Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 06:43:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 20848 times)
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: August 19, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »

Legares is the only one of the 4 guys mentioned who has the goods for the future... Has denDekker learned how to hit yet.  Great glove but he hits with a wiffle ball bat.
Legares and denDekker play as solid a CF as you will see. I agree, the latter needs to prove he can hit at the major league level. I am 50-50 on Ellesbury. I read numerous reports they will get Cuddyer (sp?) Supposedly he is a close buddy of David Wright. Ownership loves D.W. so they will make a move like that to make him happy. He is not a difference maker though. They need a difference maker. I can almost see them getting a star out of nowhere that we dont expect. The type of guy that has limited amount of takers because of $$$salary.
I would not rule out the Jays trading Reyes back to them. Stranger things have happened.
Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: August 19, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »

I say sign Choo for a corner OF spot, Ellesbury for CF and leadoff, and have Lagares, Den Dekker, Byrd and Young Jr compete for the other spot.
Spend Money on a SS, and a 1B to Platoon with Davis, so that he has competition.
Flores should get a chance to play.
I would trade NONE of the young pitching prospects--You can NEVER have enough pitching. Injuries happen, and you never know.
Do I have a chance to be GM of the Mets? laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

RIGHT ON YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH PITCHING   HARDEST THING TO FIND IS GOOD ARMS AND THE MOST EXPENSIVE

may the horse be with you
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #852 on: August 19, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »

RIGHT ON YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH PITCHING   HARDEST THING TO FIND IS GOOD ARMS AND THE MOST EXPENSIVE
Wheeler won't last 4 years... He doesn't have Harvey's mechanics
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:46 PM »

I would not trade Wheeler. I would agree with you on something, and thats why would the Giants give up on him? Renting Beltran for 2 months is not a trade you make with a prospect they thought that highly of. Giants have sharp management, they must have saw flaws or not viewed him as high as other teams did.
I notice Giants and Cardinals are 2 teams who rarely make mistakes trading away prospects.
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #854 on: August 19, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »

I would not trade Wheeler. I would agree with you on something, and thats why would the Giants give up on him? Renting Beltran for 2 months is not a trade you make with a prospect they thought that highly of. Giants have sharp management, they must have saw flaws or not viewed him as high as other teams did.
I notice Giants and Cardinals are 2 teams who rarely make mistakes trading away prospects.
the only untouchables are Harvey and Syndegaard.  Behind them are Wheeler, Mejia, Neise, Gee, Hefner if he can come back and Montero.  Right you can never have enough pitching but you have SO MANY ASSETS now, USE THEM to improve the team.  Right now there are 8 starters for 2014, let Wheeler break down somewhere else.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: August 19, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »

the only untouchables are Harvey and Syndegaard.  Behind them are Wheeler, Mejia, Neise, Gee, Hefner if he can come back and Montero.  Right you can never have enough pitching but you have SO MANY ASSETS now, USE THEM to improve the team.  Right now there are 8 starters for 2014, let Wheeler break down somewhere else.
The problem with what you propose is that Neise, Mejia, and now Hefner never stay healthy. Plus these young pitchers are going to be on innings limits for the next 2-3 years. Mets might fool us, and sign a veteran stud pitcher to show the way for the young guys. That wouldnt be that strange I guess.
If Mets could get Stanton even up for Wheeler I might think about it. I think it will take much more. Marlins fans already are disgusted.
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: August 19, 2013, 10:20:02 PM »

Are you a pitching coach? What is so bad with his mechanics?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: August 19, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »

Are you a pitching coach? What is so bad with his mechanics?
THE SON OF JOREL HAS SPOKEN bowing bowing bowing bowing
Never has there been a great man who had the vision to create a NY Mets thread, and receive nearly 13,000 views. SON OF JOREL is poster of the year in my book trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy medal medal medal medal medal medal beer beer beer beer beer dude dude dude dude dude dude
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:33:20 PM by the exactorman » Report to moderator   Logged
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:29 PM »

THE SON OF JOREL HAS SPOKEN bowing bowing bowing bowing
Never has there been a great man who had the vision to create a NY Mets thread, and receive nearly 13,000 views. SON OF JOREL is poster of the year in my book trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy medal medal medal medal medal medal beer beer beer beer beer dude dude dude dude dude dude
Just want 2 know exactaman- maybe their is something wrong with wheelers mechanics- im sure FAA or Sam will fill me in on it!!!!!!!
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: August 20, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »

what to do with  gee ,he will be in starting rotation next yr as Montero and syndergaard have innings limits. hope he continues to pitch well next year then with higher trade value, trade in mid season when other contenders are deSperate and get something good   stay with the young arms DON'T TRADE THEM

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #860 on: August 20, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »

what to do with  gee ,he will be in starting rotation next yr as Montero and syndergaard have innings limits. hope he continues to pitch well next year then with higher trade value, trade in mid season when other contenders are deSperate and get something good   stay with the young arms DON'T TRADE THEM
think about the rotation as it stands, Gee would be the best 5 in the league don't you think?  And about
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: August 20, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »

should be a sept callup we will see if he can really hit in the bigs again

den Dekker Regaining Batting Prowess

By Timothy Gilbert

August 20, 2013 No comments   

Matt-Den-DekkerThe New York Mets 2010 fifth round draft pick Matt den Dekker has had a turbulent year thus far. Before the season even began, the Triple-A center fielder broke his wrist diving for a fly ball during a March spring training game, leaving the Mets prospect, who appeared on the cusp of advancing to the big leagues, out of commission for a large portion of the season.

After being sidelined for almost three months, den Dekker returned in lackluster form. After spending a short stint at Class A St. Lucie, he made his move back into Triple-A ball. Upon his return to the 51′s he hit into a 1-25 slump. Since breaking out of his struggles, den Dekker has hit .317/.383/.525 since July 8, raising his overall Triple-A batting average to .282, an impressive number after coming back and batting .107 through 28 at-bats.

While it should be noted that the majority of his success has come in the 51′s hitter-friendly home stadium, Dekker has hit .325 at Cashman Field this season as opposed to .236 on the road, he has managed to hit his way to a .321 OBP and .500 slugging percentage in foreign ballparks. Den Dekker further added to his road statistics, going 3-4 last night with two home runs in Salt Lake City.

One further area of improvement is den Dekker’s increased ability to avoid striking out. Ever since being drafted, den Dekker’s strikeout rate was an area of concern among league scouts. He has worked extensively on his pitch recognition and patience at the plate with team coaches, and as such has lowered his strikeout rate from 28.4 percent in Triple-A last year, to 24.4 percent this year.

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #862 on: August 20, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »

It's a good thing Legares will hit in the .290-.300 range because denDekker is swinging a straw out there.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: August 20, 2013, 06:08:59 PM »

It's a good thing Legares will hit in the .290-.300 range because denDekker is swinging a straw out there.

his defense is amazing if he can hit lagares will be big for mets next yr

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #864 on: August 20, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

his defense is amazing if he can hit lagares will be big for mets next yr
he WILL
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »

he WILL
I hope he can, cause hes a vacuum in centerfield!!!!! LETS GO METS!!!!!!!
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: August 21, 2013, 05:42:49 AM »

Montero continues to impress won't be called up in sept as las vegas in playoffs  dekker got 3 more hits last night maybe he is figuring it out he will be a callup

MMN Pitcher of the Week: Rafael Montero

By Vinny B.

August 20, 2013 No comments   

rafael montero 2 gdEver since Rafael Montero signed with the Mets in 2011 as an international free agent out of the Dominican Republic, he has rocketed up the Mets system. In 2011, he dominated rookie ball, going 5-4 with a 2.15 ERA. The following season, he was 11-5 with a 2.36 ERA and 0.94 WHIP for Savannah and St. Lucie. For the Mets in 2013, Montero’s success continued as he owns a 12-6 record with a 2.86 ERA, 134 strikeouts and a 1.08 WHIP in 138 innings pitched between AA and AAA. In his last few starts for Las Vegas, Montero has been fantastic and he had another brilliant outing on Thursday.

Rafael Montero fired seven shutout innings in Las Vegas’ 3-2 over the New Orleans Zephyrs. The Zephyrs didn’t have many opportunities to score against Montero since he held them to only 4 hits and walked none. The win was Montero’s 12th of the season, and this was his third consecutive start where he pitched at least 7 innings and yielded one run or less.

Even though he doesn’t have the immense upside that Zack Wheeler or Noah Syndergaard has, Montero’s poise and excellent control make him an exciting prospect in the Mets system.

Thoughts from Matt M.

This was as great pick from Vinny, and well deserved for Montero. It’s taken him a little while to get adjusted to life in the PCL, but now we’re starting to see the kind of pitcher that dominated hitters in the Eastern League for half the season. I’ve been so impressed in his poise and the control of his pitches at such a young age. Like Vinny said, he doesn’t possess the same velocity on his fastball like Wheeler or Syndergaard, but it’s not always about velocity all the time.

have a 93 or 94 mph fastball and being able to put it anywhere you want in the strike zone is just as hard for an opposing batter to hit than pumping a 98 or 99 mph fastball that goes over the heart of the plate. That’s not saying Wheeler or Syndergaard can’t put their fastball where they want it, but Montero has made this reputation for himself to pound the strike zone start after start. After his rough start with Las Vegas, it’s nice to see him put together the type of outings we’re used to seeing from him.

(photo credit: Gordon Donovan)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:34:45 PM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #867 on: August 21, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »

Why would Montero take a step back to Binghamton at this point?  They haven't missed a beat since his call up thanks to that Syndegaard guy
Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #868 on: August 21, 2013, 11:13:10 AM »

Ike damn near cleared the Pepsi Porch last night!
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: August 21, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »

foiled my mistake meant las vegas doh

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #870 on: August 21, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

foiled my mistake meant las vegas doh
that actually makes my point for me.  The Mets have SO many good young arms you can't keep them all straight
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: August 21, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »

niese was outstanding today  so niese and gee will be in rotation next yr to start the yr with Harvey and wheeler  the 5th spot is open for Montero with sydergaard starting the yr in las vegas

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: August 22, 2013, 06:01:03 AM »

notes: dekker continues hot streak with two more hits     jeff walter got his 36 save for b mets   congrads to b mets for winning the division

Mets News & Notes

ESPN: Mets Are Team Of The Future In New York

Author An article by Clayton Collier    Comments 199 Comments   

the future

Wheeler, d’Arnaud, Flores, Lagares, and Harvey take a group photo on flight to NY

The Mets are finally getting recognition as a team on the rise in 2013. Yesterday, you heard Mike Francesa on WFAN say that the Mets are “emerging from the abyss”; coming a long way from just three months ago from when he bluntly labeled them “unwatchable, embarrassing losers”. Today, David Schoenfield of ESPN.com has labeled Flushing’s Finest as “the team to watch these days” in New York.

Behind Harvey and Wheeler in the rotation there is solid Dillon Gee, Jonathon Niese and promising Jenrry Mejia, who was just shut down after five impressive starts. He’ll have surgery to remove a bone spur from his elbow. Noah Syndergaard and Rafael Montero started the Futures Games and are two top pitching prospects who have reached Double-A. The Mets can dream of a 2015 rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Montero and Mejia.

The Yankees, meanwhile, have players just trying to stay awake in the late innings.

Maybe the Yankees hang in this wild-card race — although at 5.5 games behind the A’s and with the Rays and the Orioles and Indians still a game ahead of them it will take exceptional baseball from the Yankees and bad baseball from at least one of the A’s or Rays for a playoff berth to happen. More likely, the Yankees fall short and they’ll have to figure out how to reload for 2014.

Maybe they can figure out a way. Maybe they make peace with Alex Rodriguez, he gets his suspension reduced and hits 20 home runs in the second half. Maybe Derek Jeter, CC Sabathia and Mark Teixeira all return healthy and perform. Maybe they replace Mariano Rivera without a hitch. Maybe.

Just don’t be surprised if it’s the Mets who start getting the back page covers in the New York tabloids next year. They need a shortstop — how about a trade for Starlin Castro? — and they should go hard after free-agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury. The bullpen needs some work but that can be fixed. But Mets fans can see a foundation building instead of crumbling.

-Dave Schoenfield, ESPN.com
 Team of the future in N.Y.? It’s the Mets

It is an excellent piece by Schoenfield and I highly recommend reading it in its entirety here.

I can’t wait to see what the immediate years ahead hold for the Amazin’s. The future is here and before we know it, the city is going to be dressed in orange and blue once again.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:02:56 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

Foiled Again and Again

« Reply #873 on: August 22, 2013, 08:25:04 AM »

time to see if Walters can close in Vegas.... this was his first year closing and it was NICE
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: August 22, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »

time to see if Walters can close in Vegas.... this was his first year closing and it was NICE

I would love to see him called up in sept but with bmets in playoffs he is going nowhere

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: