is that the Mets are working with a technicality that allows Black to take 72 hours to report to his new team. This will allow him to report directly to the Mets on September 1st with the roster expansion and bypass the trouble of going to Vegas for a day.

So yes, it looks like Vic Black has gone through the process to get to the Mets and those anxious to see the return of the trade will be pleased very soon. Black should be an excellent addition to our bullpen that is currently missing Parnell and he could become an interim closer if he enjoys success.

Original Post

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, right-handed reliever Vic Black is the Player to be Named Later that will complete the trade that sent John Buck and Marlon Byrd to the Pirates for Dilson Herrera.

Black is currently on waivers and is expected to clear tomorrow, but the Pirates intend to send Black to the Mets at the end of the season.

Black reportedly is on waivers. If he goes unclaimed, the deal can be completed now. If he is claimed, he will need to be pulled back and be sent to the Mets after the season.

Black, 25, was the 49th overall pick in the 2009 draft out of Dallas Baptist University. John Sickels had the following to say about him last week:

Unlike many minor league closers, Black does not want for stuff: he has one of the best fastballs in the system, clocked as high as 101 MPH in the minors; he hit 98 during his major league trial and averaged 95. A supplemental first round pick in 2009 out of Dallas Baptist, he struggled with control problems, a substandard change-up, and persistent arm trouble early in his career and at one point looked like a bust.

He revived his career by converting to relief, posting an excellent 1.65 ERA with an 85/29 K/BB in 60 innings with 13 saves last year in Double-A, followed by consistent success this year. He’s had fewer problems throwing strikes and staying healthy with relief use, doesn’t have to worry about the change-up, and can just come in and blow people away for an inning or two with his fastball and a slider that can touch 90.

MiLB.com ranked him as the sixth-best pitching prospect in the Pirates system.

Black is 5-3 with a 2.51 ERA and had 17 saves in 38 relief appearances with Triple-A Indianapolis this season

may the horse be with you
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: August 30, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »

two yrs  minors are loaded  plus bucks to spend
dice k as i said  dumb move!!

can't wait to see this guy black

Vic Black Should Report To Mets By Sept. 1 And Bypass Vegas
 An article by 72MetsFan     82 Comments

Update 8/29, 5:45 PM by Satish Ram

The Mets announced earlier on Twitter that Victor Black was the PTBNL in the deal that saw the Mets send Marlon Byrd, John  Buck, and cash to the Pirates. This was old news, however, as speculation ran rampant as soon as the trade was announced.

The new news, coming via Adam Rubin, is that the Mets are working with a technicality that allows Black to take 72 hours to report to his new team. This will allow him to report directly to the Mets on September 1st with the roster expansion and bypass the trouble of going to Vegas for a day.

So yes, it looks like Vic Black has gone through the process to get to the Mets and those anxious to see the return of the trade will be pleased very soon. Black should be an excellent addition to our bullpen that is currently missing Parnell and he could become an interim closer if he enjoys success.

Original Post

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, right-handed reliever Vic Black is the Player to be Named Later that will complete the trade that sent John Buck and Marlon Byrd to the Pirates for Dilson Herrera.

Black is currently on waivers and is expected to clear tomorrow, but the Pirates intend to send Black to the Mets at the end of the season.

Black reportedly is on waivers. If he goes unclaimed, the deal can be completed now. If he is claimed, he will need to be pulled back and be sent to the Mets after the season.

Black, 25, was the 49th overall pick in the 2009 draft out of Dallas Baptist University. John Sickels had the following to say about him last week:

Unlike many minor league closers, Black does not want for stuff: he has one of the best fastballs in the system, clocked as high as 101 MPH in the minors; he hit 98 during his major league trial and averaged 95. A supplemental first round pick in 2009 out of Dallas Baptist, he struggled with control problems, a substandard change-up, and persistent arm trouble early in his career and at one point looked like a bust.

He revived his career by converting to relief, posting an excellent 1.65 ERA with an 85/29 K/BB in 60 innings with 13 saves last year in Double-A, followed by consistent success this year. He’s had fewer problems throwing strikes and staying healthy with relief use, doesn’t have to worry about the change-up, and can just come in and blow people away for an inning or two with his fastball and a slider that can touch 90.

MiLB.com ranked him as the sixth-best pitching prospect in the Pirates system.

Black is 5-3 with a 2.51 ERA and had 17 saves in 38 relief appearances with Triple-A Indianapolis this season

Minors are loaded LOLLLLLLLLLL.........are they gonna win with a bunch of minor leaguers and some overpriced free agents........doubtful
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: August 31, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »

your comments are a joke  you build with your farm system  every one of the mets farm teams are in the playoffs if brooklyn wins division. did the yankers build with jeter , mario, and petit when they came up?  did the giants wins with prospect pitching that came thru the system  last yr?   what a dumb statement. free agency adds to a contender but by itself can not build a contender

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: August 31, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »

montero does it again  remember he is pitching in las vegas where the light air let's ball launch

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Rafael Montero  6.1 3 0 0 1 8 0 3.05

another outstanding mets young pitcher

Outstanding Pitcher and Frank Viola Coach of the Year
 August 30th, 2013  1:00 pm
Yesterday, in voting by the South Atlantic managers, front offices and media, Gabriel Ynoa was selected as the a-ball League’s Most Outstanding Pitcher and his Pitching Coach, Frank Viola earned Coach of the Year status.

Ynoa is third in the

SAL in ERA (2.72) and first in wins (15). He has the lowest walk rate (3%) among qualified pitchers in the SAL and has fanned 19.6% of opposing batters.

Ynoa, who turned 20 on May 26th, is one of the Mets’ better pitching prospects in the low minors. He has a solid pitcher’s frame at 6’2″, with room to add strength as he matures. He has enough fastball to pitch in the big leagues, sitting recently 90-92 although he can touch higher. His secondary offerings include a changeup and a slider. He has feel for both. The changeup began the year as his best secondary offering although recently scouts have told me they think his breaking ball can get to Major Leauge average as well. Ynoa, if everything breaks right, could profile as a league average starter in the big leagues. He’s smart and has figured out to attack hitters in spacious Grayson Stadium.

Frank is just the best. The former Cy Young Award winner attacks coaching with an infectious enthusiasm and has made just about every pitcher he’s coached better. It’s a good record.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:16:30 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #933 on: August 31, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »

your comments are a joke  you build with your farm system  every one of the mets farm teams are in the playoffs if brooklyn wins division. did the yankers build with jeter , mario, and petit when they came up?  did the giants wins with prospect pitching that came thru the system  last yr?   what a dumb statement. free agency adds to a contender but by itself can not build a contender
Dating myself here but I remember Jeter and Mariano as Albany-Colonie Yankees.. How a Yankees AA affiliate didn't make it in Albany is beyond fathom but that's another discussion for Jim Coyne.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: August 31, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »

I guess you must be confused and not understand what I posted........I already stated that free agents arent all they are cracked up to be and listed examples (Toronto, Angels)..........Also the Yankers were good before Jeter and actually won the whole thing in his first full season in 1996.......1994 before the strike they had the best record in baseball........That team was so stacked if you look at the names and lots were there before Jeter.....to say they built around those guys is laughable
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: September 01, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

and the giants  you logic if any is there is a joke  so if free agents aren't the way and the farm system isn't what einstein is your blueprint laughing guy laughing guy

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: September 01, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »

wheeler's stats are overrated last night  he did not look that impresive  he says he is tired breaking pitches were very weak  lots of hangers

notes:  murphy on one of his hot streaks   ... good by ike davis   he is eligible for arbitration and will get   4- 5 million  mets won't pay  they also have murphy in same bracket   lagures looked great in rf for start there  he is a starting outfielder next yr.  dekker has yet to hit bigs pitching has solid defense but i say put lagares in cf and leave him there next yr......51's clinched playofs last night... brooklyn needs to win today for division and playoffs

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #937 on: September 01, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

Love Legares.  Sam do you have twitter?  My response to Burkhart's Ike tweet is approaching legendary status!  #ikeikebaby
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: September 01, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »

Love Legares.  Sam do you have twitter?  My response to Burkhart's Ike tweet is approaching legendary status!  #ikeikebaby

he is not the only one saying it  post  espn ny etc   don't tweet only do facebook

stone162

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »

and the giants  you logic if any is there is a joke  so if free agents aren't the way and the farm system isn't what einstein is your blueprint laughing guy laughing guy

Again you are putting words into my mouth as I never said a good farm system wont help as it always helps to develop a few good prospects.......the key words there are few and prospects.....meaning some of these guys that look great in the minors just dont pan out or just because you are a high draft pick you will be good in the majors.......IMO its just tough to put some free agents with a bunch of rookies/young players together and expect them to be good........the starting pitching on the team now would all be number 5 starters on any contender....tough to turn that around in 2years IMO
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #940 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »

he is not the only one saying it  post  espn ny etc   don't tweet only do facebook
get a twitter Sam... mine has made me some serious money betting John Dooley spot plays.   You can also get a shit ton of info from all your favorite trainers about steak horses and a TON of Mets info
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: September 01, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »

get a twitter Sam... mine has made me some serious money betting John Dooley spot plays.   You can also get a shit ton of info from all your favorite trainers about steak horses and a TON of Mets info

respect that but twitting takes too much time   gets tons of info from the dozen sites i have in favorites for mets and giants. and their is nothing like past performances and replays for the way i bet
glad it is good for you thumbs up

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: September 02, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

notes:  murphy continues hot streak with 2 more hits every ball he hits is hard ..will we see the debut of vic black today and his 100mph fastball with dice k pitching that could happen.. pencil in a loss with dic k pitching...brooklyn lost again and their playoff chances are going away 1/1/2 with 3 to play...st lucie fell just short for playoffs finished 71-60...two weeks ago it looked like all 6 minor league teams would make the playoffs, 4 are in... will dykstra get a shot at first base next spring , 21 homers and 271 at binghampton this yr.. wright to do rehab with one of 4 playoff teams , where will it be?

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #943 on: September 02, 2013, 11:59:44 AM »

Allan Dykstra just finished his 3d year in Broome County.  Never hit more than where he's at now. Great kid, career minor leaguer.  It worked for a guy like Matt Raleigh who eventually got his World Series ring as Marlins hitting instructor.  The only year he managed in the minors his team finished first in the Southern League
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: September 02, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »

Allan Dykstra just finished his 3d year in Broome County.  Never hit more than where he's at now. Great kid, career minor leaguer.  It worked for a guy like Matt Raleigh who eventually got his World Series ring as Marlins hitting instructor.  The only year he managed in the minors his team finished first in the Southern League

i agree but think he will be invited to spring training

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #945 on: September 02, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »

i agree but think he will be invited to spring training
My impression is that he's being groomed to go in to coaching much like Matt was.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: September 02, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »

Sam, and Foiled were right. Dice K is a complete waste. I thought so too, at the time, but I thought they had to get someone to keep the younger pitchers from reaching inning limits dunno dunno
What I really don't get now are 2 things:
Didn't we see enough after ONE game that Dice K is a waste?
Isn't there SOME young kid in the minors (or even a veteran in the minors) that couldn't benefit from getting a taste of pitching in the big leagues?
Am I missing something?
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: September 02, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »

Sam, and Foiled were right. Dice K is a complete waste. I thought so too, at the time, but I thought they had to get someone to keep the younger pitchers from reaching inning limits dunno dunno
What I really don't get now are 2 things:
Didn't we see enough after ONE game that Dice K is a waste?
Isn't there SOME young kid in the minors (or even a veteran in the minors) that couldn't benefit from getting a taste of pitching in the big leagues?
Am I missing something?

yes what a joke why bother    ENOUGH PLEASE SANDY!!!!!

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: September 02, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »

someone needs to eat up those Harvey innings till the end of the season

looks like batting practice from Dice K
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: September 02, 2013, 07:51:58 PM »

When its inevitable that my teams season is over, I just want to see a plan moving forward, and I see that. With $65-$70mm to spend and only $33mm in the books things look promising. This is the time for them to evaluate players at the big league level. There must be pitchers somewhere they can bring up? Unless they care more about how their farm affiliates do in the playoffs?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: