Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 03:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 22502 times)
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #950 on: September 02, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »

When its inevitable that my teams season is over, I just want to see a plan moving forward, and I see that. With $65-$70mm to spend and only $33mm in the books things look promising. This is the time for them to evaluate players at the big league level. There must be pitchers somewhere they can bring up? Unless they care more about how their farm affiliates do in the playoffs?
maybe they got the hint about caring about minor league wins when they were stuck in Vegas because they were the last city remaining
Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: September 02, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

exactor  the are putting alot of effort into their teams doing well in the playoffs moving players around and bring some up from level below who are doing well

i agree alderson has a big task ahead  who plays first base do you offer arbitration to murphy and davis  is yong a starting outfielder  do we put lagaras in cf for good is d'nard good enough to be starting catcher  who's backing him up   what will be the starting rotation ?  will montero be in the rotation at start of season will harvey be back whose going to be in the bullpen is parnell your closer who's playing shortstop. will wright be healthy. what free agents do we sign and how much do we spend  whoa did i forget something!! i have my opinion on what should be done and some have logical answers but this is a huge offseason for mets

may the horse be with you
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: September 02, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »

exactor  the are putting alot of effort into their teams doing well in the playoffs moving players around and bring some up from level below who are doing well

i agree alderson has a big task ahead  who plays first base do you offer arbitration to murphy and davis  is yong a starting outfielder  do we put lagaras in cf for good is d'nard good enough to be starting catcher  who's backing him up   what will be the starting rotation ?  will montero be in the rotation at start of season will harvey be back whose going to be in the bullpen is parnell your closer who's playing shortstop. will wright be healthy. what free agents do we sign and how much do we spend  whoa did i forget something!! i have my opinion on what should be done and some have logical answers but this is a huge offseason for mets
What is a positive is that the division does not seem overly strong. Braves are the best, however, none of the other 3 teams impress me, especially the Phillies who are on the decline.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:12 AM »

murph is a keeper  they jerked this guy around putting him in outfield with no experience then to learn second base which he did and is now a fair to good second baseman  he can hit i see him hitting 300 next yr  he is in the top 10 in hits has stole 18 basas this yr and could have over 90 runs scored and 75 rbi's in spite of the mets anemic lin-up

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/09/what-does-the-future-hold-for-davis-duda-and-murphy.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:17:16 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: September 03, 2013, 06:20:18 AM »

mets sign harang and he pitches for the 51's yesterday  dice k gets another start , are you kidding me  alderson you look like a jerk   WHY!!!  so dice k will get bombed again and harang will replace him  it is like trading a headache for a upset stomach

Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: September 03, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »

Binghamton Mets start their playoff run tonight
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: September 03, 2013, 07:27:11 AM »

Binghamton Mets start their playoff run tonight
thumbs up thumbs up go B-Mets
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: September 03, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »

yonkers are you going?

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: September 03, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »

One of the greatest Met fans, who started this thread=Son of Jor-el. He has not weighed in on the current state of the Mets. Future looking bright, but, yes, Harvey injury a major set back.
Maybe Jor-el is with Wink scouting Islander Jr players in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan  dunno dunno
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #959 on: September 03, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »

One of the greatest Met fans, who started this thread=Son of Jor-el. He has not weighed in on the current state of the Mets. Future looking bright, but, yes, Harvey injury a major set back.
Maybe Jor-el is with Wink scouting Islander Jr players in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan  dunno dunno
the Islanders have a better IMMEDIATE future....
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: September 03, 2013, 12:16:39 PM »

the Islanders have a better IMMEDIATE future....

maybe the islanders have to come out of recent history  no lock to make the playoffs by reason for hope

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: September 03, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »

alderson was on with the pope on wfan  the decision on harvey on surgery will be made  by theplayer, harvey   he sounded like ike is not going to be here next yr. looks like rubin t will get a shot in sept to set himself up to be starting shortstop next yr and we won't be trading for a shortstop.  he says even without harvey the mets could be a contender. i go on my prediction i stated in march two yrs. next yr maybe 500 . things will have to go really right to contend next yr

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: September 03, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »

congrads to murph on nl player of the week beer beer

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: September 03, 2013, 05:54:21 PM »

if you want to watch the bmets playoff gaames and vegas 51's playoff games go to this site  9.99 for the month

http://www.milb.com/milb/multimedia/milbtv.jsp

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: September 04, 2013, 05:44:59 AM »

going to be a dull sept for mets  besides murphy and satin no one is hitting  d'arnd is batting 151. with 11 k's in short period , overmatched?  wheeler will be put down after 3 more starts at 6 inning  no young kids brought up to see them   why?
black will be the only young guy to watch  1 batter and k last night   blazing fastball

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: September 04, 2013, 06:26:25 AM »

great article on murph   i hope to god he is here next yr

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/durable-murphy-drives-mets-run-loss-braves-article-1.1445091

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: September 04, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »

vic black was great move by alderson

With Tap, Mets Reliever Gets on TrackBy RAY GLIER
Published: September 3, 2013
Facebook

ATLANTA — Vic Black’s career as a pitcher was unsettled in 2011. His fastball fell to 88 miles per hour from 97. As a 23-year-old right-handed reliever pitching in an age of power arms, throwing a pedestrian 88 m.p.h. was not going to get him out of Class A ball. It was more likely to run him out of baseball.

Enlarge This Image
 Gene J. Puskar/Associated Press
The Mets acquired Vic Black from the Pirates on Aug. 27 as part of a trade for Marlon Byrd.
Related
Criticism by Alderson and Collins Is the Latest Setback for Tejada (September 4, 2013)

Keep up with the latest news on The Times's baseball blog.

Go to the Bats Blog
.Major League Baseball
Live Scoreboard
Standings | Wild Card
Stats | Injuries
Yankees
Schedule/Results
Roster | Stats
Mets
Schedule/Results
Roster | Stats
Enlarge This Image
 John Bazemore/Associated Press
The Mets’ Carlos Torres gave up a two-run homer to the Braves’ Andrelton Simmons in the seventh inning. The Mets lost, 3-1.
But one afternoon in Jupiter, Fla., while playing for the Pittsburgh Pirates’ Class A team, Bradenton, Black was throwing what he called a “mindless bullpen session,” trying to find a career switch to flip. He patted his glove with the ball in his right hand in mid-windup during warm-ups, like always, and threw a pitch while the pitching coach Mike Steele was looking on.

“Do that,” Black said Steele told him.

“You mean pat my glove,” Black said.

“Yes,” Steele said.

“It’s not illegal?” Black said.

“No, we don’t care what you do, try it,” Steele said.

It was an audacious move because Black had always used a normal windup without patting his glove in mid-windup. So he toed the rubber and patted his glove in mid-windup for Steele. The ball flew out of his hand.

Black, who is now throwing in the 90s again, stood there stunned. He threw another pitch, then another and then another. The catcher, Ramon Cabrera, who is now in the Tigers’ organization, looked like a hockey goalie diving around, trying to prevent wild pitches.

Black stayed in the bullpen for a week to work on his control, and then in his first outing he pitched an inning and struck out two and got a groundout.

“I hadn’t had two strikeouts in an inning in a long time,” said Black, whom the Mets acquired from the Pirates on Aug. 27 as part of a trade for Marlon Byrd. “It was just 100 times better. Your body responds to it, your mind responds to it, you feel free again.”

The 6-foot-4 Black, from Amarillo, Tex., was originally drafted by the Mets in the 41st round of the 2006 draft. He decided to go to Dallas Baptist University and was a supplemental draft pick of the Pirates (49th over all) in 2009.

Black, 25, battled shoulder problems in the minors for 18 months. He routinely touched 95 m.p.h. in college and then the upper 90s early in his minor league career before encountering shoulder issues.

“After being hurt for a year and half, you get down and you’re trying to find something that works,” Black said. “That day in the bullpen was a breakthrough for me.”

The little pat of the glove was his routine to get his arm loose in college. Black never thought it would unlock a door for him.

“I had always kept my hands kept together, this is how pitchers are supposed to throw,” he said. “I would warm up with the little pat, but never do it in the real game.”

Command issues have plagued Black, specifically as he tucks his glove to the side as he finishes his delivery. If the glove hand flies off to the left, he loses control. It is a timing issue that Black has to manage pitch to pitch. Mets Manager Terry Collins said the club is not going to tinker with Black’s mechanics unless he starts to fail.

Black made his debut for the Mets on Monday against the Braves in the sixth inning and stranded three base runners by getting Andrelton Simmons to fly out. He hit 97 m.p.h. twice in the inning.

Black’s goal is to be a big league closer. He understands the Mets are committed to Bobby Parnell when he is healthy.

“Personality and approach-wise, it just fits me to be a closer,” Black said. “It’s the path I want to keep going down. This is my new family, I want to do well with them, doing whatever they need. I’ll throw whenever they need me to throw.”

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: September 05, 2013, 03:38:38 AM »

why are this talk about trading murphy and parnell   DON'T

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/09/fair-or-foul-not-so-fast-on-trading-bobby-parnell.html

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: September 05, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »

LAS VEGAS AND B METS LOSE TOUGH ONES BY ONE RUN  SYDERGAARD PITCHED WELL GIVING UP 3 RUNS HE WAS HITTING 98-100 REGULARLY ON RADAR GUN.  SAVANNAH  WINS FIRST GAME IN THEIR PLAYOFFS

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: September 11, 2013, 03:43:20 AM »

well we are playing out the string of games that do not matter  it is all about the off season  .. harvey  to make his decision in a week.    they should shut down wheeler now , he looks tired.  parnell had his surgery....tejada to start at short for rest of season... 51's and bmets out of playoffs... black continues to pitch well.. could he be setup guy for parnell in the future

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: September 12, 2013, 07:53:24 AM »

Mets Rumors: Choo, Ellsbury, Tejada, Harvey
By Steve Adams [September 11 at 12:37pm CST]
Yesterday it was reported that the Mets are likely to target Shin-Soo Choo as a free agent this offseason. Choo projects as one of the top names available and would serve as a long-term upgrade in right field, should the Mets be able to entice him more than the host of other suitors Choo figures to have. Here's more on Choo and other Mets-related issues...

•General manager Sandy Alderson told Jon Heyman of CBS Sports that he "certainly [hasn't] ruled out a big-ticket item" on the free agent market this winter, though he didn't mention Choo by name. One Mets-connected person told Heyman, however, that Choo "fits the bill" in terms of what the team is looking for.
•Also in that piece, Heyman adds that Jacoby Ellsbury isn't likely to be a prime target for the Mets because they're pleased with the emergence of Juan Lagares in center. While Lagares' .264/.301/.385 batting line has hardly set the world on fire, he's been worth three wins above replacement, per Fangraphs, due to his incredible center field defense.
•Finally from Heyman's article, one top Mets executive expressed relief that the team didn't end up signing Michael Bourn last offseason. The Mets, of course, pursued Bourn heavily and lobbied to be able to keep their No. 11 overall pick in signing him, but Cleveland swooped in with a four-year, $48MM offer and landed the speedster.
•Ruben Tejada's play for the remainder of the season rest is important, because it might mean one less position that needs to be filled this winter, writes Matthew Cerrone of MetsBlog. Yesterday, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com wrote that the Mets are likely to explore external options this winter and they may even shop Tejada.
•Matt Harvey told reporters, including Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, that he's optimistic about his chances to avoid Tommy John surgery. Harvey is slated to receive a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews next week, after which Andrews will confer with Dr. David Altchek on the best course of action for the Mets ace.
Zach Links contributed to this post

Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: September 12, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »

Grab Choo choo and let the young guys play, lagares, d nard, Id rather see them blow up than some 100 million dollar bust
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #972 on: September 12, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Grab Choo choo and let the young guys play, lagares, d nard, Id rather see them blow up than some 100 million dollar bust
Juan Lags won't implode.  I have complete confidence in that kid but you guys already knew that.  I like him tons better than @upperdekker.  Great twitter handle even if I'm not sold on his bat.
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: September 13, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »

Wait ‘Til Next Year: New York Mets
New York Mets, Wait 'Til Next Year
By Cliff Corcoran
Matt Harvey, Mets

Matt Harvey was the Mets’ biggest reason for optimism in 2013 and he’s their biggest reason for concern in 2014. (AP)

While so much of our day-to-day attention in this space is devoted to the teams still battling for playoff spots, we feel as though it’s only fitting to acknowledge the teams that have been mathematically eliminated from contention, giving them a brief sendoff that should suffice until Hot Stove season. Thus, the Wait ‘Til Next Year series.

Current record: 64-81 (.441, 4th place in NL East)

Mathematically eliminated: Sept. 11

What went right in 2103: Matt Harvey, in his first full major league season, emerged as one of the best pitchers in baseball and one of the game’s brightest young stars. David Wright was again one of the most valuable players in the National League. Non-roster invitee Marlon Byrd earned a job out of camp, hit .285/.330/.518 with 21 home runs and 71 RBIs for New York and was flipped to Pittsburgh in August for a pair of legitimate prospects in second baseman Dilson Herrera and reliever Vic Black. Pitching prospect Zack Wheeler quickly established himself in the rotation after making his major league debut in mid-June. R.A. Dickey, last year’s NL Cy Young winner, fell below league average in Toronto, validating the decision to trade the 38-year-old for prospects over the winter. The All-Star game and surrounding festivities at Citi Field were a success. The Mets outscored their opponents in April, July and August, posting a combined 29-27 record in the latter two months.

What went wrong in 2013: Harvey was diagnosed with partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow in August and might need Tommy John surgery. Wright suffered a hamstring strain in early August and remains on the disabled list. First baseman Ike Davis hit .161/.242/.258 through June 9 before being sent to Triple-A for a month. Shortstop Ruben Tejada hit .209/.267/.262 through May 29 before being demoted to Triple-A, where he remained through the end of the minor league season. After a productive April, leftfielder Lucas Duda hit .226/.317/.382 and missed a month and a half with an intercostal strain. Last year’s pinch-hit hero Jordany Valdespin hit just .118/.250/.316 before being suspended for the final 50 games of the season for his involvement with Biogenesis. Travis d’Arnaud, the team’s catcher of the future acquired in the Dickey trade, broke his foot with a foul ball in April, delaying his major league debut until mid-August and has hit just .152/.230/.227 in 74 plate appearances since. Free agent starter Shaun Marcum went 1-10 with a 5.29 ERA before being released in July. Pitching prospects Jenrry Mejia and Jeurys Familia both had their seasons end early due to elbow surgery.

Overall outlook: We’ll know a great deal more after Harvey meets with Dr. James Andrews on Monday, but most likely the team’s future will be put on hold while Harvey has surgery. That will give Noah Syndergaard, who was acquired in the Dickey trade with d’Arnaud and topped out at Double-A this year, time to join Wheeler in the rotation and d’Arnaud time to establish himself behind the plate. It will also keep the front office focus on 2014 and beyond. That means the franchise should be able to avoid any short-sighted moves and continue to add to its ongoing youth movement, which is lacking in hitting prospects, something the acquisition of Herrera and the drafting of high school first baseman Dominic Smith with the 11th overall pick attempted to address. Exactly how successful that youth movement will be remains to be seen, and, like everything else with the Mets for the foreseeable future, will hinge on the health of Matt Harvey’s right elbow.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: September 14, 2013, 05:11:56 AM »

savannah wins the sal championship   congrads

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/09/congrats-to-the-gnats-savannah-sand-gnats-are-2013-sal-champions.html

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: