Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 01:02:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 21084 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: July 05, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »

Makes no sense leaving Davis in Vegas. Lets find out if he can hit or not. He had the big second half last year, and if he bombs this time, its time to part ways. Las Vegas will do him no good whatsoever. He has the talent. Lets see it and see if he's part of the future or just another Alex Escobar, Lastings Milledge, Shawn Abner, Bill Pulsipher and all the rest that they hyped up and failed miserably

if he is not fixed yet why bring him up so you destroy him mentally more
Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #726 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »

Had the big hitting streak in his first season....24 games ?......and then the off season mess ended his career

Let us also not forget the immortal Paul Wilson, part of that Big 3 that all flopped ----Isringhausen of course wound up a solid reliever but the Mets got nothing out of him.

One think is certain---Harvey is a cant miss. His stuff is too good, and he's too smart on the mound---barring some very freakish thing, he's going to be be a start for a very long time. Wheeler will be fine too, but nowhere near Harvey. Gee has been a real nice surprise
I will eat my crow concerning Dillon Gee.  I remember him pitching in Binghamton and struggling every damn time I saw him.  Then he had that hot start to his career and I figured NO WAY he could hold up to it, that he'd be back in the minors soon.  Well 3 years later, he's still here.  He's not an ace, but he's carved out a nice place for himself. thumbs up
Max R

« Reply #727 on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

if he is not fixed yet why bring him up so you destroy him mentally more

Hes not going to be "fixed ' where he is now. Either he can hit big league pitching or he cant. You really think Backman and company and are going to declare him ready to go and hes gonna come here and tear the cover off the ball. Its time to see what he can do. There's obviously no pressure on him playing for the Mets . If he can't compete , they have to start making decisions. He isn't gaining any confidence where he is now.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: July 05, 2013, 02:03:40 PM »

are you kidding me then they should never had set him down. the media will be all over him in nyc  there will be 40 mikes in front of him while in vegas one or two bringing him back to early will be a major mistake if not right and will be his ticket out of town  i can hear the fan now if he strikes out 3 times in first game. players say they don't read the papers or listern to sports radio but they do

Max R

« Reply #729 on: July 05, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »

are you kidding me then they should never had set him down. the media will be all over him in nyc  there will be 40 mikes in front of him while in vegas one or two bringing him back to early will be a major mistake if not right and will be his ticket out of town  i can hear the fan now if he strikes out 3 times in first game. players say they don't read the papers or listern to sports radio but they do

Sorry , either he can play or he cant. He has spent tons of time in the minors in his career. Time to put up or shut up. He might just be another AAAA player, but his stay at Vegas currently isn't going to make him better at this point. Rest assured of that. If he cant stand mikes in front of him In NY, time to head off to Cleveland. He wouldn't be the first player who can't handle the bright lights of the Big Apple. The list is very long.  Triple A is not the answer

What if he fails to hit down there the remainder of the season ?  What do you propose then ? If he can't play, he shouldn't be on the payroll. The Mets have enough dead weight
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #730 on: July 05, 2013, 03:55:49 PM »

Hes not going to be "fixed ' where he is now. Either he can hit big league pitching or he cant. You really think Backman and company and are going to declare him ready to go and hes gonna come here and tear the cover off the ball. Its time to see what he can do. There's obviously no pressure on him playing for the Mets . If he can't compete , they have to start making decisions. He isn't gaining any confidence where he is now.
Backman has turned out to be a great teacher.  He's really best utilized at a lower level but he's great at what he does.  It was either move him along or lose him to a better offer.  Backman has probably done everything he can do for Ike.  I have a feeling that Ike's mechanics will be much better.  Whether or not he can handle the Big Apple is the question.
Max R

« Reply #731 on: July 05, 2013, 04:04:45 PM »

I will eat my crow concerning Dillon Gee.  I remember him pitching in Binghamton and struggling every damn time I saw him.  Then he had that hot start to his career and I figured NO WAY he could hold up to it, that he'd be back in the minors soon.  Well 3 years later, he's still here.  He's not an ace, but he's carved out a nice place for himself. thumbs up

Gee has improved his game in many areas. He's a solid piece of the puzzle now. I really hope they dont' "include" him any deal that they might make. He's got the right attitude and would make a darn good number 3 or 4 almost anywhere. Hopefully that will be in NY, but my guess is that they would move him if someone insisted he be tossed into a larger deal. Heffner has gone forward as the year has progressed as well. There is definitely hope somewhere in that mix.

Ervin Santana is a free agent next season and is having a big year for the Royals. He's 31 and has been erratic in the past, but really seems to have found himself. I, for one would love to see the Mets go after him. The price might not be that high, but I have no idea what he's looking for and for how long. Don't let the 5-5 record fool you.We know what W-L records mean. Teams are batting .224 against him and the Royals simply haven't hit for him ----as has been the case with James Shields as well. KC has been a colossal disappointment this year

Of course the Mets really need is a big bat. Adam Jones would make that outfield look a lot better. Hes young and has tons of upside. Im guessing they wont keep 36 year old Marlin Byrd but he has really done his job. I doubt he's in their plans.

The free agent class int overwhelming. Lots of older names that are kind of risky to invest in
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #733 on: July 05, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »

she's wearing WAY too many clothes for my taste
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: July 05, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »

Gee has improved his game in many areas. He's a solid piece of the puzzle now. I really hope they dont' "include" him any deal that they might make. He's got the right attitude and would make a darn good number 3 or 4 almost anywhere. Hopefully that will be in NY, but my guess is that they would move him if someone insisted he be tossed into a larger deal. Heffner has gone forward as the year has progressed as well. There is definitely hope somewhere in that mix.

Ervin Santana is a free agent next season and is having a big year for the Royals. He's 31 and has been erratic in the past, but really seems to have found himself. I, for one would love to see the Mets go after him. The price might not be that high, but I have no idea what he's looking for and for how long. Don't let the 5-5 record fool you.We know what W-L records mean. Teams are batting .224 against him and the Royals simply haven't hit for him ----as has been the case with James Shields as well. KC has been a colossal disappointment this year

Of course the Mets really need is a big bat. Adam Jones would make that outfield look a lot better. Hes young and has tons of upside. Im guessing they wont keep 36 year old Marlin Byrd but he has really done his job. I doubt he's in their plans.

The free agent class int overwhelming. Lots of older names that are kind of risky to invest in
ervin santana  laughing guy laughing guy are you kidding me we need a retread pitcher like we need a hole in the head. we have great young pitchers coming up . why spend millions for a retread

Max R

« Reply #735 on: July 05, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »

ervin santana  laughing guy laughing guy are you kidding me we need a retread pitcher like we need a hole in the head. we have great young pitchers coming up . why spend millions for a retread

You obviously have not been paying attention----he's looked great every start
You may want to stick with the $2.10 things---seems more your speed---not baseball
Santana has been a stud this year and at age 31 in the NL, he  could be huge. The AL hasnt hit him this year.

Show wagers might be a better option than baseball ......think it over

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #736 on: July 05, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

You obviously have not been paying attention----he's looked great every start
You may want to stick with the $2.10 things---seems more your speed---not baseball
Santana has been a stud this year and at age 31 in the NL, he  could be huge. The AL hasnt hit him this year.

Show wagers might be a better option than baseball ......think it over

I gotta be honest here, Sam's baseball reads blow the lockies away.  He pulls up a lot of informative stuff.
Max R

« Reply #737 on: July 05, 2013, 07:00:37 PM »

I gotta be honest here, Sam's baseball reads blow the lockies away.  He pulls up a lot of informative stuff.

Hard to not think of $2.10 when Sam comes to mind. Gotta get used to it  dunno
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: July 05, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »

see unlocked tonight in selections, learn

SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: July 05, 2013, 11:52:14 PM »

Totally agree!!!!!
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: July 06, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »

The first Padres run was surrendered by Jack Leathersich, who gave up a homerun to the first batter he faced after replacing Fox in the 7th inning. Hes allowed six earned runs in 10.2 innings since being called up to AAA

Max R

« Reply #741 on: July 06, 2013, 06:40:38 AM »

Wheeler , one earned run in 5---ball had solid movement and he did what he had to. He battled and got his win
Now why cant they put up 12 runs for Harvey? I dont think he's got that many for the season

As I said all day yesterday, the proper move was to bring Davis back and they did what was right. Time to put up the numbers and it was a great effort, albeit against a brutal Brewer staff. Made NO sense keeping him at Vegas. Lets see how it progresses going forward, but a nice return. Good for Ike  thumbs up

Leaving Davis in AAA would have been very foolish
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: July 06, 2013, 07:27:58 AM »

Now that he is back he better go on a tear or he will be booed out of NY
Max R

« Reply #743 on: July 06, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »

Now that he is back he better go on a tear or he will be booed out of NY

He has shown he has the ability to do it---Like I say if he cant produce he should be run out of town. I totally agree. I have a hunch this will very similar to last season.  He still had that hitch last night, so that wasn't the problem as most already knew. It was  more than likely a mental thing, and  he looked good. No reason not to be a solid first baseman
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: July 06, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »

I want to take some positives out of last nights game and I guess Wheeler getting out of the 5th with bases loaded 1 out is a positive, and the hitting are both a positive.
But geez the Brewers are awful. Getting thrown out on the bases, errors, and not getting to balls which we're very playable dunno dunno
After seeing that display last night, nothing less than a sweep would make me satisfied.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #745 on: July 06, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »

The first Padres run was surrendered by Jack Leathersich, who gave up a homerun to the first batter he faced after replacing Fox in the 7th inning. Hes allowed six earned runs in 10.2 innings since being called up to AAA
not what I wanted to see today  censor
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: July 07, 2013, 06:35:48 AM »

get rid of this bum  why is he taking a space in rotation he will not be here next year  what is the point

S Marcum
(L, 1-10) 5.0 11 6 5 1 3 1 83-59 5.29

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: July 07, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »

wow mets are better than i thought this yr. hefner is definitely part of rotation for next yr.  what a surprise. what to do with josh satin?  and parnell is our closer was hitting 99 today, only 9 walks all yr and not a home run in almost a yr

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #748 on: July 07, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »

Hef is pitching well... next year you have Harvey, Wheeler, Neise, Gee and one other.. you get Montero and where's Hef fit?  You have a GLUT of starting pitching.  Syndegaard isn't even part of this post.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: July 08, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »

i agree  some one is getting traded oops did i say trade a pitcher laughing guy laughing guy

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: