Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 07:06:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 19866 times)
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:24 PM »

I agree that you need fair return.  If the Tigers AREN'T looking at a guy like Parnell they're only giving away the World Series
Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: June 27, 2013, 07:11:33 AM »

wheeler tipping pitches

Collins Received Texts That Wheeler Was Tipping His Pitches
 An article by Satish Ram     No Comments

The Associated Press reported on what Terry Collins had to say before Wednesday’s game to reporters regarding Zack Wheeler tipping his pitches:

New York Mets manager Terry Collins said top prospect Zack Wheeler is tipping his breaking pitches. Collins said in his pregame media session Wednesday the Mets noticed the flaw in Wheeler’s motion during his second big league start a night earlier. Wheeler allowed four runs in 5 1-3 innings against the Chicago White Sox.

“We saw it. We tried to address it during the game a little bit,” Collins said.

The 23-year-old right-hander is scheduled to start again Sunday, and Collins says pitching coach Dan Warthen will work with Wheeler during a bullpen session Thursday.

“Guys look for it all the time. It starts with the glove,” said Collins. “Moving the glove there’s different things to look for and then all of sudden you start to look when he speeds up, when he slows down, what the pitches are. You start to get a read on it.”

“This is going to get out as a scouting report, but he’s been tipping his off-speed stuff more than his fastball,” Collins said. “We’ve got to fix it. We’ll fix it tomorrow.”

Collins said he’s talking publicly about it because the problem was so obvious he received about 10 text messages and emails alerting him to the issue. Collins said Wheeler was also tipping his pitches in his debut, when he tossed six shutout innings.

It seems like every couple weeks or so, a new mechanical issue surfaces with Zack Wheeler. I wouldn’t mind this as much if I trusted Dan Warthen at all. Wheeler’s young and has some kinks to work out in his game — but the ace-like fastball and breaking pitches are as good as advertised. Wheeler noticeably threw more breaking balls in his start against the White Sox than in Atlanta, which worked to his disadvantage in many ways. If Warthen can teach him anything, it’s “location, location, location…” and of course, the age-old adage about not tipping your pitches if you want to have a successful MLB career.

Watching Wheeler a couple nights ago led me to make a comparison to John Maine — remember him? Maine struggled with his pitch count in some games not only because of his inability to locate in tight spots, but he labored through innings with a high rate of foul balls. Similarly to Wheeler, Maine also had a fastball with great life up in the strike zone and an easy pitching motion.

The weirdest thi

may the horse be with you
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: June 27, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »

Kevin Plawecki: 3-for-4, 2 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: June 27, 2013, 07:23:02 AM »

pitching pitching pitching

Rafael Montero and Noah Syndergaard to Represent Mets in 2014 Futures Game
By Matt Musico
June 26, 2013 No comments

Starting pitching prospects Rafael Montero and Noah Syndergaard will both be at Citi Field in the middle of July. They aren’t getting the call to the big leagues just yet, but they will be representing the Mets as their two participants for this year’s Futures Game. The event will be held on Sunday, July 14th at 2pm.

Yesterday, we found out Mookie Wilson will manage the USA team, while Edgardo Alfonzo will head the World team. They will each get a highly-rated Mets hurler for their squads, as Syndergaard will go to the US, and Montero to the World.

Syndergaard has spent most of the season with St. Lucie, but recently got promoted to Double-A, impressing in his first outing for the B-Mets. Overall, Noah is 4-3 with a 3.10 ERA in 13 starts (69.2 innings pitched), and has collected 71 strikeouts and 17 walks.

Montero got roughed up for the first time in Triple-A last night, but still has had a stellar season while splitting time with Binghamton and Las Vegas. He’s a combined 7-4 in 15 starts (86.2 innings pitched), with a 2.91 ERA, 92 strikeouts, and 16 walks.

Like the MLB does with the All-Star game, there is a final vote left up to the fans for the remaining spots on the USA and World teams. Ten players will be vying for two spots (five on each side), and Brandon Nimmo is included in this year’s vote. Make sure to cast a vote for the 2011 first-round pick by visiting this site.

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:45 AM »

I agree that you need fair return.  If the Tigers AREN'T looking at a guy like Parnell they're only giving away the World Series

Right, the dopey Nationals thought it was a great idea to shut down Strausurg last year because they would certainly win many World Series in the years to come starting in 2013.  OOPS!

The Tigers are desperate for a closer.  The Marlins also have a great candidate for them in Sishek.  Who knows who the Tigers would offer for Parnell, but it should definitely be worth consdering.
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: June 27, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »

why are you guys so eager to get rid of parnell  look at the list of closers the mets have had the previous yrs. we finally have someone who is consistent and you want to dump him for an otfielder that hits 2 80. it is much harder to fine a good closer than an outfielder

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »

why are you guys so eager to get rid of parnell  look at the list of closers the mets have had the previous yrs. we finally have someone who is consistent and you want to dump him for an otfielder that hits 2 80. it is much harder to fine a good closer than an outfielder
3 blown saves in 15 chances... also an ERA for June approaching 5... The beginning of the season he was lights out, but he's showing more of his true self now.  He's not a top flight closer.  If you can package him as such DO IT!  Sam, the Tigers fans that I know don't want Parnell.  What's that tell you about how he's viewed.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: June 27, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »

3 blown saves in 15 chances... also an ERA for June approaching 5... The beginning of the season he was lights out, but he's showing more of his true self now.  He's not a top flight closer.  If you can package him as such DO IT!  Sam, the Tigers fans that I know don't want Parnell.  What's that tell you about how he's viewed.
His value is at the highest it has ever been. I am in favor of trading him if it can help in other areas.
I know it's early, but Eric Young Jr. Looks good, and is what team has been missing since Reyes left..and that's a lead off man...
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37:52 PM »

eric young has looked good i am eating crow on that one

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #684 on: June 27, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »

eric young has looked good i am eating crow on that one
You still may turn out to be right.  I ate crow for half a year on Neuinhuis *sp  He's been horrid since last years break even spending time in Vegas
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »

Mets win without David Wright in the lineup....nice
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: June 27, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »

Mets win without David Wright in the lineup....nice
Mets are a juggernaut!!!!!!!!
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: June 29, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »

HARVEY WAS BRILLANT AGAIN LAST NIGHT BUT WAS DONE IN BY METS BULLPEN. LEADS THE LEAGUE IN ERA AND STRIKEOUTS

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: June 30, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »

Mets are a juggernaut!!!!!!!!

yes, they looked real good today
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: June 30, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »

Z. Wheeler era 5.06
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #690 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »

Wheeler got lit up, Parnell lost the other night... all these untouchable guys that have names TRADE THEM.. REMEMBER SCOTT KAZMIR
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: June 30, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »

Wheeler got lit up, Parnell lost the other night... all these untouchable guys that have names TRADE THEM.. REMEMBER SCOTT KAZMIR

agree

can get really good value for Parnell now and the team may not be good for a while

looking at them this year it may be a long while
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #692 on: June 30, 2013, 07:28:03 PM »

agree

can get really good value for Parnell now and the team may not be good for a while

looking at them this year it may be a long while
for Parnell you have a suitor whether they have the goods to give the Mets a good deal is debatable but the Tigers NEED Parnell
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »

for Parnell you have a suitor whether they have the goods to give the Mets a good deal is debatable but the Tigers NEED Parnell

Mets are going nowhere this year

maybe next year too

possibly be the year after

Wheeler didn't look that good today either
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #694 on: June 30, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »

Mets are going nowhere this year

maybe next year too

possibly be the year after

Wheeler didn't look that good today either
in my mind I had a feeling Wheeler would be the lesser of the 2 stud kids.  Notice how the guy that didn't have all the hype is lights out?  Kazmir got all the hype, got dealt and was never as advertised.  Sam told me I was crazy for being willing to send Wheeler to Miami for Stanton... DO IT
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: June 30, 2013, 09:31:06 PM »

in my mind I had a feeling Wheeler would be the lesser of the 2 stud kids.  Notice how the guy that didn't have all the hype is lights out?  Kazmir got all the hype, got dealt and was never as advertised.  Sam told me I was crazy for being willing to send Wheeler to Miami for Stanton... DO IT

wasn't David West supposed to be great too?
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: June 30, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »

easy alex  it's early  too much expectations  harvey had a similar start in his citi park debut last yr  we see harvey and expect the second coming fastest way to contention is strong pitching to expect another harvey is crazy but a very good pitcher yes

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: July 01, 2013, 05:45:00 AM »

Minor League Stuff
Syndergaard Sharp Again, K’s Nine In Five Strong Innings
 An article by Satish Ram     22 Comments

Well, Thor just continues to make his case to be our mid-season #1 prospect (hint-hint) as he posted another strong pitching performance today. He lasted five innings against the Trenton Thunder, and ran up his pitch count with nine strikeouts. He left the game after 93 pitches thrown — 67 of them for strikes — and was in control the entire game. His only blemish all game was a lead-off home run to Ramon Flores. He settled down immediately after that – striking out three in a row to end the first.

Syndergaard would go on to allow just three hits and two walks over the next four innings, while striking out six batters. He could probably have dominated for another two innings or so the way he was going, but alas, pitch counts… It would make zero sense to allow a top prospect who is sitll the minors to break the 100-pitch marker with consistency anyway.

Syndergaard’s final line was 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 HR, 2 BB, 9 K, 67:26 S:B ratio

Honestly, the young Noah Syndergaard has made the step-up from St. Lucie to Binghamton — which is notoriously a tough move — and seems to have not even been affected… it’s ridiculous.

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:21 AM »

caesar has flown under the radar due to be tied to the doping in miami that is why the ny press has not jumped on him

One of the reasons the B-Mets have been so good: RF Cesar Puello who had two hits in game two on Saturday (including a double) and two more on Sunday, with a homerun against rehabbing big leaguer Michael Pineda, his 15th of the year. Puello is now hitting .336/.401/.612. The 22-year-old is tied for the Eastern League lead in homers, is second in batting average, tops in slugging percentage and third in stolen bases (18). Puello is 18-for-22 stealing bases. Pretty much the only blemish in his offensive game at this point is his strike zone control. He is still prone to chasing breaking pitches as his 5.4% walk rate attests. His on-base-percentage is supported by 11 hit-by-pitches.

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #699 on: July 01, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »

caesar has flown under the radar due to be tied to the doping in miami that is why the ny press has not jumped on him

One of the reasons the B-Mets have been so good: RF Cesar Puello who had two hits in game two on Saturday (including a double) and two more on Sunday, with a homerun against rehabbing big leaguer Michael Pineda, his 15th of the year. Puello is now hitting .336/.401/.612. The 22-year-old is tied for the Eastern League lead in homers, is second in batting average, tops in slugging percentage and third in stolen bases (18). Puello is 18-for-22 stealing bases. Pretty much the only blemish in his offensive game at this point is his strike zone control. He is still prone to chasing breaking pitches as his 5.4% walk rate attests. His on-base-percentage is supported by 11 hit-by-pitches.

seems like the less they talk about a kid, the better he is.  I think the Mets learned how to do this watching the Yankees.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: