Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 02:02:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went Well Day return  (Read 421 times)
clockerbob

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »

I though Went Well Day would return in a Stakes race instead:

Aqueduct - Sunday, March 3, 2013

Race 2 - 1:22 PM     Exacta, Quinella, Trifecta, Super (.10), Pick 3 Races (2-4) Pick 4 (.50) Races (2-5), Daily Double Wagers  ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING $25,000 
Report to moderator   Logged
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »

I think his name is "Went The Day Well," and he's eligible for NW 2 other-than. 

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »

Motion strikes again... Cheesy

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »

Went the Day Well gained weight in the off-season otherwise didn't look
the same. Blinkers on
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »

I know the guy's won a Derby, but apart from his Eurofirsters and B-track first-time-starters, he really borders on autotoss.  Did win a race yesterday at Gulfie, but... yecch.

--Winston Churchill
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »

I know there has been a lot of talk in the racing world about drugs and especially Rick Dutrow's suspension.....Speaking from a gambler's point of view (which most people on these boards are) I think what Motion did yesterday was much worse than anything Dutrow has ever done......At least by pushing the envelope Dutrow is trying to WIN races (which is what a gambler wants)......Motion ran a horse yesterday that he KNEW was going to be 2-5 and that he KNEW was going to run bad......No chance a horse like that races that awful if they didnt have a strong indication that he would (barring an injury during the race)......Strictly from a gamblers standpoint I'd much rather see a guy push the envelope trying to win than running an unfit horse at 2-5 that he knows can't win......In my eyes Motion's actions are more treacherous

SHOWTIME!!!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »

I know there has been a lot of talk in the racing world about drugs and especially Rick Dutrow's suspension.....Speaking from a gambler's point of view (which most people on these boards are) I think what Motion did yesterday was much worse than anything Dutrow has ever done......At least by pushing the envelope Dutrow is trying to WIN races (which is what a gambler wants)......Motion ran a horse yesterday that he KNEW was going to be 2-5 and that he KNEW was going to run bad......No chance a horse like that races that awful if they didnt have a strong indication that he would (barring an injury during the race)......Strictly from a gamblers standpoint I'd much rather see a guy push the envelope trying to win than running an unfit horse at 2-5 that he knows can't win......In my eyes Motion's actions are more treacherous

Trainers' responsibilities are to their horses and owners. Not to the bettors.
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »

He was neither a B-track firster or a 1st-time Euro-emigree... hence, caveat emptor

--Winston Churchill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: