Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 08:02:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 20849 times)
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #875 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »

I would love to see him called up in sept but with bmets in playoffs he is going nowhere
and he shouldn't be called up.. give me a half season of 90% converted saves in Vegas and I'll be sold
Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: August 22, 2013, 12:57:16 PM »

why not that is what sept is about Montero should have gone from the bmets to the big club  what has las vegas proved there?

may the horse be with you
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: August 22, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »

mets to sign Matsuzaka is this the dumbest move ever   what is the point the guy will not be with the club next yr  give another kid a chance  I know Montero degrom and syndergaard are on innings watch but why not give some other kid a chance    DUMB!!!

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #878 on: August 22, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »

mets to sign Matsuzaka is this the dumbest move ever   what is the point the guy will not be with the club next yr  give another kid a chance  I know Montero degrom and syndergaard are on innings watch but why not give some other kid a chance    DUMB!!!
a former but respected member here sent me this news today in email..my response to him...

WHY?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: August 22, 2013, 05:24:16 PM »

Ironically I am staying in Vestal, not far from BMets. I didn't even want to see if they were home because I knew I couldn't go. Is this news for real? I agree, give kids a chance, but possibly all of them are reaching their limit??
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: August 22, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

Ironically I am staying in Vestal, not far from BMets. I didn't even want to see if they were home because I knew I couldn't go. Is this news for real? I agree, give kids a chance, but possibly all of them are reaching their limit??

In Vestal ? Are you dropping your kid off at BU
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: August 22, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »

In Vestal ? Are you dropping your kid off at BU
School plus some work bang head
When I drive that far I hope to at least do something fun BMets, track, anything!
I will get to Batavia in a few week, that will have to do Grin
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:42 AM »

exactor   this should answer your questions on innings limits

Minor League Stuff

Mets Feel MiLB Playoff Baseball Is Good For Their Prospects

Author An article by Matt Musico    Comments 24 Comments   

Rafael-Montero-by-Gordon-DonovanIn yesterday’s Farm Report on ESPN New York, Adam Rubin gave out plenty of quality information about the Mets minor league system (as he always does). What I took notice of was the first item in the “short hops” section of the article. Rubin noted that while Rafael Montero, Jacob deGrom, and Noah Syndergaard are all nearing organizational innings limits, the Mets are allowing them to pitch into the playoffs.

The B-Mets officially clinched a spot in the playoffs, so Syndergaard’s workload has been monitored plenty of late in order to ensure he’s able to finish the season in Binghamton. For Montero and deGrom, the Las Vegas 51s are seeing themselves in playoff contention coming into the home stretch. For the rest of the season, these two right-handed hurlers will be on 90-pitch limits.

Rubin also revealed that if the 51s were eliminated from playoff contention earlier, they probably would have skipped their final start of the regular season.

I agree with the stance the Mets are taking with three of their top and most developed pitching prospects in the system. Each of them are on the breaking point of their innings limit, but they are also juggling the fact that it is good to get some postseason experience. Syndergaard is 11 innings over his final total from 2012, while Montero is 21.2 innings over and deGrom is 29.1 past last season’s workload.

While you want to try and preserve their arms and do the best job possible of preventing major injuries that will stunt their future development, it’s important to get this “big game” experience. With the Mets looking to be consistently competitive starting within the next year or two, they will need to have players willing and ready to rise to the occasion and take the ball with the game on the line. Even though minor league playoff games are a much different environment than a pennant race or playoff games in the major leagues, it’s better to have the experience than not.

New York is fortunate to have their minor league teams knocking down the door of the playoffs to get an opportunity like this, as it wasn’t available in 2012. The Mets will be mostly dependent on their young ballplayers heading into the future, so it would make sense to give them this kind of playing opportunity to prepare for what could possibly come at the next level.

I’ve heard one school of thought say winning doesn’t matter in the minor leagues and it’s all about development, but I don’t believe that. Development of prospects should be the first priority, but learning how to come together as a team, create chemistry, and win are important traits a player can bring with them to the next level, and have a positive impact on their career in the major leagues.

Thoughts From Satish R.

Normally, I’m the first person to jump on the Mets organizational philosophies, but I’m down with this one. Step back for a second and think about just how well all of our minor league teams have played this year — it’s been impressive, huh? The most important thing to note about it is that the 51s are looking like they might be able to slide in and the B-Mets have clinched — so our top two levels of MiLB ball are doing awesome.

I’m with Matt above. I think it’s a good experience for them to go through and they might gain a little mental fortitude from it. Our prospects are certainly good enough to dominate into the playoffs and continue their recent string of success — see: Rafael Montero or Noah Syndergaard — so I’m looking forward to keeping tabs on them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:53:32 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: August 23, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »

nice move 5 runs in 2 innings already ,2 home runs   smart/ alderson

as I said   DUMB!!!!!

SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: August 23, 2013, 10:43:44 PM »

nice move 5 runs in 2 innings already ,2 home runs   smart/ alderson

as I said   DUMB!!!!!
A complete waste sam!!!!! dixhgsdke matsuckjseicka blows!!!!!!!
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #885 on: August 24, 2013, 01:29:35 AM »

A complete waste sam!!!!! dixhgsdke matsuckjseicka blows!!!!!!!
he does suck but looking at it, the BMets are in the playoffs, the 51s heading there.  Are they trying to leave the young guys in the minors to get playoff experience???
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: August 24, 2013, 04:16:09 AM »

Nice to see all u ladies like your ball players!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #887 on: August 24, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »

Friends, that's not spaghetti sauce she's drinkin'
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: August 24, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »

The Mets are going to increase payroll significantly next year. Harvey-Wheeler-Niese will be a solid 1-2-3. Getting hot and passing the Nationals would be a big thing, and will also help Terry Collins who deserves a chance to stay.
Dice-k is not the answer to help accomplish this thumbs down
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #889 on: August 24, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »

Dice Dice baby-k isn't about winning games this year, its about allowing the great young arms still in the minors to play meaningful games in September.  I WILL be making it to Binghamton to see a Syndegaard playoff start
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: August 24, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »

Dice Dice baby-k isn't about winning games this year, its about allowing the great young arms still in the minors to play meaningful games in September.  I WILL be making it to Binghamton to see a Syndegaard playoff start

should be fun , savannah will be in playoffs also and I believe st lucie is also if Brooklyn gets in that will be a clean sweep of all the mets minor teams

Mets Thoughts

Buck Will Catch Harvey In His All Star Showdown With Scherzer

Author An article by Joe D    Comments 23 Comments   

harvey scherzer asg

It’s not exactly the fight of the century or even the Thrilla In Manilla, but when the Mets’ Matt Harvey and the Tigers’ Max Scherzer oppose each other on Saturday at Citi Field, it will mark the first time in MLB history that both All-Star Game starters have faced off at any point during the same regular season.

According to the Wall Street Journal, All-Star starters have only matched up twice before, both in the World Series: Paul Derringer (Reds) versus Red Ruffing (Yankees) in Game 1 in 1939, and Roger Clemens (Red Sox) versus Dwight Gooden (Mets) in Game 2 in 1986.

Whether by design or just mere coincidence, the Mets’ decision to have Harvey pitch on an extra day of rest made what should be an entertaining pitching showdown all possible.

Unlike Harvey’s last start when Travis d’Arnaud caught him against the Padres, Terry Collins said he plans to have John Buck catch his ace today at 4:05 PM.

“They’ve been together for 25 or 26 starts,” Collins said last night. “They’re pretty comfortable. And Travis will have 15 years to make up that ground.”

It’s amazing how evenly these two match up…

Scherzer is 18-1 with a 2.82 ERA and a league leading 0.89 WHIP this season. In 172.1 innings pitched, he’s allowed just 117 hits, 38 walks while striking out 185 batters.

Harvey is 9-4 with a 2.25 ERA and an identical 0.89 WHIP for the Mets, and in 171.2 innings pitched he’s allowed 122 hits, walked 31 and struck out 187 batters.

This oughta be one heck of a pitcher’s duel, so get your popcorn ready and enjoy the show

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #891 on: August 24, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »

Sam, if you're out in time for a Binghamton play off game let me know... maybe we'll take a ride
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

The Mets are going to increase payroll significantly next year. Harvey-Wheeler-Niese will be a solid 1-2-3. Getting hot and passing the Nationals would be a big thing, and will also help Terry Collins who deserves a chance to stay.
Dice-k is not the answer to help accomplish this thumbs down

Niese as a 3rd starter?Huh??.....yikes......at best a 5th starter on most teams if not a bullpen guy
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #893 on: August 25, 2013, 01:23:26 AM »

Niese as a 3rd starter?Huh??.....yikes......at best a 5th starter on most teams if not a bullpen guy
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Niese certainly isn't an opening day starter but he's a legit 3.  He may wind up a 5 in the very near future with the arms that are coming up.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: August 25, 2013, 08:15:26 AM »

Sam, if you're out in time for a Binghamton play off game let me know... maybe we'll take a ride

sounds good   pm where you live and can meet up

stone162

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: August 25, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Niese certainly isn't an opening day starter but he's a legit 3.  He may wind up a 5 in the very near future with the arms that are coming up.

Sorry but I dont think a guy who allows 1.5 baserunners per inning is a #3 starter.........I think you be hard pressed to find any #3 starter on any team with a winning record that has worse numbers than Niese..........hell even Gee has way better numbers than Niese
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: August 25, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »

Sorry but I dont think a guy who allows 1.5 baserunners per inning is a #3 starter.........I think you be hard pressed to find any #3 starter on any team with a winning record that has worse numbers than Niese..........hell even Gee has way better numbers than Niese
I can't argue with your statistics. thumbs up
I think even if Niese was statistically inferior to others on the staff, having a lefty 3rd in the rotation changes the look for hitters in a series. Much like at was always good to throw a fireballer in 1st 1/2 of DH, and go with a soft tosser in 2nd 1/2. Having 4 righties in a row wouldn't be the way to go since its easier for hitters to make adjustments.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: August 25, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »

I can't argue with your statistics. thumbs up
I think even if Niese was statistically inferior to others on the staff, having a lefty 3rd in the rotation changes the look for hitters in a series. Much like at was always good to throw a fireballer in 1st 1/2 of DH, and go with a soft tosser in 2nd 1/2. Having 4 righties in a row wouldn't be the way to go since its easier for hitters to make adjustments.

Tell that to the Tigers........0 lefty starter except for a guy they brought up from the minors for a handful of starts......they seem to be doing OK with no leftys......actually most of the Tiger pitchers are very similar to each other and I dont see teams teeing off on them because of no lefty........forcing a guy into your rotation because he is a lefty is a thing of the past as you see many of these lefty starters with marginal numbers becoming bullpen help
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »

Harvey is tired as he stated yesterday  he is not the same pitcher I say skip him a start and if he is still tired shut him down for the yr. this guy is too valuable to pitch a few more starts this yr and risk an injury

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #899 on: August 25, 2013, 04:53:32 PM »

Harvey is tired as he stated yesterday  he is not the same pitcher I say skip him a start and if he is still tired shut him down for the yr. this guy is too valuable to pitch a few more starts this yr and risk an injury
Hence the innings limit... I have a buddy on facebook that's been *** about Strasburg's shut down last year for a year now.. Were they wrong?? NO
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: