Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 31, 2014, 01:42:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pocono Downs Press Conference Tomorrow (UPDATED) !!  (Read 1972 times)
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:20 PM »

id be kinda pissed if i had all 6 longshot winners but lost my bet because some whale wheeled 4000 combinations and covered the number as well

how do you even begin to come up with a strategy? im out
You sound like those billionaire's on Shark Tank !!
 Grin
Report to moderator   Logged
APPRENTICE

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »

Cecil it would be great if you can get there. trophy trophy
Please don't beat anyone up or try to bring in any wild animals.  laughing guy laughing guy

GOT IT ,,CECEIL.....

AND DONT COME SMELLY LIKE A WILD BOAR,,OR,,CHIMP,,OR TROUT..JUST MESSIN,,CEC,,

IF U COME ,,,I GOTTA GO,,,,

JUST FCKIN WITH U WILL BE WORTH DA TRIPP
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »

IMO a $1 bet with 15% takeout sounds like a good bet.
There will always be the fact that the smaller bettor must compete against the whales.
For the last 20+ years the NYRA pick 6 has been a $2 bet. When the nice weather comes and races have 10-12 horses of maidens or firsters ....it's a horrible bet.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 09:51:07 PM »

IMO a $1 bet with 15% takeout sounds like a good bet.
There will always be the fact that the smaller bettor must compete against the whales.
For the last 20+ years the NYRA pick 6 has been a $2 bet. When the nice weather comes and races have 10-12 horses of maidens or firsters ....it's a horrible bet.

maybe you are right. i'll play it if they ban Parker and Morrill from driving in any races in the P6 sequnce
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »

maybe you are right. i'll play it if they ban Parker and Morrill from driving in any races in the P6 sequnce
Sounds like your out Skip !!
 beer
APPRENTICE

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »

JOHNNY I PREDICT,,WEEKNITES,,HANDLE,,220K TO 250K...A COMPLETE JOKE

WEEKENDS,,330 TO 380K,,,,A COMPLETE DISASSTER...

NOT SHATTERIN YOUR DREAM,,JOHN,,JUST FACTS,,

AND IF THAT OTHER GUY GETS IN,,,,AGAIN,,

SLICE THEM NUMBERS IN HALF,,AGAIN CUS THEN ALL CREDABILITY AT THAT TRACK IS SHOT
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:56:25 PM by LUCPARK » Report to moderator   Logged
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

Probably if I ever do cash on the bet, I can assure everyone that it will pay $5,001 so I get stuck having taxes deducted bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head
jdizigg

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 09:56:42 PM »

It's a $1 bet with a 15% takeout !!!
Any complaints Huh?

Its a dumb bet, pick 6 is very costly for a dollar nobody will play it...
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »

Please don't beat anyone up or try to bring in any wild animals.  laughing guy laughing guy

aw hell no...cecil127's a big teddy bear. Grin and despite the smell i didnt try to sneak a pole cat in the grandstand sneaky
heck, if luc and exactorman are in da house i might even  beer
but more than likely just enjoy a coke with Homie thumbs up

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:01:00 PM by cecil127 » Report to moderator   Logged

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »

Sounds like your out Skip !!
 beer

gonna be too tough to get Geo Nap Jr off enough winners for it to ever be hit anyway
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 09:59:15 PM »

JOHNNY I PREDICT,,WEEKNITES,,HANDLE,,220K TO 250K...A COMPLETE JOKE

WEEKENDS,,330 TO 380K,,,,A COMPLETE DISASSTER...

NOT SHATTERIN YOUR DREAM,,JOHN,,JUST FACTS,,
I agree, that's about what it's been, and I've been a critic for many years of that fact if you've followed my posts, but I think some are attempting to re-think their positions to increase those handles, and I've got a feeling that there's more to come !!
Give them a break Luc, someone's finally trying !!!!
jdizigg

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 10:00:47 PM »

How can it be a good bet?  you have a very good probability you wont hit 6 out 6 and even if you do hit it there has to be one ticket.  its a sucker bet if it was a 10 cent base wager it would be slightly better but still a sucker bet and at a dollar base an expensive sucker bet...
APPRENTICE

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »

aw hell no...cecil127's a big teddy bear. Grin and despite the smell i didnt try to sneak a pole cat in the grandstand(snk)
heck, if luc and exactorman are in da house i might even  beer
but more than likely just enjoy a coke with Homie thumbs up

WE ARE ,,1 MILLION PERCENT COMIN,,

DONT   BE LIKE FCKIN TKSKIPPER AND STIFF  US,JUST MAKE SURE U A RE OUT THERE trophy trophy trophy
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »

I am setting up a hotel near Pocono for Breeders. The adventure will conclude with a double header Sunday night at Tioga Downs which is only about 1 1/2 hours away trophy trophy
Nicest track around ======Tioga Downs beer beer
cecil127

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »

How can it be a good bet?  you have a very good probability you wont hit 6 out 6 and even if you do hit it there has to be one ticket.  its a sucker bet if it was a 10 cent base wager it would be slightly better but still a sucker bet and at a dollar base an expensive sucker bet...

i thought youd dig it...mr pick 4 Grin

Herve Filion
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2013, 10:02:32 PM »

Pocono had a pick 7 a few years ago with a $2 minimum bet, and is I recall it was fairly successful.
cecil127

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »

WE ARE ,,1 MILLION PERCENT COMIN,,

DONT   BE LIKE FCKIN TKSKIPPER AND STIFF  US,JUST MAKE SURE U A RE OUT THERE trophy trophy trophy

tk skipp was a no show at chester opening night too....i sense i running theme here Undecided dunno

Herve Filion
jdizigg

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »

Unique Winning Ticket Provision: The net Pick (n) pool and carryover, if any, shall be distributed to the holder of a unique winning ticket that selected the first-place finisher in each of the Pick (n) contests, based upon the official order of finish. The minor share of the net Pick (n) pool shall be distributed to those who selected the first-place finisher in the second greatest number of Pick (n) contests, based upon the official order of finish. If there is no unique winning ticket selecting the first-place finisher in each of the Pick (n) contests, or if there are no wagers selecting the first-place finisher of all Pick (n) contests, the minor share of the net Pick (n) pool shall be distributed as a single price pool to those who selected the first-place finisher in the greatest number of Pick (n) contests, and the major share shall be added to the carryover. Unique winning ticket, as used in this subsection, shall be defined as having occurred when there is one and only one winning ticket that correctly selected the first-place finisher in each of the Pick (n) contests, based upon the official order of finish, to be verified by the unique serial number assigned by the tote company that issued the winning ticket. In the event that there is more than one winning ticket that correctly selected the first-place finisher in each of the Pick (n) contests, based upon the official order of finish, the unique winning ticket shall be deemed to not have occurred.
Section 308.30 Dead Heats
If there is a dead heat for first in any of the Pick (n) contests involving:
a) contestants representing the same betting interest, the Pick (n) pool shall be distributed as if no dead heat occurred.
b) contestants representing two or more betting interests, the Pick (n) pool shall be distributed as a single price pool with each winning wager receiving an equal share of the profit.
Section 308.40 Scratches
Should a betting interest in any of the Pick (n) contests be scratched, the actual favorite, as evidenced by total amounts wagered in the Win pool at the closing of wagering on that contest, shall be substituted for the scratched betting interest for all purposes, including pool calculations. In the event that the Win pool total for two or more favorites is identical, the substitute selection shall be the betting interest
with the lowest program number. The totalizator shall produce reports showing
each of the wagering combinations with substituted betting interests that became
winners as a result of the substitution, in addition to the normal winning
combination.
Section 308.50 Cancellation of Races
a) The Pick (n) pool shall be canceled and all Pick (n) wagers for the individual
performance shall be refunded if:
1) at least two contests included as part of a Pick 3 are canceled or declared "no
contest".
2) at least three contests included as part of a Pick 4 or Pick 5 are canceled or
declared "no contest"
3) at least four contests included as part of a Pick 6 or Pick 7 are canceled or
declared "no contest".
4) at least five contests included as part of a Pick 8 or Pick 9 are canceled or
declared "no contest".
5) at least six contests included as part of a Pick 10 or Pick 11 are canceled or
declared "no contest".
b) If at least one contest included as part of a Pick (n) is canceled or declared "no
contest", but not more than the number specified in subsection (a), the net pool
shall be distributed as a single price pool to those whose selection finishes first in
the greatest number of Pick (n) contests for that performance. Such distribution
shall include the portion ordinarily retained for the Pick (n) carryover but not the
carryover from previous performances.
Section 308.60 Carryover Cap
The Pick (n) carryover may be capped at a designated level approved by the State
Director of Mutuels so that if, at the close of any performance, the amount in the Pick
(n) carryover equals or exceeds the designated cap, the Pick (n) carryover will be
frozen until it is won or distributed under Section 308.70. After the Pick (n)
carryover is frozen, 100 percent of the net pool, part of which ordinarily would be
added to the Pick (n) carryover, shall be distributed to those whose selection
finished first in the greatest number of Pick (n) contests for that performance.
Section 308.70 Mandatory Distribution
a) A written request for permission to distribute the Pick (n) carryover on a specific performance may be substituted to the State Director of Mutuels. The request must contain justification for the distribution, an explanation of the benefit to be derived, and the intended date and performance for the distribution.
b) Should the Pick (n) carryover be designated for distribution on a specified date and performance in which there are no wagers selecting the first-place finisher in each of the Pick (n) contests, the entire pool shall be distributed as a single price pool to those whose selection finished first in the greatest number of Pick (n) contests.
Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs reserves the right to cancel this wager at their discretion
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »

$64 for 2 picks in each leg and you have to hope that you are the only winning ticket. I will have to pass. Good Luck to whoever plays from Btw.
Sam R

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »

The people that like that bet like to play "hide the salami."
Horse809

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »

This was the big news?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

It will take 4 weeks for the pool to get to the guarantee.

No one wants to bet the shit hole, and it is a crime that they were awarded the breeders crown again. They couldn't even handle 3 million when they had it 2 years ago. It should never be at a place like this.

The event of the year and you hold it at a track that handles shit. Total Joke
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

track handle is too small for that kind of exotic.same 12 people only bet there a night . goood luck mohegan
Horse809

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »

track handle is too small for that kind of exotic.same 12 people only bet there a night . goood luck mohegan
thumbs up

Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »

Oh, and by the way, There's going to be more news today that will probably create even greater interest !!

Those of you who don't like the Rainbow pick 6 for all of the reasons you've given (I don't agree), There will be something for everybody !!

Well, maybe except TK since he is 100% negative on Pocono Downs !!
 Grin

Stay tuned !!!!
MR.DALRAE

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 09:34:37 AM »

lets hear it then.Kelly is back if not i really dont care
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: