Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 03:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O/T Brian Urlacher done as a Bear  (Read 767 times)
park ranger

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152348/article/brian-urlacher-wont-be-back-with-chicago-bears
Report to moderator   Logged
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »

Buh-bye, Brian.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »

Sad to see a future H o F 'er come to the end. Hope he realizes there's no shame in NOT signing somewhere just to sign. Great player....best wishes.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:35 PM »

Brian had a nice career as a Bear but the organization is privy to his health condition and to REPLAYS ..... NICE MOVE IN MY OPINION
jack baker

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »

Brian had a nice career as a Bear but the organization is privy to his health condition and to REPLAYS ..... NICE MOVE IN MY OPINION

Great observation. The NFL is business and I am sure they know what is underneath the cover but with veteran like him there needs to be value and there wasn't.

No question he will be remembered as one of the all time greats.  Patriots maybe his next home?
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »

Ravens could use some help there but if i know Ozzie he will go younger and cheaper. But for the right price and to anchor a newer and younger d next year...  thumbs up

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »

Bears....always been behind the curve. Should have been looking ahead to replace him years ago. Typical Bears mentality....wait til they hit a brick wall then they fasten their seat belt. Cutler moves on next year. They will wait til then before they think about a QB. Trestman better be a genius.

Who will replace Urlacher? Oh that's right they are focusing on offense. No D just going to out score the other team  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy.

Seeing is believing like Cutler running the read option.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »

Considering all of that, didn't they still offer him 2 million, which he turned down ?
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »

Considering all of that, didn't they still offer him 2 million, which he turned down ?

I thought I read somewhere they offered 1 million and 1 million in incentives. Incentives probably were things he would never be able to accomplish. Management knew long time ago according to Urlacher they weren't going to try to make any deal no matter what the press releases said about wanting to keep him. They held out to see what they could get in free agency first. Once they spent the money he was totally expendable.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »

HEZ DA 3RD BIGGEST DICKHEAD ,,LIVIN IN ILL,,GLAD TO SEE HIM OUTTA HAIR,,

LAST SUMMER DURIN TRAINING CAMP REFUSED TO SIGN TWO LITTLE GIRLS AUTOGRAFS,,,AFTER PRACTICE,,I WAS THEIR I SAW IT,,,

HOPPE THE DOOR HITS THIS JERK IN DA ASSE...
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »

He has an incredible Football IQ and incredible instincts that kept him in the game this long......His physical tools have been deteriorating pretty fast.....He still gets to the right spots on the field.....He just can't seal the deal and make the play

SHOWTIME!!!
park ranger

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »

I thought I read somewhere they offered 1 million and 1 million in incentives. Incentives probably were things he would never be able to accomplish. Management knew long time ago according to Urlacher they weren't going to try to make any deal no matter what the press releases said about wanting to keep him. They held out to see what they could get in free agency first. Once they spent the money he was totally expendable.

Bears offered 2 million for one year. Urlacher felt "insulted". So they parted ways.
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 01:02:39 PM »

HEZ DA 3RD BIGGEST DICKHEAD ,,LIVIN IN ILL,,GLAD TO SEE HIM OUTTA HAIR,,

LAST SUMMER DURIN TRAINING CAMP REFUSED TO SIGN TWO LITTLE GIRLS AUTOGRAFS,,,AFTER PRACTICE,,I WAS THEIR I SAW IT,,,

HOPPE THE DOOR HITS THIS JERK IN DA ASSE...

Was gonna ask who top 2 are, but, F it, give me your top 7
APPRENTICE

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »

I'M NUMBER 2.... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

GUESS U NUMBER 1 IS,,,,

JUST SAYIN,,

PACE ....YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE,,WHO CATCHES MY SICK ,,HUMOR trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »

I'M NUMBER 2.... laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

GUESS U NUMBER 1 IS,,,,

JUST SAYIN,,

PACE ....YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE,,WHO CATCHES MY SICK ,,HUMOR trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy

Truly sick ppl find solace in knowing that they're not the only ones who operate in such a manner. I mean, we're not a threat to society or anything but it seems like you and I think/behave like 12 y/o kids, at best.. Ah well "I yam what I yam" right
APPRENTICE

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »

Truly sick ppl find solace in knowing that they're not the only ones who operate in such a manner. I mean, we're not a threat to society or anything but it seems like you and I think/behave like 12 y/o kids, at best.. Ah well "I yam what I yam" right

WHEN PEOPLE TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUS,,,WITHOUT A LAUGH

,,,MAKES THEM GET AND FEEL OLD REAL FAST

JUST SAYIN,,PACE..KEEP ON SMILIN,, trophy trophy trophy trophy
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 02:57:33 PM »

whos number 1,plz tell
Steve G

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »

a good player,,,yes.  a great player,,,i wouldnt say so.  he could never stay healthy and i know its was sometimes out of his hands,,,,,i could name countless middle linebackers that were way better and he couldnt even hold their jock straps if he wanted to, just my opinion.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »

a good player,,,yes.  a great player,,,i wouldnt say so.  he could never stay healthy and i know its was sometimes out of his hands,,,,,i could name countless middle linebackers that were way better and he couldnt even hold their jock straps if he wanted to, just my opinion.

YOU HAPPEN TO BE RITE STEVE....

WAS NEVER ANY GREAT THING,,JUST LOTS OF DIVORCES,,,AND A BAD ATTITUDE,,

HE GETS IN TO DA HALL OF FAME,,ITS A TRAVSTY...

HOLLYWOOD HENDERSON WAS BETTER THAN ,,,HIM

JUST SAYIN
TheRedMile

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »

gotta disagree some here steve and i am a packer fan
he played 13 seasons and only starting missing games the last couple of seasons.
were there better probably but he is a sure hall of famer.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »

Ok.....Reality Check.....He played 13 Seasons for the Bears and in 10 of those seasons he played all 16 games.....An absolute no doubt about it mortal lock Hall of Famer......Countless middle linebackers that were WAY better than him? Seriously.....You wanna stick with that statement?.....The Hall of Fame better build a new wing for Middle Linebackers quick

SHOWTIME!!!
Steve G

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »

Ok.....Reality Check.....He played 13 Seasons for the Bears and in 10 of those seasons he played all 16 games.....An absolute no doubt about it mortal lock Hall of Famer......Countless middle linebackers that were WAY better than him? Seriously.....You wanna stick with that statement?.....The Hall of Fame better build a new wing for Middle Linebackers quick

no doubt about it in my mind!! im not talking about the years that he played, i am saying all time there were way better middle backers!!  do you want me to list them?Huh?
jack baker

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 03:40:56 PM »

no doubt about it in my mind!! im not talking about the years that he played, i am saying all time there were way better middle backers!!  do you want me to list them?Huh?

For the length of time he played at high level I can think of one middle linebacker that was better than him in the last 20 years and that was the one and only Ray "MR.MURDER" Lewis.

APPRENTICE

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »

HEZ NOT EVEN ,BETTER THAN..... DD LEWIS

WILL U CHICAGO GUYS STOP KISSIN THIS GUYS ASSEE
Steve G

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

we all have our own opinions, and thats great. mine is that he doeant even come close to the all time greats.........

lambert

singletary

nitscke

harry carson(and i hate the giants!!!)

sam mills (small player but played large!!)

what was that guys name for the bills in the 90's,,,,,,i know he played for penn state..........Shane Colin good linebacker!!

dick butkis

ray lewis,,,,and i hate this scumbag
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: