Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 06:09:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 22560 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: September 19, 2013, 04:32:37 AM »

how about vic black  as i said before he is a great pickup  by alderson  could be set up guy for parnell next yr

Mostly Mets Podcast2012 Top 41AnalysisContactLink: B-Mets release 2014 schedule MiLB.com
BA: Rafael Montero and Wilmer Flores Pitcher and Player of the Year
 September 18th, 2013  10:00 am
Writing at Baseball America, Mike Kerwick names Rafael Montero the Mets’ Best Pitcher and Wilmer Flores’ the Mets’ organization’s Best Player.

In selecting Montero, Kerwick noted that his alternative was Noah Syndergaard:

Montero edges out Noah Syndergaard, a 21-year-old righty who has drawn raves since arriving in a trade with the Blue Jays….Montero had the better season, but scouts regard Syndergaard as having the higher upside.

Montero certainly pitched more than Syndergaard, by almost 40 innings. Syndergaard struck out more batters on a rate basis, with an almost identical walk rate. Montero’s ERA and opponents’ batting lines were both slightly (very slightly) better.

Montero                        Syndergaard
IP                         155.1                                117.2
ERA                     2.78                                   3.06
K                          150                                    133
K%                       24%                                    28%
BB%                    5.6%                                   5.9%
OPP                  .232/.275/.323                   .243/.289/.376

On the position side, in his age 22 season, Cesar Puello hit .326/.403/.547 with 21 doubles and 16 homers in 91 games in Binghamton before he was suspended as part of the Biogenesis mess. In AAA, playing mostly as a 21-year-old, while turning 22 in August, Wilmer Flores hit .321/.357/.531 with 36 doubles and 15 homeruns in 107 games. Politically, in awards season, I suspect the Mets and BA would both like to avoid a player connected to Biogenesis. Even so, Puello had the better on-base percentage and better slugging percentage (and yes, he was playing at a lower level, in a more difficult environment for hitters).

So, who you got for Mets organization Pitcher and Player of the Year?

Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: September 29, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »

Now that the season is over its time to enjoy the playoffs and WS.
Looking ahead for the Mets, I was told today was an important day in that it would be a "good thing" if the Mets lost because if the fall into the bottom 10? or 11? they dont have to surrender their #1 draft pick if they sign any type A free agents. I could not find any info on this anywhere, so I figured I would ask the Met team on BTW trophy
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #977 on: September 29, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »

1 game ahead of the sorry ass no account Phillies.

The Phillies with the 3rd highest pay roll in baseball and the worst run differential in the NL.

Jimmy Rollins in 2013 may be the worst every day major league hitter.

If Amaro is not fired as the GM of this mess I will not get the baseball package next year or support the Phillies.

Cant believe I lost that bet this year considering the Mets are building for the future.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: September 29, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »

The Phillies with the 3rd highest pay roll in baseball and the worst run differential in the NL.

If Amaro is not fired as the GM of this mess I will not get the baseball package next year or support the Phillies.

Cant believe I lost that bet this year considering the Mets are building for the future.
They unfortunately are going through what Mets had to go through, and thats many bad big money contracts. They paid big money to those guys, Rollins, Howard, Holliday, Hamels, Lee, etc because of the success they brought. Now they have to live with it and rebuild like Mets did. Mets are forced to spend this year because attendance is declining and they must make a few impact signings.
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: September 29, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »

They unfortunately are going through what Mets had to go through, and thats many bad big money contracts. They paid big money to those guys, Rollins, Howard, Holliday, Hamels, Lee, etc because of the success they brought. Now they have to live with it and rebuild like Mets did. Mets are forced to spend this year because attendance is declining and they must make a few impact signings.

I'll believe it when I see it but there are no guarantees that free agents want to play for this team

players do want a chance to win a title and they appear to be a ways away in my view
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #980 on: September 29, 2013, 11:48:25 PM »

I'll trade my last 8 years for yours, remember,  you got to the promised land SQUASHING the Mets along the way.  Baseball is finally getting more like football in that you have to suffer a little to win.  This is your suffering.  Be thankful for your past.  Just like the Yankees proved this year, every year can't be a winner.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: September 30, 2013, 12:58:13 AM »

Now that the season is over its time to enjoy the playoffs and WS.
Looking ahead for the Mets, I was told today was an important day in that it would be a "good thing" if the Mets lost because if the fall into the bottom 10? or 11? they dont have to surrender their #1 draft pick if they sign any type A free agents. I could not find any info on this anywhere, so I figured I would ask the Met team on BTW trophy

they made the top 10 so they won't have to surrender a pick  the big question is will they sign a big free agent   this years crop of free agents is thin

Without further ado, here's the order.

1. Astros
2. Marlins
3. White Sox
4. Cubs
5. Twins
6. Mariners
7. Phillies
8. Rockies
9. Blue Jays
10. Mets
11. Blue Jays (for failing to sign 2013 No. 10 pick Phil Bickford)
12. Brewers
13. Padres
14. Giants
15. Angels

Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: September 30, 2013, 07:15:13 AM »

they made the top 10 so they won't have to surrender a pick  the big question is will they sign a big free agent   this years crop of free agents is thin

1. Astros
2. Marlins
3. White Sox
4. Cubs
5. Twins
6. Mariners
7. Phillies
8. Rockies
9. Blue Jays
10. Mets
12. Brewers
13. Padres
14. Giants
15. Angels

Sometimes it's good to be bad.

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: September 30, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »

they made the top 10 so they won't have to surrender a pick  the big question is will they sign a big free agent   this years crop of free agents is thin

1. Astros
2. Marlins
3. White Sox
4. Cubs
5. Twins
6. Mariners
7. Phillies
8. Rockies
9. Blue Jays
10. Mets
12. Brewers
13. Padres
14. Giants
15. Angels

Great post Sam. Thanks for the update. This is great news.
To answer am earlier poster, the Mets will sign free agents, and free agents will come. It's all about the money with 99% of these guys. Only thing I would say, is the Mets will have to outbid other teams for certain guys. To show you how these guys are all about money, years ago Mets outbid Astros for Beltran. $121mm to $120mm, and he left his team. Even though that went in a Mets fan favor, I never felt the same about Beltran. He pulled a Lebron.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:32 AM »

mets looking to trade ike davis

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/11/mets-prefer-to-trade-ike-davis-rather-than-lucas-duda.html

Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: November 12, 2013, 07:57:39 AM »

He has to go, if not he is the punching bag for 2014
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: November 12, 2013, 09:16:28 AM »

Great post Sam. Thanks for the update. This is great news.
To answer am earlier poster, the Mets will sign free agents, and free agents will come. It's all about the money with 99% of these guys. Only thing I would say, is the Mets will have to outbid other teams for certain guys. To show you how these guys are all about money, years ago Mets outbid Astros for Beltran. $121mm to $120mm, and he left his team. Even though that went in a Mets fan favor, I never felt the same about Beltran. He pulled a Lebron.

Pulled a Lebron?HuhHuhHuh? Beltran was in his 7th season with the Royals when he was traded to the Astros for their playoff run......he only played 90 games for the Astros which is just more than a half of a season so its not like he was there forever.......the Astros were so old there was no way Beltran would stay with a team with tons of guys retiring soon, Bagwell retired the next year, Jeff Kent moved on to the Dodgers, Craig Biggio retired a couple years later.........far from a Lebron when he wasnt even in Houston a year before leaving
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: November 12, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »

Pulled a Lebron?HuhHuhHuh? Beltran was in his 7th season with the Royals when he was traded to the Astros for their playoff run......he only played 90 games for the Astros which is just more than a half of a season so its not like he was there forever.......the Astros were so old there was no way Beltran would stay with a team with tons of guys retiring soon, Bagwell retired the next year, Jeff Kent moved on to the Dodgers, Craig Biggio retired a couple years later.........far from a Lebron when he wasnt even in Houston a year before leaving
I meant from the standpoint of fan support he received from Houston to stay, similar to Dwight Howard. These guys are all alike, all about the money.
As much as I am a Knick fan, if Carmelo leaves, let him go.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: November 12, 2013, 10:50:39 AM »

He has to go, if not he is the punching bag for 2014
I agree. The first 0 for 4 he has the fans will be relentless.
I do think however, he will play great in a small market
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #989 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

I agree. The first 0 for 4 he has the fans will be relentless.
I do think however, he will play great in a small market
starting first baseman for the Pirates?
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: November 13, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »

i am predicting break out year for lagares  unfortunately mets fans the budget conscious mets will not be signing big time free agents this year  look for minor moves and another disappointing year  i said all along that 2015 will be the year they contend

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/11/lagares-is-tearing-up-the-dwl-and-batting-400.html

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #991 on: November 13, 2013, 08:51:50 AM »

i am predicting break out year for lagares  unfortunately mets fans the budget conscious mets will not be signing big time free agents this year  look for minor moves and another disappointing year  i said all along that 2015 will be the year they contend

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/11/lagares-is-tearing-up-the-dwl-and-batting-400.html
I was on this guy 2 years ago to all the Met fans at work.. if I had known I would have turned you on to him too!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: November 13, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

Given their location, adjacent to what may well be the most populous Korean community this side of Seoul, they should try to sign Shin Soo Choo, though I know the Yankees are in that market, too.

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: November 13, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »

Given their location, adjacent to what may well be the most populous Korean community this side of Seoul, they should try to sign Shin Soo Choo, though I know the Yankees are in that market, too.

too rich for the mets  they have already stated they will not be signing any 100 million players

Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: November 13, 2013, 01:19:22 PM »

Great confidence builder, however as we all know it is not the best pitching
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #995 on: November 13, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »

Great confidence builder, however as we all know it is not the best pitching
Now Yonks, I KNOW you got to see Juan Legs in his short stint in Binghamton.. the kid has a sweet stroke and with that glove will be around bat or not but I have a ton of hope for that bat.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: November 13, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »

Simple solution:  pay Choo in won.

Meanwhile, I think the Mets rool.  Went to one game this year, saw a pitcher who would become Rookie Of The Year.

Of course, he was not on the Mets.  Undecided
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: November 13, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »

Now Yonks, I KNOW you got to see Juan Legs in his short stint in Binghamton.. the kid has a sweet stroke and with that glove will be around bat or not but I have a ton of hope for that bat.

legares has got to do better than a 287 on base % but i see better things

i would not pay choo 100 million bucks and harvey could have won cy young if did not get hurt at time was best pitcher in baseball   at   CITI PARK

and the guy your trying to remember is fernandez from marlins

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2013, 05:37:47 PM »

Ca va sans dire.   Sad
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »

legares has got to do better than a 287 on base % but i see better things

i would not pay choo 100 million bucks and harvey could have won cy young if did not get hurt at time was best pitcher in baseball   at   CITI PARK

and the guy your trying to remember is fernandez from marlins
he will.. he's too good.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: