Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 15, 2014, 07:52:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!  (Read 20264 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2013, 05:08:02 AM »

synergaard is not that far away pitching in high a ball he will promoted to aa ,only question
 is when then he could be a sept call up and in the rotation next yr

Do not be alarmed…you are not dreaming. This actually did happen. Noah Syndergaard was responsible for stifling the Palm Beach bats with some superb pitching while the St. Lucie offense combined for sixteen hits and a crooked seventeen runs.

So let’s give Syndergaard his time in the sun here. This young man seems to be pitching with a chip on his shoulder every time he takes the mound… I almost feel like he is angry at Toronto for trading him and he is setting out to be an ace-caliber pitcher – which is fine by me. He followed up a string of great starts with yet another dominating performance. He allowed just one run off four hits and a walk across seven innings, where he struck out seven and is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects in our entire organization.

Syndergaard retired 15 consecutive batters after allowing a leadoff double in the first. He allowed just two runners on base through the first six innings. If you were to take away the seventh inning from this start, he would have allowed one hit and zero runs over six innings with six strikeouts to boot. If you’re not impressed by the Synder man’s recent stretch of pitching, you might need to try a new sport. This is his fourth consecutive start lasting at least six innings and allowing one run or less.

Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »

he'll be another reason to take a road trip to NYSEG stadium
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »

wheeler coming sooner

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/baseballinsider/2013/05/mets-zack-wheeler-now-on-fast-track-to-majors-depends-on-who-you-ask-prospec

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2013, 07:46:45 AM »

the mets are so bad the regular met fans aren't posting anymore  time to make some moves. one more good start and wheeler needs to be here. we need a reason to watch this bunch of bums. at least i will watch two games a week when harvey and wheeler pitch.  wheeler strong again last night, one more strong start and bring him up

Prospect Pipeline
Well…he did it again. I’ve been hesistant with Zack Wheeler since the beginning of the 2013 season, but I can hold nothing else against the young man. He is pitching like an ace – with veteran like poise on the mound and in a hitter’s league, no less. I had high expectations for him and he is beginning to get there. I still don’t think we’ll see him promoted until past the Super Two date, but hey, a little more practice never hurt anyone. Except maybe Allen Iverson.
I make this statement, of course, because Wheeler is coming off yet another good start for the 51s last night. His line was solid, as he allowed two runs over seven-and-a-third innings pitched, while striking out seven batters. Perhaps the most important thing to take away is that for the third straight start – he walked only one batter. Something to note, via my buddy Mitch Petanick… “In his final strikeout in the eighth inning, he was still hitting 96 mph on the radar gun…wow.”
It was his third straight quality start in a row. Is it conceivable that the mechanical change and removal of his blister actually were the final things needed to flip the switch for Zack Wheeler? Honest to god, I have no idea, but I will take the performances he is providing as of late. The Harvey and Wheeler show might be coming to a wreck of a team near you within a month…
Speaking of AAA pitching, our current rotation after Wheeler includes Carlos Torres, Chris Schwinden, and D.J. Mitchell – with Collin McHugh being the last man. I know Meija will eventually be back in that mix too, but wow, it is not inconceivable to understand why Buffalo decided not to renew with the Mets. By the way, wouldn’t Collin McHugh be better out there than Shawn Marcum at this point? Honestly. McHugh could get called up if Familia hits the DL, but Greg Burke is also a likely candidate.
Rainy Lara really needs to be promoted soon. His domination of the league continued Friday with seven strong innings, where he allowed just one earned run and set down eight men via strikeout. His ERA at this point STILL stands at under 1.50 and he really needs a challenge. He does not have dominant stuff and he needs to learn how to work against hitters who won’t be overmatched against his pitches. I see a path for Lara to the MLB in terms of success however, as he could end up being a versatile Jeremy Hefner type guy down the line with better control at the worst. You could make the case for the promotion of Rafael Montero, Rainy Lara, Noah Syndergaard, and Zack Wheeler… what a problem to have, right?
And on the topic of promotions, I need to start counting the days until they jump Kevin Plawecki to AA. As a player with some college polish, AA should at least serve as a challenge for him – as he is clearly too advaced for A ball. His skillset is shining through, however, and he continued to demonstrate his gap power with a double in last night’s game, his second straight game with a two-bagger. It was his 19th on the year, and he has now reached base in 22 straight games.

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »

they're having problems with that really good Pirate team currently

looking forward to playing the next 4 games in St. Louis where the Cardinals are only 23 - 12

Let's Go Mets

Meet The Mets
Meet The Mets
Come On Out And Beat The Mets

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: May 12, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »

he loves the mets  has to be a yankee fan

it's going to be harvey and wheeler and pray for rain

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »

for those who don't understand stats:

1)  Harvey's biggest flaw is his batting average is .125

on a team that had only 4 hits today a higher batting average would help

2)  out of the 34 games the Mets have played so far this year, they have a record of 4 - 7 vs. winning teams

wait until they start playing the really good teams

so far they have played a really, really easy schedule 

Meet The Mets
Meet The Mets
Come On Out And Beat The Mets

sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

WE KNOW THEY STINK  WHAT ELSE IS NEW

THE FUTURE IS THE YOUNG PITCHERS

IT WILL BE 2 YRS

YES YES YES YES YES

THE METS STINK

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE AS SAID GOOD YOUNG PITCHING

Alburquerque Isotopes (LA) 3, @ Las Vegas 51s 4

Right-hander Collin McHugh (pictured) pitched well for the second straight outing, lifting the 51s to a 4-3 win Sunday afternoon at Cashman Field. The Covington, Georgia native nearly duplicated his seven shutout inning performance from five days ago, giving up a single run in seven strong today. As has generally been the case all season, McHugh (3-2) had excellent control, walking just one batter and throwing 64 strikes in his 100 pitch outing. In 49.1 innings this year, he’s issued just nine free passes while striking out 36, pitching to a 2.74 era.

PROMOTE HIM AND WHEELER

park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130512&content_id=47315536&notebook_id=47320362&vkey=notebook_nym&c_id=nym
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2013, 08:15:43 AM »

IT WILL BE 2 YRS

YES YES YES YES YES

THE METS STINK

Right-hander Collin McHugh (pictured) pitched well for the second straight outing, lifting the 51s to a 4-3 win Sunday afternoon at Cashman Field. The Covington, Georgia native nearly duplicated his seven shutout inning performance from five days ago, giving up a single run in seven strong today. As has generally been the case all season, McHugh (3-2) had excellent control, walking just one batter and throwing 64 strikes in his 100 pitch outing. In 49.1 innings this year, he’s issued just nine free passes while striking out 36, pitching to a 2.74 era.

PROMOTE HIM AND WHEELER
Harry we KNOW this edition of the Mets stinks... its called REBUILDING, unlike the past there's a few 2x4s in the lumber yard and some brick and mortar
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »

IT WILL BE 2 YRS

YES YES YES YES YES

THE METS STINK

PROMOTE HIM AND WHEELER

thumbs up
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/baseballinsider/2013/05/jon-nieses-last-two-losses-for-ny-mets-came-after-neck-injury-notes-on-yanke
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2013, 01:00:07 PM »

51s sold.. Nants couldn't possibly......  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

http://metspolice.com/2013/05/13/las-vegas-51s-sold-to-summerlin-group-fox5-vegas-kvvu/?fb_source=pubv1
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »

This just in!

If you believe ESPN:

Mets to wait on Wheeler for monetary reasons 05-13-2013

A Mets insider told ESPN New York that the arbitration clock will play a role in Zack Wheeler's arrival date.

ESPN New York  In other words, the Mets are going to wait until at least mid-June to promote Wheeler from Triple-A to avoid him gaining an extra year of arbitration-eligibility as a Super Two qualifier. None of this, of course, is unexpected. Wheeler, one of the top prospects in baseball, has fanned 47 batters in 43 1/3 innings this year at Triple-A Las Vegas. He'll be a fantasy asset down the stretch.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »

I can see no less than 6 minor league teams within one hour of North Jersey that play as well as the Mets, and I can bring my wife and eat and drink at the game (both of us) for less than the price of one bad seat at Citi Field.
And I don't get stuck with $25 in tolls and probably $20 or more to park.
They are a disgrace.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »

I can see no less than 6 minor league teams within one hour of North Jersey that play as well as the Mets, and I can bring my wife and eat and drink at the game (both of us) for less than the price of one bad seat at Citi Field.
And I don't get stuck with $25 in tolls and probably $20 or more to park.
They are a disgrace.
Name those 6 teams.... Lehigh Valley and S-WB are both good but MORE than an hour from North Jersey... start naming names.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:20:25 PM by Alex Trotbeck » Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »

how bad is it the mets sign rick ankiel   another guy who can't hit   and he's starting in center field

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »

how bad is it the mets sign rick ankiel   another guy who can't hit   and he's starting in center field
He couldn't pitch either
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »

Name those 6 teams.... Lehigh Valley and S-WB are both good but MORE than an hour from North Jersey... start naming names.

NJ Jackals 10 mins. from me.
Newark Bears 10 mins.
Somerset Patriots
Lakewood Blue Claws
Brooklyn Cyclones
Staten Island Yankees
Sussex Skyhawks
Trenton Thunder (A few minutes more than an hour)
Hudson Valley Renegades

That's 9 and there is probably one or two more I can't remember.
Lehigh is about 90 mins.
Scranton is 2 hours.
If CT. has a team, it's probably within 90 minutes.
Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »

NJ Jackals 10 mins. from me.
Newark Bears 10 mins.
Somerset Patriots
Lakewood Blue Claws
Brooklyn Cyclones
Staten Island Yankees
Sussex Skyhawks
Trenton Thunder (A few minutes more than an hour)
Hudson Valley Renegades

That's 9 and there is probably one or two more I can't remember.
Lehigh is about 90 mins.
Scranton is 2 hours.
If CT. has a team, it's probably within 90 minutes.
you said teams that are better than the Mets... there's only one AA team on that list(Trenton)  Better value you won't get an arguement
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »

Harry we KNOW this edition of the Mets stinks... its called REBUILDING, unlike the past there's a few 2x4s in the lumber yard and some brick and mortar

how many years in a row have they been rebuilding now?
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »

he's back  the #1 guy who hates the mets so much laughing guy laughing guy

get it

good young pitching is coming

Alex Trotbeck

« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »

Sam, can you really blame any Mets fan for being negative with all the garbage we've been through the last 15 years or so?  I mean the Beltran Pedro years brought us the playoffs and bitter disappointment.  Look at the Reyes years, the last Mets memory of this so called franchise player was laying down a bunt single then taking himself out of the game for a pinch runner so he could preserve the batting title.  We're tired.  I can hold out hope, but I do remember the garbage the Mets have put us through.
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: May 13, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »

played a good team tonight

add another loss
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/mlb/recap.asp?g=330513124&final=true