Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 02:35:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 20288 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: July 12, 2013, 05:55:44 AM »

•The Mets would need to be "blown away" to trade Parnell, tweets David Lennon of Newsday.  The 28-year-old is under the Mets' control through 2015 as an arbitration eligible player.  Lennon hears the Red Sox are not looking for a closer, so he doubts they would overpay for late-inning help.  The Red Sox have done just that since allowing Jonathan Papelbon to leave as a free agent, in trades for Andrew Bailey and Joel Hanrahan.
Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: July 12, 2013, 06:25:06 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/arms_race_yreExp5ccPoJh54ZMCWd0K

a pleasant surprise  de Grom

MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: July 12, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »

IS HARVEY OUT OF ALL STAR GAME ,,,BECAUSE OF BLISTERS
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: July 12, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »

no that was the mets excuse to have him skip a start

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #779 on: July 12, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »

now the boy DID get that autograph
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: July 13, 2013, 03:22:41 AM »

The only Vegas performance that seems worth mentioning belongs to Jack Leathersich, who walked four Tucson hitters in 1.1 innings of relief work. He also gave up three runs but none of them were earned thanks to defensive errors. In 14 AAA games, Leathersich has a 6.59 era and 13 walks in 13.2 innings.

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »

The only Vegas performance that seems worth mentioning belongs to Jack Leathersich, who walked four Tucson hitters in 1.1 innings of relief work. He also gave up three runs but none of them were earned thanks to defensive errors. In 14 AAA games, Leathersich has a 6.59 era and 13 walks in 13.2 innings.

that's depressing to me.  His confidence has to be shot.  Get him back to Bingo before it's too late.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »

i still like him alex

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #783 on: July 14, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »

i still like him alex
I do too, that's why I want to see them reset the clock before it's too late.  Get him back to Bingo, feed him a diet of spedies and let him mow a few down.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: July 14, 2013, 07:13:46 AM »

how cool is this  mets young arms

Montero And Syndergaard Announced As Opposing Starters For Futures Game
By Satish Ram
July 13, 2013 No comments

As many expected, Major League Baseball announced that Mets prospects Noah Syndergaard and Rafael Montero will start the Futures Game at Citi Field tomorrow,

Syndergaard will start for the U.S. Team, while Montero opposes him for the World Team. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #785 on: July 14, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »

how cool is this  mets young arms

Montero And Syndergaard Announced As Opposing Starters For Futures Game
By Satish Ram
July 13, 2013 No comments

As many expected, Major League Baseball announced that Mets prospects Noah Syndergaard and Rafael Montero will start the Futures Game at Citi Field tomorrow,

Syndergaard will start for the U.S. Team, while Montero opposes him for the World Team. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

is it televised
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: July 15, 2013, 08:44:17 AM »

they were very good although only pitching one inning. how bright is the mets starting pitching. when the dust settles the rotation in two yrs will be awesome. who will be there is the big question. niese,gee, hefner?  but for sure harvey wheeler and Syndergaad will be there. syndergaad is am imposing pitcher standing 6' 6in. the impresive thing is his command with very few walks for how hard he throws . he will be better than wheeler.  and with parnell as the closer the future is bright. now we need to buy a couple of bats in the offseason and don't be foolish trading any of the young arms.

He’s the new phenom, with [Zack] Wheeler in the big leagues now, showing the same type of stuff that again has scouts drooling.

“There’s a lot of buzz about him,” was the way GM Sandy Alderson put it on Sunday. “Every call I get [regarding trades] starts with, ‘What about Syndergaard?’ ”

Alderson all but hangs up at that point. Though he doesn’t say it, he doesn’t argue either when it is suggested that the 20-year old right-hander has become an untouchable.

Indeed, another person in the organization says flatly, “We’re not trading Syndergaard.”

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #787 on: July 15, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »

Sam, I know you like Parnell but great closers are rare.  Parnell is no Mariano.  You've got a guy in the minors that's doing what Parnell is doing.  Don't forget Parnell has no real pressure right now.  The kid in Binghamton is right in the middle of a race and that will test his mental make up.  Closers that DO get good typically stay good for a short period of time.  Remember how good LaTroy Hawkins used to be?  He's now a mop up guy in a bad bullpen FOR our Mets.  Remember Jose Valverde?  He of the 49 for 49 just 2 years ago?  He's in Toledo now.  You can't invest in Parnell IF and only IF you can get fair trade value. 

As far as the rotation goes, Harvey, Wheeler, Gee, Montero, Hefner is strong for NEXT year and that's IF Niese isn't ready yet.  For 2015 you'll have Syndegaard in the mix and possibly DeGrom.  that's 8 starters with 3 untouchables for 5 spots.  You have too many assets in one side of the team and not enough assets offensively.  Someone has to get traded.  Maybe Gee in a deadline deal?
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: July 15, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »

love the discusion and your opinion   this is the first yr parnell has put it together  i keep waiting for him to explode  but the other night 3 strikouts in 3 batters. he is no longer overthrowing but has turned into a pitcher.  name me one young closer you would swap him for
unfortunately gee won't have the value of the young pitchers the mets have . i am hoping that whoever they trade they get great value for. alderson has so many options so should shop for best deal and get one

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #789 on: July 15, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »

love the discusion and your opinion   this is the first yr parnell has put it together  i keep waiting for him to explode  but the other night 3 strikouts in 3 batters. he is no longer overthrowing but has turned into a pitcher.  name me one young closer you would swap him for
unfortunately gee won't have the value of the young pitchers the mets have . i am hoping that whoever they trade they get great value for. alderson has so many options so should shop for best deal and get one
you have a good closer coming up through the system.  Parnell's value is high right now.  I don't trust him to be even what John Franco was let alone someone like Mariano.  We've had some good closers, Orosco, McDowell, McGraw, Franco.. does Parnell give you the idea that he can be anything near what those guys were?
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: July 15, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »

YES

FRANCO WAS A NIGHTMARE  let me tell you a story was tailgaiting at shea and franco blew the game after the game we were tailgaiting and franco came out to his car, me drinking starting yelling franco you suck. he jumped in his car and in 2 minutes was right against my nose saying what did you say. i said you suck i thought he was going to punch me out. it was close but he walked away  i was wrong and young. i don't drink anymore

my friends still remind me of this day laughing guy laughing guy

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #791 on: July 15, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »

YES

FRANCO WAS A NIGHTMARE  let me tell you a story was tailgaiting at shea and franco blew the game after the game we were tailgaiting and franco came out to his car, me drinking starting yelling franco you suck. he jumped in his car and in 2 minutes was right against my nose saying what did you say. i said you suck i thought he was going to punch me out. it was close but he walked away  i was wrong and young. i don't drink anymore

my friends still remind me of this day laughing guy laughing guy
players actually gave 2 shits back then...I loved Franco
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: July 15, 2013, 08:21:27 PM »

For those of you with access to the NY Daily News, interesting story about Anna Benson being part of a murder. Mets made some crazy bad decisions on players in the past, hopefully this next years free agents receive thorough background checks Grin Grin
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #793 on: July 16, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »

For those of you with access to the NY Daily News, interesting story about Anna Benson being part of a murder. Mets made some crazy bad decisions on players in the past, hopefully this next years free agents receive thorough background checks Grin Grin
Kris Benson wasn't bad.  THIS soap opera has been fun to follow though... She's apeshit crazy. 
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: July 17, 2013, 03:26:13 AM »

nice knockers though

Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: July 17, 2013, 03:36:34 AM »

nice knockers though

Got a photo?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: July 17, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »

When the Kris and Anna Benson show was around Shea Stadium, it was clear that Jay Horowitz appeared to have aged 20 years within those few seasons Cheesy  Cheesy
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »

knockers up laughing guy laughing guy

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #798 on: July 17, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »

Got a photo?
just google her, current events make her drama and photos a must read although the mug shot ain't so great
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: July 17, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »

kris had a good time  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: