Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 07:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 22084 times)
AssociatedGamblers

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »

what other young pitcher match up would you like to see then?  you got to think ahead like when you bet horses

Its game 12 or so of a season where the Mets will win 75 games if they are lucky. Like I said , arent we getting a bit ahead of ourselves with Matt Harvey. He looks outrageous but...................................

DOES THE NAME MARK PRIOR MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU ?
Report to moderator   Logged
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »

Its game 12 or so of a season where the Mets will win 75 games if they are lucky. Like I said , arent we getting a bit ahead of ourselves with Matt Harvey. He looks outrageous but...................................

DOES THE NAME MARK PRIOR MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU ?
Matt Harvey has much better mechanics than Prior had, Strasburg too for that matter.  He throws that hard and it looks effortless.  He really should hold up.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2013, 04:57:03 AM »

denver forecast

Right Now Today Tonight   26°FFEELS LIKE 26°46°HIGH33°LOWCloudy
OQ1212 2 Locations nearby are reporting snow. Snow to RainSnow Showers EarlyPast 24-hr Precip:
0.70 in (est.)

looks like the mets players will be going to the bon jovi concert in denver tonight

on a good note nimmo off to great start

Brandon Nimmo went 3-for-5 with a homer and five RBIs. The 2011 first-round pick lifted his South Atlantic League average to .429.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:14:53 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2013, 08:24:22 AM »

Matt Harvey has much better mechanics than Prior had, Strasburg too for that matter.  He throws that hard and it looks effortless.  He really should hold up.
Keith Hernandez, who is a very smart baseball man said the exact same thing..."smooth effortless mechanics". Its going to be fun watching these young pitchers in 2014 as well. Maybe its just me, but its much more fun when the team you root for wins with home grown players. trophy trophy
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »

denver forecast

Right Now Today Tonight   26°FFEELS LIKE 26°46°HIGH33°LOWCloudy
OQ1212 2 Locations nearby are reporting snow. Snow to RainSnow Showers EarlyPast 24-hr Precip:
0.70 in (est.)

looks like the mets players will be going to the bon jovi concert in denver tonight

on a good note nimmo off to great start

Brandon Nimmo went 3-for-5 with a homer and five RBIs. The 2011 first-round pick lifted his South Atlantic League average to .429.

Congratulations on Finding Nimmo.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »

Keith Hernandez, who is a very smart baseball man said the exact same thing..."smooth effortless mechanics". Its going to be fun watching these young pitchers in 2014 as well. Maybe its just me, but its much more fun when the team you root for wins with home grown players. trophy trophy
I had more fun watching the first half of last year than I've had watching any Mets team since 2007.  They busted ass and were entertaining even if they weren't good.  This team is starting to go that way too.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »

I had more fun watching the first half of last year than I've had watching any Mets team since 2007.  They busted ass and were entertaining even if they weren't good.  This team is starting to go that way too.

It may be de ja vu (aka, 2012) all over again.  Did you look at the entire 2013 schedule?  The Mets have a plethora of sub-500 teams to play before the All-Star break.  Back-to-back series against the tougher teams doesn't kick in until August.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »

It may be de ja vu (aka, 2012) all over again.  Did you look at the entire 2013 schedule?  The Mets have a plethora of sub-500 teams to play before the All-Star break.  Back-to-back series against the tougher teams doesn't kick in until August.
it's ok, it's not about this year anyway.  It's about the future.  It's ok to get a taste of winning.  The late season struggle will just make them hungrier next year when they have a little more talent.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »

it's ok, it's not about this year anyway.  It's about the future.  It's ok to get a taste of winning.  The late season struggle will just make them hungrier next year when they have a little more talent.
What is so great about the teams mindset is that they play day to day and game to game. You can see they think they can win each day they play. You never know, good things can happen. If they are doing well by all star break and can add a pitcher...and bullpen depth...
What scares me in baseball is what they call the dog days in August.
I badly want them to win, not so much because I am a fan, but because I think Terry Collins deserves the chance to manage now that things are turning around and looking up. I think he is a super manager trophy
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »

I just read that the owner of the Rockies is out there with the grounds crew shoveling the 8-inches of snow off the field.  They are trying to squeeze in at least one game today before the next round of snow begins.

One site says post time is set for 4:30 EDT, while SNY says they will kick off around 5.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »

I just read that the owner of the Rockies is out there with the grounds crew shoveling the 8-inches of snow off the field.  They are trying to squeeze in at least one game today before the next round of snow begins.

One site says post time is set for 4:30 EDT, while SNY says they will kick off around 5.
the owner is shoveling?  that's awesome!
TheRedMile

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »

if they were in green bay the packer fans would be out in force shoveling the snow !

beer beer
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2013, 06:43:19 AM »

Right hander Collin McHugh pitched around trouble in the 1st and 2nd innings, surrendering just one unearned run in the opening frame on his way to a no-decision. The final line for McHugh: 5.2IP 1R 0ER 3K 3BB 102 pitches 64 strikes, lowering his era to 0.50 in three starts.

enough with laffey    bring MCHUGH

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2013, 07:10:31 AM »

team will not win 78 games

I stand by my original call

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2013, 07:15:46 AM »

I AGREE HARRY BUT THE FUTURE LOOKS MUCIH BETTER THAN THE LAST FEW YRS   GOOD YOUNG PITCHING IN THE MINORS AROUND THE CORNER

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2013, 07:43:38 AM »

I AGREE HARRY BUT THE FUTURE LOOKS MUCIH BETTER THAN THE LAST FEW YRS   GOOD YOUNG PITCHING IN THE MINORS AROUND THE CORNER

the Mets always have "great" players in the minors and publicize them often

doesn't seem to pan out too often in my view

this is not a very good team but can look like it against San Diego, Houston and Miami

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2013, 08:09:47 AM »

the Mets always have "great" players in the minors and publicize them often

doesn't seem to pan out too often in my view

this is not a very good team but can look like it against San Diego, Houston and Miami

Or the Cubs.  laughing guy laughing guy
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2013, 08:11:24 AM »

there pitching prospects are for real   they have not had any prospects until the last couple of yrs for a long time   you will see later this yr when wheeler and montero come up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:17:20 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2013, 08:15:39 AM »

there pitching prospects are for real   they have not had any prospects until the last couple of yrs for a long time   you will see later this yr when harvey and montero come up.
We know you know your Mets and meant Wheeler thumbs up
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »

We know you know your Mets and meant Wheeler thumbs up

doh head shake bang head  thanks

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »

Brandon Nimmo continues to flatten baseballs. He had another three hits in Tuesday night’s game, and has brought his average up to a ridiculous .447. Many people were watching to see how Nimmo would respond in 2013, and he seems to be silencing the critics. There was going to be an adjustment period for Nimmo at the professional level. High school players might see one good pitcher a week at that level, then they come to professional baseball and are facing pitchers everyday that may have been better than any pitcher they ever faced in high school. It’s safe to say Nimmo has made the necessary adjustment to professional baseball, and continues making the doubters look foolish.
It’s time to promote Kevin Plawecki. Low-A pitching is just not challenging enough for him. He’s a polished college hitter and should have started the season at St. Lucie. Everyday he goes and smacks another double or home run, I scratch my head and wonder why he is playing for Savannah.
Another solid outing for Collin McHugh last night. The righty now has started three games and has a ridiculous 0.50 ERA. He also has fifteen strikeouts in fifteen innings this year to only four walks. What are the Mets waiting for to give this guy a shot at the back end of the rotation?

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »

Harry, love ya to death, as you're a top notch guy, but I also stand by my statement, it's not about this year.  The minor league system was bare, and then all the sudden they seem stockpiled at pitcher.  Reese Havens is a bust.  2014-15 should be fun again
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »

Familia joins the team tomorrow.  Don't know who he's replacing.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »

Familia joins the team tomorrow.  Don't know who he's replacing.
Familia was decent in Binghamton last year even though he had limited chances.
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »

Harry, love ya to death, as you're a top notch guy, but I also stand by my statement, it's not about this year.  The minor league system was bare, and then all the sudden they seem stockpiled at pitcher.  Reese Havens is a bust.  2014-15 should be fun again

Alex,

Love you too but I don't know about the future. I used to be a season ticket holder, 8 feet past 1st base, 3rd and 4th row off the field, great seats, big price increases every year until the new stadium, finally quit, wasn't going to pay big bucks for the whole season.   

I just don't believe they are very good this year and let's see if they can have these prospects advance.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: