Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 09:14:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helicopter at Beaulah  (Read 3182 times)
runninfool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:56 PM »

Well there's a positives that could come out of this....Helicopter got claimed for 10K by Wayne Rice and according to the charts, came up empty, but still in one piece!   Hopefully, this trainer will recognize this horse's limitations and decide to stop on him or but more importantly he's now out of the Raviolli's barn! 
Report to moderator   Logged
zanzibar

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »

Equibase shows Helicopter being claimed by owner/trainer Wayne W. Rice.  Rock on Richie won.
TheFlyingFilly

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 03:33:46 PM »

I don't have Helicopters lines in front of me, but I have followed him for a few years
Its been very apparent over the last 1.5 years hes having some issues at 7 years old I think its safe to assume physical.

Hes won 20 outta 60 starts, made 350k, do they really need to drop him in for 10k at Beluah of all places?
Whats wrong with a nice retirement?

If this was Baffert or D. O'Neil dropping one like this everyone would be screaming.

I agree completely--there is obviously something nagging the horse.

And by his performance today, one can assume that a few months off won't remedy this injury, whatever it may be. He just isn't the same anymore.

Someone tell me that Rice takes better care of his horses than Rivelli.  doh
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »

I can think of a lot better ways to spend 10k..
Larry finally got his wish by dumping Copter on someone else...

Like someone else said, horse hasn't been right for a year or more.

The idea of this horse running in 4k claimers at Beulah is pretty sad...A horse that gave you guys so much head shake
Chris Szulc

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »

Doesn't look like this guy is a Beulah-based trainer? Has entries in at Keeneland on Friday and hasn't run anything since 10/2012 at KEE. Going back to 2011 no starts at Beulah. Hopefully he's in good hands....Rivelli should be ashamed of himself. I get it that he may have loved the track and all, but make him a stable pony or something don't run him into the ground. Unbelievable.
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »

Thanks all for filling me in on what happened today.
I was at work and had no internet access, I was almost afraid to come on here and read what might have happened.

I cant believe someone would even reach in and claim him for 10, but sure hope Mr. Rice does right by this fine horse.

Rivelli is a slime ball

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 07:15:34 PM »

I am so happy to read there are people here who so care for these race horses and want them to be taken care of.  It's so good to know them.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »

Doesn't look like this guy is a Beulah-based trainer? Has entries in at Keeneland on Friday and hasn't run anything since 10/2012 at KEE. Going back to 2011 no starts at Beulah. Hopefully he's in good hands....Rivelli should be ashamed of himself. I get it that he may have loved the track and all, but make him a stable pony or something don't run him into the ground. Unbelievable.

That horse was NEVER going to be a stable pony for anyone. It takes him an hour just to get to the track to train and has to be bribed with peppermints to get there.

I personally believe that he ran him there to get him claimed because he knew that no one was ever going to claim him here considering the amount of work that goes into that horse to get him to train.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 07:58:20 PM »

Off the topic I admit, but that's the first time in a couple years I've looked a Beulah chart, and the lack of horses on THEIR card is shocking. They always had cheapies and crummy purses, but they used to have TONS of cheapies in every race. 

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

That horse was NEVER going to be a stable pony for anyone. It takes him an hour just to get to the track to train and has to be bribed with peppermints to get there.

I personally believe that he ran him there to get him claimed because he knew that no one was ever going to claim him here considering the amount of work that goes into that horse to get him to train.

If that was the case, then mistake 1 was giving him peppermints to begin with.
Horses arent stupid and know if they act up and get a reward for it they will continue to do so.
Thought Rivelli was a smart horseman?
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:24 PM »

I only had a minute to glance at the chart.  But it looked like he got beat 5 lengths.... So one second or so in a super route.  Empty??  Not the toughest competition but ran with the others.

It is not unusual for decent back class horses to show up at beulah.  I almost bought one from Rivelli there last year, an old Stiritz bred horse named foxies boy, and as it turned out he was at the end of his career in that instance as well.

Best to helicoptor for whatever is ahead.  I doubt he was claimed for a pony, given the price.  But who really knows.  People spend money on stupid stuff all of the time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:26:16 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 01:51:56 PM »

Why is everyone upset with Rivelli? Does anyone know first hand if the horse ran injured? I think a lot of people are jumping the gun accusing him of things with no facts to back them up. The winner was also trained by him.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »

Some of these people act like the horse is Zenyatta.  Come on its a nice old hard nocking claimer.  I don't know Rivelli's finances but I dought he has millions to toss around.  He wanted to unload an old horse that has little value left.  He received 10K and the horse is someone elses.  Why don't the complainers here buy the horse for 10K and give it a nice home at the farm? 
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »

I dont think it has anything to do with the horse being Zenyatta but those that have watched that horse with a heart of a champ be treated like a piece of  censor imho

Maybe if I owned a farm & had lots of disposable cash I could claim & retire him but still entitles me to an opinion.
the same thing when I see the Lois Hunapileofcaca 0-50 horses run at AP.....wish I could claim those too & retire them.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »

I dont think it has anything to do with the horse being Zenyatta but those that have watched that horse with a heart of a champ be treated like a piece of  censor imho

Maybe if I owned a farm & had lots of disposable cash I could claim & retire him but still entitles me to an opinion.
the same thing when I see the Lois Hunapileofcaca 0-50 horses run at AP.....wish I could claim those too & retire them.

Speaking of, I saw that our very own Zimms has a 0 for thirty something maiden running Friday at the spry age of 8. Should be rounding into form any day now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:52:16 PM by brivolta » Report to moderator   Logged
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 09:11:11 PM »

Can't forget about the 9yo Maiden claimer 3200 that ran yesterday at FP
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 09:31:13 PM »

What about the 410K (or some such) yearling purchase (Pompa) that Chadley Brown finally ran as a 5yo firster in an M12 at Gulfie a day or two ago... poor phuqqer lost and didn't even get claimed.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »

sugar is energy.

peppermints are sugar

peppermints are energy.

not to be sarcastic , but on a real level with regard to the horses diet.
maybe he needs more sugar in his daily diet , thereby having more energy.

it seems to me that if you feed him a a bag of sugar and then he finally gets moving, maybe a diet higher in sugas would suit him fine and make him perform with a higher energy level.

like a child with a softdrink

Certified Derbytologist
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »

If ever a single post warranted a total eggnore, that's the one.  Truly a tour de force of full-on dumbitude.

Well done!

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »

The new milkshake - a 10 pound bag of sugar mixed with 5 energy drinks!
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »

Is a Slurpee Class I or Class II?  Wink

--Winston Churchill
amtino06

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »

Helicopter in for........150k Stakes at Keeneland closing day on the lawn.

http://www.drf.com/race-entries/KEE/USA/2013-04-26/i
Table Gambler
If you mess with the BULL you will get the HORNS!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »

Entered friday @ Keeneland in the GII Elkhorn going 1 1/2 Mile on the Turf.
The Commander

If you come at the King. You best not miss.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »

I'm not exaggerating, Rivelli is at Arlington Trackside every single day recently for a good chunk of the day.
Chris Szulc

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »

why is he carrying 123 lbs??
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: