Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 11:39:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BALMORAL WINNERS CIRCLE !  (Read 1383 times)
race track phil

« on: June 18, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »

What the hell were they doing at balmoral tonight ?
       I noticed that when the horse and driver came into the winners circle for the picture alls you could see was there heads ! what happen to the ground level cameraman ?  could it be there to cheap to pay a guy to hold the camera or was he tardy from work ? from a standpoint of some fans who like to see the owners and drivers face in the winners circle it was ridiculous ! I mean what the hell they could be a relative watching in mongolia today and alls they get is to see the top of someones head ! just another mishap at balmoral ! but i guess it can be expected . someone forgot to tell them it was opening night and they were'nt prepared apparently ! what an operation .   

RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 11:34:14 PM »

You forgot to mention that there were no replays whatsoever all night and the sound was all *** up.
Apparently it was a complete surprise to the employees that they were racing tonight.
TK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:29:24 AM »

Don't get me started...

It's way too early in the meet's return for me to cut loose on this debacle Shocked
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 07:23:07 AM »

How did that new exhaust fan work out?
tonymfan

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 09:06:26 AM »

Don't get me started...

It's way too early in the meet's return for me to cut loose on this debacle Shocked

Did the track lose some employees or have new employees?
DLeestable

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:35 AM »

Phil,

I have to agree with you on this one. The angle of the winners circle really was bad.  Ok to show that shot for something different, but you couldn't even see the peoples faces?  I know what the horse looks like from that angle because I have flew over a few in my lifetime, but lets see the people too.  I don't want to see the top of someones bald head!! 
race track phil

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 04:15:41 PM »

donna ,        I should have been in the winners circle !  then you could have seen a good head of hair !  the rest of my body is shot , but i have good hair .    maroon           but seriously it was really ridiculous that they were'nt prepared for a lousy picture ! how much difficulty is it to have a guy holding a camera .  totally braindead !              RTP
TheTruth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »

donna ,        I should have been in the winners circle !  then you could have seen a good head of hair !  the rest of my body is shot , but i have good hair .    maroon           but seriously it was really ridiculous that they were'nt prepared for a lousy picture ! how much difficulty is it to have a guy holding a camera .  totally braindead !              RTP

Phil, Phil, Phil.....  She's not talking about THAT head!!!   Kiss

Opinions are like a-holes....everyone has one.  The problem is the a-holes with the opinions!
race track phil

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 04:34:22 PM »

TRUTH ,       This is my face   maroon   not my beautiful salt and pepper hair !   my hair is so nice , i have it insured like sam did on cheers , if i go bald my insurance coverage is 250,000 .  I shaved my head one time and had the adjuster come out and access the damages , but by the time he came out it was growing again ! he told me if i pulled that stunt again to try to collect the 250,000 he would have me arrested for insurance fraud ! oh well it never hurts to try to get a free bet . this is how i looked after i cut my hair  geezer   not all that bad !                       RTP
TheTruth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 04:38:42 PM »

TRUTH ,       This is my face   maroon   not my beautiful salt and pepper hair !   my hair is so nice , i have it insured like sam did on cheers , if i go bald my insurance coverage is 250,000 .  I shaved my head one time and had the adjuster come out and access the damages , but by the time he came out it was growing again ! he told me if i pulled that stunt again to try to collect the 250,000 he would have me arrested for insurance fraud ! oh well it never hurts to try to get a free bet . this is how i looked after i cut my hair  geezer   not all that bad !                       RTP

Phil, Phil, Phil....  That's not the head I was talking about either!!!!!    Cheesy

Forget it buddy.... Like Balmoral's camera shot, the joke went over your head (Both of them actually). 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:45:06 PM by TheTruth » Report to moderator   Logged

Opinions are like a-holes....everyone has one.  The problem is the a-holes with the opinions!
HeadInAssPatrol

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 12:14:32 AM »

From what I've heard from people in the know there, the shit hit the fan in many different places on Sunday night...not just the TV signal.  I heard they didn't plan and ran out of food too.  I'm curious to hear what else went wrong.  Wonder if the Johnston's and "mis"management will take the blame for anything.  Probably not, it's always easier to pass the blame to someone else than admit the track is run by complete idiots. 

Apparently, Balmoral television attempted to fix a lot of problems in the TV area over their hiatus, but unwittingly created more when new technology didn't mix with the old.  I heard they were rewiring a lot of stuff to clear up the picture or something, but it wouldn't jive too well with their broken equipment.  A lot of equipment that was supposed to be fixed was never given approval in time by Balmoral "mis"management.  So, it's still broken or being worked around.  At least that's the word in the clubhouse. 

It looks like the Johnston's penny-pinching ways have extended to their television people resorting to the use of severely outdated equipment (talking late 1970's here).  I'm no expert, but I don't think you can make anything good when you only have shit to work with.  It looked like it was one camera all night which could probably mean that something wasn't working to allow the other track shots to be seen that night.  They had no replays and that probably means that something was seriously wrong.  This is not a surprise from this track, is it?  I know I've seen worse from them in the past.   

I'm surprised the track isn't still shooting on film.  Ask to take a tour of the facility sometime.  They usually take you in the TV room if you ask.  I went on a tour once with a group one night.  The TV room looked like it had some pretty shitty equipment to start with.  A fellow better in the Clubhouse said the television guys are forced to take the worn out TV's from the Clubhouse and use them in their TV room before they completely die just so they can have some equipment that works.  If that's true, it sounds just like Johnston cheap-ass policy.  "Don't spend anything, just line our pockets."

Maybe one of the Balmoral television employees would be glad to share what really happened? 
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 07:57:57 AM »

They could go to garage sales and pick up some newer equiptment and save a TON of money in the process. Just a thought.
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 08:55:08 AM »

My favorite publicity f*ck up of this week came on Monday when I got my mail.  Real nice promotional flyer advertising the Grand Reopening and it actually was a really nice flyer.  The first advertisement was "The Perfect Combination For Father's Day" golf in the day, buffet and races at night.  To bad this event took place the day before the advertisement arrived in my mail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: