Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 14, 2014, 11:03:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 20248 times)
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »

in my mind I had a feeling Wheeler would be the lesser of the 2 stud kids.  Notice how the guy that didn't have all the hype is lights out? 

For the RECORD, Wheeler's third start was almost identical to Harvey's third start last year.

Harvey looks like he may be one for the generation, so it is unfair to compare Wheeler to him.  But at the same time, throwing Wheeler under the bus for his last two starts (his first start was outstanding) is just a wee bit premature.  I remain optimistic about Wheeler's future.
Report to moderator   Logged
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #701 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »

Wheeler is going to be good.  You're missing my point.  This team is devoid of offensive talent NOT named Wright.  Down in the minors your loaded with pitching, Syndegard, Montero, Pill, Leathersich for the pen.  It's ok to trade guys to get legit bats back.  You can't take a can of peas for Wheeler, it would have to be a deal worthy, Giancarlo Stanton does come to mind for me. 
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:25 PM »

wheeler is the second one up  till you know exactly what you got don't trade any of them unless blown away. you can get offense in free agency alot easier than pitching

may the horse be with you
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »

I kept my eyes open for all 13 innings last night.  It was another great example of -- never give up.

Is Ike Davis the next Wally Pip?  Josh Satin is hitting just shy of .400.

While the offense is still one of the weakest in the game, there no longer is a feeling that there is no way they can come back from a deficit.  Both Young and Satin have been huge -- while Lagares, Brown and Quintinilla can provide the occasional spark.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: July 02, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »

Wheeler seems a bit overrated to me after watching his first few starts.......he reminds me of Rick Porcello.........I just dont ever see Wheeler being a top tier pitcher as he has many issues to work out and trying to work on them against MLB hitters will only hurt his confidence and ego.....his control is bad, his secondary pitches are not very good and he was tipping pitches
Max R

« Reply #705 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »

Wheeler seems a bit overrated to me after watching his first few starts.......he reminds me of Rick Porcello.........I just dont ever see Wheeler being a top tier pitcher as he has many issues to work out and trying to work on them against MLB hitters will only hurt his confidence and ego.....his control is bad, his secondary pitches are not very good and he was tipping pitches

Dismissing Wheeler after 2 shaky starts is a very logical reason to dismiss him as a possible star. Nolan Ryan had plenty of bumps in the road early , and Sandy Koufax had 5 bad years. He turned out ok the last time I checked. But we'll toss Wheeler into the scrap heap after 2 mediocre starts. Fabulous logic
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: July 02, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »

wheeler is the second one up  till you know exactly what you got don't trade any of them unless blown away. you can get offense in free agency alot easier than pitching

I agree here, you can never have enough pitching and the Mets will have money to spend next year with out trading anyone away.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: July 02, 2013, 12:39:56 PM »

Ike Davis has just three hits in his last 22 at-bats with Triple-A Las Vegas.

MetsBlog   The thought was that Davis could be called up as soon as this Wednesday after the Mets finish up a string of games against left-handed starters, but one wonders whether they'll stick with that plan. It's worth noting that Josh Satin is playing really well right now, so the Mets can afford to be patient if they still have their doubts.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: July 02, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »

MetsBlog   The thought was that Davis could be called up as soon as this Wednesday after the Mets finish up a string of games against left-handed starters, but one wonders whether they'll stick with that plan. It's worth noting that Josh Satin is playing really well right now, so the Mets can afford to be patient if they still have their doubts.
I really like the way Satin is playing. I think the distraction of having Davis around hurts the Mets. Maybe it's better he stays in Vegas a while longer and learns to better hit to the opposite field and not pull everything.
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »

I have my doubts about Ike, leave him there until he has 100 ab and I agree let him hit to all fields

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: July 02, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »

Yup, we all have doubts.  But we also remember how good Ike was doing until that freak accident that knocked him out a couple of years ago -- and then

At the very least there is no way he should come back until Satin cools off.  The booth denizens were talking that Satin has played some outfield.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #711 on: July 02, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »

I kept my eyes open for all 13 innings last night.  It was another great example of -- never give up.

Is Ike Davis the next Wally Pip?  Josh Satin is hitting just shy of .400.

While the offense is still one of the weakest in the game, there no longer is a feeling that there is no way they can come back from a deficit.  Both Young and Satin have been huge -- while Lagares, Brown and Quintinilla can provide the occasional spark.
Lagares will figure it out, hes too good a hitter not to.  Satin is VERY hot right now but could turn out to be this years Kirk Nieuwenhuis.   I do think that Satin has a better shot at sticking long term than KN does however.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: July 02, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »

Dismissing Wheeler after 2 shaky starts is a very logical reason to dismiss him as a possible star. Nolan Ryan had plenty of bumps in the road early , and Sandy Koufax had 5 bad years. He turned out ok the last time I checked. But we'll toss Wheeler into the scrap heap after 2 mediocre starts. Fabulous logic

Comparing Wheeler to those guys is like comparing Ike Davis to Barry Bonds........and please remember the pitcher always has the upper hand if the batter has not seem them before.....teams already hitting him hard 1st time through the lineup and his control sucks but he looks like Nolan Ryan  sarcasm sarcasm laughing guy
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: July 02, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »

stoner  easy harvey had similar results last year in his first three starts he will never be harvey who will, but to be a solid # 2-3 starter he has that chance.i am sure if he stinks the next couple of starts you will be back with more of the same

jks best

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: July 02, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »

Great win last night by THE AMAZIN METS.
Does anyone know how far the Mets are out of 2nd wildcard slot? Son-Of-Jor-el has ordered his playoff already!!!
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

Comparing Wheeler to those guys is like comparing Ike Davis to Barry Bonds........and please remember the pitcher always has the upper hand if the batter has not seem them before.....teams already hitting him hard 1st time through the lineup and his control sucks but he looks like Nolan Ryan  sarcasm sarcasm laughing guy

Thanks for mentioning Ryan, because Wheeler is better than Ryan was after his first three games.  I have no idea what the future holds for Wheeler but anyone who demeans a pitcher after three games has not watched much baseball.
Max R

« Reply #716 on: July 02, 2013, 07:17:59 PM »

Thanks for mentioning Ryan, because Wheeler is better than Ryan was after his first three games.  I have no idea what the future holds for Wheeler but anyone who demeans a pitcher after three games has not watched much baseball.

OBVIOUSLY STONE HASNT

Wheeler has excellent stuff and just needs to to refine it. he will--explosive fastrball

great line by Stone --"he reminds me of Rick Porcello". who is a #5 starter and no better......Wrong on that one Stone. Wheeler has tons better stuff
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: July 02, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »

OBVIOUSLY STONE HASNT

Wheeler has excellent stuff and just needs to to refine it. he will--explosive fastrball

great line by Stone --"he reminds me of Rick Porcello". who is a #5 starter and no better......Wrong on that one Stone. Wheeler has tons better stuff

Rick Porcello was a first round draft pick who went 14-9 his rookie season and has went downhill since......my point was that I dont see Wheeler being able to refine his flaws in the majors and remain confident......Wheeler does have a good fastball but his other pitches are marginal at best right now.....I watched all 3 of starts and did not see any progression what so ever.......I could be wrong on Wheeler but I wasnt on Porcello and these were the exact things they were saying about him.....Usually with pitchers you get what you see and they really dont improve much
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: July 03, 2013, 12:31:58 PM »

The key is to stay up for the end of the game no matter how late it ends.  trophy
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: July 05, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »

davis is back  i think they should have left him down for more time but let's hope he hits

Max R

« Reply #720 on: July 05, 2013, 07:35:38 AM »

Makes no sense leaving Davis in Vegas. Lets find out if he can hit or not. He had the big second half last year, and if he bombs this time, its time to part ways. Las Vegas will do him no good whatsoever. He has the talent. Lets see it and see if he's part of the future or just another Alex Escobar, Lastings Milledge, Shawn Abner, Bill Pulsipher and all the rest that they hyped up and failed miserably
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: July 05, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »

Makes no sense leaving Davis in Vegas. Lets find out if he can hit or not. He had the big second half last year, and if he bombs this time, its time to part ways. Las Vegas will do him no good whatsoever. He has the talent. Lets see it and see if he's part of the future or just another Alex Escobar, Lastings Milledge, Shawn Abner, Bill Pulsipher and all the rest that they hyped up and failed miserably
Your left out Mike Vail laughing guy laughing guy
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: July 05, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »

Mike Vail was a monster -- until he got hurt.  Never came back to what he was.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: July 05, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »

Mike Vail was a monster -- until he got hurt.  Never came back to what he was.
The idiot got hurt playing basketball in the off season, and you are right, his career was over.
Max R

« Reply #724 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »

The idiot got hurt playing basketball in the off season, and you are right, his career was over.

Had the big hitting streak in his first season....24 games ?......and then the off season mess ended his career

Let us also not forget the immortal Paul Wilson, part of that Big 3 that all flopped ----Isringhausen of course wound up a solid reliever but the Mets got nothing out of him.

One think is certain---Harvey is a cant miss. His stuff is too good, and he's too smart on the mound---barring some very freakish thing, he's going to be be a start for a very long time. Wheeler will be fine too, but nowhere near Harvey. Gee has been a real nice surprise
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: