Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 29, 2014, 02:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairmount Park Opens Tuesday!!!! WHAT A JOKE  (Read 2604 times)
swaymi

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »

Looked at the enties and they have trouble getting entries for opening day! Then i look at there betting options and same _ullshit fifty cent tri, 10cent super and rolling doubles and rolling pick threes. BUT NO PICK FOUR only track in Illinois without a pick four (only the most popular bet in horse racing).. who is running this rat hole! dont they get it that nobody wants to win 15 on a tri or 7.00 supers but have a chance to win a couple hundred or even a couple thousand. If i ran this place I would add a fifty cent pick five with a 100% carryover like Cal-expo..... after two or three days it would have 25k in it.( Trust me they can't hit pick three there) Bad management  JMO. THEY WANT TO FAIL   
Report to moderator   Logged
Paulie0265

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »

horse  I don't see any problem with entries  all races have 9-10  horses except 2 races
so where is the problem  Except you 't like the wagering they then don't bet

horse shoe

Good Racing
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »

Really the first has eight , the fourth has six and and the sixth has seven... THEN THE SCRATCHES WILL COME IN  Like i said WHAT A JOKE   
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »

I'm sure you'll be able to find a pick 4 at another track if you're looking for one
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:54:07 PM »

Um, have you noticed all of the 5-horse fields in Chicago??  Our allowance optionals usually attract a shorter field but the others that day are pretty full and I wouldn't expect a lot of scratches.  Your point is certainly taken on the pick 4/5.  Those bets tend to attract a lot of interest and I think that is a good suggestion.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:13 PM »

Really the first has eight , the fourth has six and and the sixth has seven... THEN THE SCRATCHES WILL COME IN  Like i said WHAT A JOKE   

Are you contractually obligated to bet Fairmount?

If so, my condolences -- you signed a bad deal. Get out of it as soon as you can.

If not, please consider availing yourself of the Barn-To-Wire forum sanctioned STFU Policy.

Thank you.
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »

Paraskevas Manley does really well there. 

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »

If you're getting worked up over FP, you have way too much time on your hands.
Paulie0265

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 01:07:56 AM »

horse shoe  ist race -8
      2nd race -ace -9
       3rd race -10
      4th race - 6s
      5 th race-10

6 th race -7
       7 th race -10

well that only have 7 race but all but 2 races are full fields
so where is  the problem
alsdo hawthorne last week  had so many 456 horse fields  AND  Arlington is known for short fields

Good Racing
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »

One of the only short field races is te allowance optional claiming that will be as tough as any opening allowance race as any in Chicago. If you look at how Fairmount horses have done at Hawthorne I think you'll be surprised. Before becoming an owner I went to Fairmount all the time as a fan and always assumed it was nothing but bad horses. The truth is racing at Fairmount is tough.
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »

There's a difference, but it's largely COSMEtic. Wink

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

Word has it Tuesday has been cancelled
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »

I see Fairmount now has advertising on the side boards at St. Louis Blues home games as well as certain replays and in between features that are "brought to you by Fairmount Park."
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »

I see Fairmount now has advertising on the side boards at St. Louis Blues home games as well as certain replays and in between features that are "brought to you by Fairmount Park."

Yes and they are also the title sponsor of cardinals spring training shows. Just how do you know these things Mr Weedelbaum?..if that's your real name
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »

Yes and they are also the title sponsor of cardinals spring training shows. Just how do you know these things Mr Weedelbaum?..if that's your real name

Why do you care how I know it?  Is brivolta your real name?  If it is good, if it isn't that's fine too, I like the discussion of racing not who's who.

I found it interesting that they were advertising at the hockey game and didn't remember it from years past though my memory is not the greatest.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:39:15 AM by Louie Weedelbaum » Report to moderator   Logged
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »

Why do you care how I know it?  Is brivolta your real name?  If it is good, if it isn't that's fine too, I like the discussion of racing not who's who.

I found it interesting that they were advertising at the hockey game and didn't remember it from years past though my memory is not the greatest.

Chill out my man I was just busting balls. Not many southern il/st Louis people on here so I just assume everyone is from Chicago. When you commented on the blues stuff I was surprised.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 11:56:32 AM »

Chill out my man I was just busting balls. Not many southern il/st Louis people on here so I just assume everyone is from Chicago. When you commented on the blues stuff I was surprised.

Than that is my fault and I deeply apologize to you.  I'm sorry.

I didn't realize there wasn't much intrest in the Blues.  I went to a game recently and nopticed the advertising.  I thought it odd.  Then on television I started noticing the brought to you by stuff.

Isn't Bernie Federko a frequent visitor to Fairmount?
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »

Than that is my fault and I deeply apologize to you.  I'm sorry.

I didn't realize there wasn't much intrest in the Blues.  I went to a game recently and nopticed the advertising.  I thought it odd.  Then on television I started noticing the brought to you by stuff.

Isn't Bernie Federko a frequent visitor to Fairmount?

Nothing to apologize for.

Yes I have seen Bernie over there. Several Blues players and former players are partners on horses but I think mainly at Woodbine.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

Nothing to apologize for.

Yes I have seen Bernie over there. Several Blues players and former players are partners on horses but I think mainly at Woodbine.

Federko owns but really likes to play.  Years back some Blues players owned harness horses when Fairmount raced harness.

I just found it so odd that a track that is struggling was putting so much into advertising at a hockey game.  I didn't even know about the Cardinals stuff.
RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »

Looked at the enties and they have trouble getting entries for opening day! Then i look at there betting options and same _ullshit fifty cent tri, 10cent super and rolling doubles and rolling pick threes. BUT NO PICK FOUR only track in Illinois without a pick four (only the most popular bet in horse racing).. who is running this rat hole! dont they get it that nobody wants to win 15 on a tri or 7.00 supers but have a chance to win a couple hundred or even a couple thousand. If i ran this place I would add a fifty cent pick five with a 100% carryover like Cal-expo..... after two or three days it would have 25k in it.( Trust me they can't hit pick three there) Bad management  JMO. THEY WANT TO FAIL   

ROFL - did you graduate from a low-ranking racetrack management school, or what?

Where did you get the crap about the pick-four being "the most popular bet in horse racing" ?

Were it so popular, it wouldn't have taken decades for the U.S. to adopt the thing from Canada.

At Santa Anita Sunday far more was wagered on Trifectas than on pick-4's during that card.

At Aqueduct on Sunday...  upward of $2 million was wagered on exactas, vs. $600,000 on pick-4's.

Track management that knows what its doing doesn't want money sitting on the shelf for 1 1/2 hours while dozens of wagering opportunities pass by, only to have the dividends distributed selectively and in such great sums that the winnings are likely to leave the premises without being reinvested.

The largest tracks can offer such bets in relative comfort because they have the luxury of soooooooooooooo much money heading their way, that a little incentive to study 4 of their races can have upside potential.

Small tracks like Fairmount get limited interest in pick-4's from bettors of any significance so they need to keep the handle churn going over and over with exactas and tri's.

This is basic stuff.

Besides, anybody at Fairmount Park when hitting a pick-4 of any magnitude is in immediate fear of his life for having money in his pocket while in the midst of a bunch of thugs who don't...

swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 03:28:23 PM »

Federko owns but really likes to play.  Years back some Blues players owned harness horses when Fairmount raced harness.
Thats when they had real racing not like this Gong show they put out there...  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Just think of all the top horsemen that raced at Fp
Miller Brothers, Tetrick , Berry, Silva, Alagna, Staulbaum, etc etc The who's who in Harness racing

In Throughbreds who made to the big show besides Guidry and Sellers
Oh I forgot Bobblehead Pompell  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

What a Joke

swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »

Were it so popular, it wouldn't have taken decades for the U.S. to adopt the thing from Canada.

At Santa Anita Sunday far more was wagered on Trifectas than on pick-4's during that card.

At Aqueduct on Sunday...  upward of $2 million was wagered on exactas, vs. $600,000 on pick-4's.

Besides, anybody at Fairmount Park when hitting a pick-4 of any magnitude is in immediate fear of his life for having money in his pocket while in the midst of a bunch of thugs who don't...

I guess TVG has no idea what thy are talking about calling it the most popular bet in Horse racing?

Well lets do the math there was nine race on Sunday at SA and they offered tri's in every race but only two pick fours SO OF COURSE there will be more bet in to them. SIMPLE MATH EISTEIN
Same goes for Aqusuck almost 2million on nine races  thats about 220k per race where two pick fours there was 600k bet into them about 300k per pick four... sounds like you need to figure out which attracts more money into the pool. 
RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »

Yo!  Einstein

Perhaps you don't understand the laws of supply and demand.  Didn't they cover those in the low-rent track management school you attended?

An exacta or trifecta could only be offered 9 times a day at a track with 9 races.  Were the pick-4 as popular as you suggest, it could be offered on more than 100 combinations of races if there was any demand for such action.

Moronic logic such as your is along the lines of that which suggests that somehow (American) "football" is more popular than baseball when the attendance/participation data isn't even close.  Just because they play 8 home games and draw 60,000-100,000 at a time, doesn't suggest that football would draw the same numbers over a 160-game season.  Were there a demand for significant NFL seasons or for the pick-4, those things would flourish.

Instead they languish.

Now stop being stupid, and stop subscribing to anything the morons on TVG serve up.

You've already proven yourself incapable of doing the math, so you'd better choose a different route.

Speaking of routes, next time you leave Fairmount late in the evening, what say you take an exit into downtown East St. Louis and park by the side of any road and take a nap...

honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »

Thats when they had real racing not like this Gong show they put out there...  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Just think of all the top horsemen that raced at Fp
Miller Brothers, Tetrick , Berry, Silva, Alagna, Staulbaum, etc etc The who's who in Harness racing

Considering what crap purses they offered for harness racing before they finally and mercifully put it out of its money-losing misery, it doesn't say a whole lot for those greats.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »

According to the DRF, Trifecta and Pick 3 at Fairmount have a 25% takeout--the highest of any wager.  I would play a pick 4 at a decent takeout.

As far as safety goes, I don't feel threatened carrying money at FP... However, the stop in East St Louis is not on my agenda.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »

Speaking of routes, next time you leave Fairmount late in the evening, what say you take an exit into downtown East St. Louis and park by the side of any road and take a nap...

They guy's revealed himself as one of those still carrying a torch for forced subsidization of harness horsemen at FP, so don't take him too seriously.

But then again, when he started ripping FP because it doesn't offer a P4, it wasn't too easy to take him seriously anyhow. A P4? This is your complaint?

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »

Cahokia Downs offers a much better product than FP. Concessions are cheaper, the dirt is deeper, and the free admission can't be beat. We can start our own AP/HAW debate for southern Illinois racing!
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 06:29:55 PM »

And they grow bigger mounds...

--Winston Churchill
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »

Ever been there? I can assure you I've never seen a thug at FP.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »

Some of these guys who post here, you wonder if they ever dare to peek out of their fortified panic room.

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »

There are 2 Jack-in-the Box restaurants left in Illinois, both within close proximity of Fairmount (Litchfield and Edwardsville).  That wins the debate.  Pick-4s, field size, purses, all of that fades to insignificance when eating a Jack-in-the Box taco.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

There are 2 Jack-in-the Box restaurants left in Illinois, both within close proximity of Fairmount (Litchfield and Edwardsville).  That wins the debate.  Pick-4s, field size, purses, all of that fades to insignificance when eating a Jack-in-the Box taco.

Who'd have guessed the "thugs" that so terrify RaceTrackRailbird were stoners.

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:58 AM »

This is hall of fame material, friends.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »

off to put in my entries for Friday.  I wonder how they will absorb another 70 horses into the mix...
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »

There's actually a Jack-in-the-Box about four furlongs from Fairmount's parking lot.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:15 AM »

There's actually a Jack-in-the-Box about four furlongs from Fairmount's parking lot.

It's coming up on Collinsville JITB season for me.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »

Just when you thought the World couldn't get any stupider.....We get those two gems from the Racetrack Railbird.....I wonder how some people find their way home at night

SHOWTIME!!!
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »

For years there was a Jack in the Box at the corner of Rand and Palatine.  At night we would sit inside munching on our tacos listening to the stoners drive thru orders coming in over the speakers. I wish I had recordings of that, some of the funniest stuff I ever heard.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 10:20:58 AM »

OK, I give in....

When I was a kid, they had the "Jack Steak" which was actually a steak sandwich, and not some ground up mash that has everything from tongue to tail in it.  It was really good and is just about the last really good thing they had.

I will admit that I have had a couple of tacos, while not in my correct state of mind.  And though they didn't taste too bad, I know they are made with some really scary ingredients.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »

OK, I give in....

When I was a kid, they had the "Jack Steak" which was actually a steak sandwich, and not some ground up mash that has everything from tongue to tail in it.  It was really good and is just about the last really good thing they had.

I will admit that I have had a couple of tacos, while not in my correct state of mind.  And though they didn't taste too bad, I know they are made with some really scary ingredients.

You spelled "awesome" wrong.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »

Waffle House in Collinsville  thumbs up
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »

Waffle House in Collinsville  thumbs up

Waffle House is a cousin of Jack's
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »

A wet bandana sandwich from Bandana's in Collinsville.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

CHILE RELLENOS FROM RAMON'S.
RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

Yes, I've been there, back in the days when De Gaulle ruled the roost.  He won the last live race, and then the attention of all turned toward some godforsaken harness track up north as we played the final opportunities of the evening.  The last harness race saw me threatening to win a big one, and as I drove off toward Louisville, I took some solace from the fact that the thugs all around me that evening were most likely headed in the other direction on the highway.   
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »

I guess Hoosier Park has no Idea what they are talking about....

“Hoosier Park is very excited for this partnership to offer racing fans this unique wagering opportunity,” Hoosier Park’s general manager of racing Rick Moore noted. “Building on the success of last year, we’ve jumped the guarantee from $5,000 to $10,000 with hopes that’s the first of many increases to come. The Pick-4 has now become the ‘in’ wager as far as the racing industry is concerned and we’re proud to offer it here at Hoosier Park.”

Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »

Yeah, let's hear it for Hoosier Park.
I happened to attend the opener at FP and managed to make a little money despite th absence of Pick-4 wagering.
There were more patrons at the races that night than Hoosier Park will have in three weeks.
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

I happened to attend the opener at FP and managed to make a little money despite th absence of Pick-4 wagering.
There were more patrons at the races that night than Hoosier Park will have in three weeks.

Yes Your right but how many were betting or were their to enjoy Zanders friday nightclub... (Party at the park) with his rolling pick three's and rolling doubles with 1100 pools laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »

Probably more in that one night than Hoosier will have all season, considering it is now 100% harness.

swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

Probably more in that one night than Hoosier will have all season, considering it is now 100% harness.

Smartest thing they ever did at Indiana...Its closer for Maker, Amoss to ship from Ky to steal the money in Indiana Downs. beer beer beer
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »

I don't know what they put in them tacos but I love them.    I travel down to El Paso and that is when I get my Jack taco fix.   

I never tried their steak, nor their burgers, just stuck with the best damned taco any fast food shop ever made.   Now as far as non-fast food chains, I know a few great places for tacos on the northside.  I am hooked on a chorizo taco at this place on Touhy. 

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »

I don't know what they put in them tacos but I love them.    I travel down to El Paso and that is when I get my Jack taco fix.   

I never tried their steak, nor their burgers, just stuck with the best damned taco any fast food shop ever made. 

A couple years back, when spending the night at some wide spot along some interstate highway, I ventured to the exit's Jack for dinner. I'm sorry but today's Jack tacos are not the same as those of my youth.

Now as far as non-fast food chains, I know a few great places for tacos on the northside.  I am hooked on a chorizo taco at this place on Touhy. 

Name, please.

Mick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »

Name, please.
Terry

El Pueblito, it's in a strip mall area where there are a lot of really good local restuarants near Touhy and Crawford (aka Pulaski).   I recommend them strictly for tacos, tortas, burritos, etc.   

If you want a nice Mexican sit down dinner go across the street to Wholly Frijoles.   There is a good tepanyaki place on the corner of Crawford and Touhy (northeast corner).   Plus there is a great Cuban restaurant just west of Wholly Frijoles.   

Mick

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »

Terry

El Pueblito, it's in a strip mall area where there are a lot of really good local restuarants near Touhy and Crawford (aka Pulaski).   I recommend them strictly for tacos, tortas, burritos, etc.   

If you want a nice Mexican sit down dinner go across the street to Wholly Frijoles.   There is a good tepanyaki place on the corner of Crawford and Touhy (northeast corner).   Plus there is a great Cuban restaurant just west of Wholly Frijoles.   

Mick

Garcias, man.

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »

No Joke

Fairmount Park Tuesday 8/13/2013

Results:  Highest Win Price $ 7.60

50% Winners even money or less (4 of 8 )

Post Time Favorite Wins 75 % ( 6 of 8 )

Lot of Smart Bettors Down There , Lack of Competition, or Aberration ?
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 10:56:08 AM »

Smart bettors, formful racing, short fields.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: