Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 04:27:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 20949 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »

I totally agree. Mets spent last 3 years building their farm system, there is no way they should dismantle it for Stanton or anyone for that matter. When top guys become free agents, that's when they should make a move because at that point it will cost them a draft pick and not one of their own top prospects. Baseball America and other top sources have Mets young pitching ranked among the tops in the MLB trophy trophy
How many people right NOW will say Buck for Dickey is a trade I would do even up! And the Mets received the games top catching prospect and a pitcher ranked very highly also.
Things are looking up, they must stay the course and spend next year DON'T trade!!!!!!

AMEN   WELL SAID
Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »

matt harvey was brillant again today   8 innings  only 2 hits  looks like an all star when we get harvey and montero up they will have a great rotation   the future looks bright light bulb light bulb light bulb light bulb

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »

matt harvey was brillant again today   8 innings  only 2 hits  looks like an all star when we get harvey and montero up they will have a great rotation   the future looks bright light bulb light bulb light bulb light bulb
For those people who were not lucky enough to see Tom Seaver, Matt Harvey has that type of potential trophy trophy
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »

A dominant Harvey improved to 3-0 and shaved his ERA to 0.82. He has allowed six hits and six walks while striking out 25 in 22 innings this season.

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »

I totally agree. Mets spent last 3 years building their farm system, there is no way they should dismantle it for Stanton or anyone for that matter. When top guys become free agents, that's when they should make a move because at that point it will cost them a draft pick and not one of their own top prospects. Baseball America and other top sources have Mets young pitching ranked among the tops in the MLB trophy trophy
How many people right NOW will say Buck for Dickey is a trade I would do even up! And the Mets received the games top catching prospect and a pitcher ranked very highly also.
Things are looking up, they must stay the course and spend next year DON'T trade!!!!!!
in the last 3 years?  I've been going to minor league games for 3 years between Scranton and Binghamton.  The Mets system was BARE except for the big 2 pitchers.  Dillon Gee has totally overachieved in the majors.  The Toronto trade right now looks a lot like the Herschel Walker trade did way back when that propelled the Cowboys.  Granted the Mets didn't get draft picks, just live prospects that they NEEDED.
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »

I'm going tomorrow to scout the b-mets, full report will be filed
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »

in the last 3 years?  I've been going to minor league games for 3 years between Scranton and Binghamton.  The Mets system was BARE except for the big 2 pitchers.  Dillon Gee has totally overachieved in the majors.  The Toronto trade right now looks a lot like the Herschel Walker trade did way back when that propelled the Cowboys.  Granted the Mets didn't get draft picks, just live prospects that they NEEDED.
I believe (I am not sure) that the Mets had 3-4 prospects in the top 50 and the 2 from the Blue Jays are in the top 20 also. This of course depends on which service you believe in. Nimmo is rated highly also but I dont believe he is in the top rankings. They got burned with Reese Havens. He was touted to be their 2nd baseman for 15 years..guy is injury prone, and probably will not make it.
When they were clearly out of it a few years ago, I thought they made a major mistake not trading Reyes for prospects because they clearly did not want to sign him. I hate when teams do that. bang head bang head
Mets should do what they did with Beltran (if they are out of it). Trade the guy because the prospects you will get will be much better than the draft pick compensation which I believe is a sandwich pick between round 1&2.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 06:17:53 AM »

wheeler pitching today for las vegas  hope better than first two starts and the blister problem is under control

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:49 AM »

some what flying under the radar is the great start by daniel murphy  third in batting at 381 , second in rbi's  11, tied for second in runs  10 first in hits 16 .tied for lead in doubles 5. does not include last night games.  and he is playing very good defense
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:01:14 AM by sam » Report to moderator   Logged

Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »

Harvey-Strasburg on Friday.

I'm not a Met fan, but I might have to take the lad to that one.  I have something in da Bronnix in the morning, but I should get out in time to get back, change, pick him up at school and get to Citi before the first pitch.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 10:02:18 AM »

wink   that is quite a match up a game for the ages thumbs up

Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »

SIGGHHHH... I thought it was an afternoon game, but it's a night game, with rain predicted. Sad

I missed Strasburg by one day in Wilkes-Barre a few years back, never seen him live.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »

I believe (I am not sure) that the Mets had 3-4 prospects in the top 50 and the 2 from the Blue Jays are in the top 20 also. This of course depends on which service you believe in. Nimmo is rated highly also but I dont believe he is in the top rankings. They got burned with Reese Havens. He was touted to be their 2nd baseman for 15 years..guy is injury prone, and probably will not make it.
When they were clearly out of it a few years ago, I thought they made a major mistake not trading Reyes for prospects because they clearly did not want to sign him. I hate when teams do that. bang head bang head
Mets should do what they did with Beltran (if they are out of it). Trade the guy because the prospects you will get will be much better than the draft pick compensation which I believe is a sandwich pick between round 1&2.

Reese Havens is and was horrid,  another one who can't hit AA pitching.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »

Harvey-Strasburg on Friday.

I'm not a Met fan, but I might have to take the lad to that one.  I have something in da Bronnix in the morning, but I should get out in time to get back, change, pick him up at school and get to Citi before the first pitch.

Don't count on Harvey pitching on Friday.  The Mets have four games scheduled at Denver this week, and according to the weather forecast, they may ALL be postponed -- throwing the rotation into a tizzy.

I wonder if MLB will consider playing the games at a neutral site.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2013, 06:22:34 AM »

Forecast for TodayUpdated: Apr 15, 4:45am MDT
Right Now Today Tonight   40°FFEELS LIKE 34°39°HIGH30°LOWCloudy
OQ1228 2 Locations nearby are reporting snow. Rain / SnowSnowPast 24-hr Precip:
0 inChance of precip
60%Chance of snow
100%Past 24 Hours Snow:
0 inSnowfall:
3-5 in

denver forecast    game will be cancelled

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2013, 06:53:36 AM »

• Zack Wheeler’s Sunday line with Triple-A Las Vegas looked relatively ordinary -- 5.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 8 K. A scout at the game, though, said Wheeler was strong after putting an issue with a blister that affected his first two 51s starts behind him.

“Very good. 94-98 with good life on all pitches,” the scout said. “Pitched better than the line indicates. No sign of finger bothering him. Ball was coming out of his hand well. When he gets to the big leagues, the Mets are going to have a nice threesome at the top of their rotation.”

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »

• Zack Wheeler’s Sunday line with Triple-A Las Vegas looked relatively ordinary -- 5.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 8 K. A scout at the game, though, said Wheeler was strong after putting an issue with a blister that affected his first two 51s starts behind him.

“Very good. 94-98 with good life on all pitches,” the scout said. “Pitched better than the line indicates. No sign of finger bothering him. Ball was coming out of his hand well. When he gets to the big leagues, the Mets are going to have a nice threesome at the top of their rotation.”

Las Vegas is not conducive to pitchers.  Baseball management knows to expect home runs and ERAs to be inflated in the heat and altitude.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »

Las Vegas is not conducive to pitchers.  Baseball management knows to expect home runs and ERAs to be inflated in the heat and altitude.
I agree, his lines will not always look great because that has always been a hitters league. I can remember Dodgers always having these guys from the PCL who always had these gaudy stats, including off the chart power numbers.
Rarely did it translate to the major leagues. Wheeler will be fine.
I have read, not sure if its just team mgmt. inflating value of their players, but Montero has looked great. Scouts say he is like a young Pedro.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »

I agree, his lines will not always look great because that has always been a hitters league. I can remember Dodgers always having these guys from the PCL who always had these gaudy stats, including off the chart power numbers.
Rarely did it translate to the major leagues. Wheeler will be fine.
I have read, not sure if its just team mgmt. inflating value of their players, but Montero has looked great. Scouts say he is like a young Pedro.
Montero has been fantastic so far in Binghamton... going to try to figure out when he starts at home next.. might drag the young 'un out for it.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »

http://metsblog.com/metsblog/mets-really-want-giancarlo-stanton-understand-it-would-take-a-lot-to-get-him/ story on Stanton to Mets
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »

Montero has been fantastic so far in Binghamton... going to try to figure out when he starts at home next.. might drag the young 'un out for it.

montero last pitched on sunday

AA: @ Binghamton Mets 6, New Hampshire Fisher Cats (TOR) 3

RHP Rafael Montero: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HR, with 65% of his pitches for strikes (55 of 85). Amazin’ Avenue’s Jeff Paternostro, who watched Montero noted on Twitter that Monter’s “Slider has been sweepy and up in the zone.” I’m looking forward to reading Jeff’s analysis.

AssociatedGamblers

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »

wink   that is quite a match up a game for the ages thumbs up

LOL..." for the ages ?". Harvey has 10 major league starts. and this is one for the ages Huh doh

Sort of like Koufax -Gibson, or Seaver-Carleton or perhaps Marichal-Drysdale

I love Harvey, dont get me wrong and Strasburg has not been at his best but I agree I would still compare it to the aforementioned matchups. Clearly one of the most anticipated baseball games in the history of the sport. What "ages " are you talking about by the way ?
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2013, 02:49:15 PM »

Harvey has all the tools, while not a matchup for the ages, it'll be the first of what we hope to be a long, meaningful rivalry.  We haven't had anything like that in YEARS
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

Collins said he did not plan to disrupt the throwing schedule for Matt Harvey regardless of postponements in Denver. So Harvey continues to line up for Friday's game against the Washington Nationals, who are expected to start Stephen Strasburg in the series opener at Citi Field.

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »

LOL..." for the ages ?". Harvey has 10 major league starts. and this is one for the ages Huh doh

Sort of like Koufax -Gibson, or Seaver-Carleton or perhaps Marichal-Drysdale

I love Harvey, dont get me wrong and Strasburg has not been at his best but I agree I would still compare it to the aforementioned matchups. Clearly one of the most anticipated baseball games in the history of the sport. What "ages " are you talking about by the way ?

what other young pitcher match up would you like to see then?  you got to think ahead like when you bet horses

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: