Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 09:38:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 8 Meadowlands Saturday Night  (Read 726 times)
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »

Im going to give the drivers props here.....That was a good old-fashioned line em up and get the money race.......I thought I was watching a race from the glory days when drivers actually had talent......3 guys took turns pulling in front of Pat Lachance (A horse that was 2 seconds over that field) and stalled the flow to nothing and then sent him into the parking lot around the last turn.......The number paid good......Must have been a bad night for Bodog and many other offshores
Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »

I don't know about two seconds, but I thought Lachance horse was the best before the race, and believe so after the race.

The problem with the horse is that he has both Lachance -- and an inability to leave for position in the first quarter (or could he leave with another driver?).

In previous weeks the horse would have won had Lachance simply gotten off the rail.  But they did not bet the horse until this past Saturday.  How do I know they bet?  If you have been watching the action on Lachance horses for the past umpteen years, you know that the Lachance money is early money -- and the horse opened up at even money on Saturday.

The horse lost on Saturday because of no flow, but I saw nothing untoward about the race.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »

I don't know about two seconds, but I thought Lachance horse was the best before the race, and believe so after the race.

The problem with the horse is that he has both Lachance -- and an inability to leave for position in the first quarter (or could he leave with another driver?).

In previous weeks the horse would have won had Lachance simply gotten off the rail.  But they did not bet the horse until this past Saturday.  How do I know they bet?  If you have been watching the action on Lachance horses for the past umpteen years, you know that the Lachance money is early money -- and the horse opened up at even money on Saturday.

The horse lost on Saturday because of no flow, but I saw nothing untoward about the race.

The week before wasnt Patricks' fault (it was more Gural's fault then Patricks).....He never had any chance to get off the rail......Patrick is an average driver at best but he definitely had 3 guys blocking him this week.....The horses that ran 1-2 were way overbet.....Especially the Berry horse.......Callahan went nowhere and waited for Tetrick......Who in turn stalled the flow waiting for Miller.......Miller put Pierce in for no reason other than they wanted him 3rd.......If Pierces horse didnt make a break Im betting that tri would have been short

SHOWTIME!!!
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »

Does anyone remember John Patterson, Sr.?

LaChance seems to be cut from the same mold.

2012 stats:  592 starts

68 wins

79 place finishes

90 third-place finishes

It was, I note, a classified race.  He's also got Sir Ziggys Z Tam one class up.

Capisce?

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
master blaster

not posting from Mom's basement

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »

IF MONEY WAS DOWN  dollar mucker FIGGURED HE WOULD AT LEAST LEAVE FOR BETTER POSITION LIKE BERRY

The above statement may be opinion and/or speculation.  Do not trust everything you read on the internet.
Supporter of all suspected Drug Trainers
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 02:36:23 PM »

When has Patrick LaChance last busted out of there with anything?

Image Of Dawn didn't make it to his 14th year by blasting big front-end or first-over miles every week...

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 11:26:57 PM »

IF MONEY WAS DOWN  dollar mucker FIGGURED HE WOULD AT LEAST LEAVE FOR BETTER POSITION LIKE BERRY

Why would the money be down ? The barn is about 1 for 30 for the year and the 1 winner was with another driver. Pat must have been at Yonkers that night. That was the night to run to the windows.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

The week before wasnt Patricks' fault (it was more Gural's fault then Patricks).....He never had any chance to get off the rail......Patrick is an average driver at best but he definitely had 3 guys blocking him this week.....The horses that ran 1-2 were way overbet.....Especially the Berry horse.......Callahan went nowhere and waited for Tetrick......Who in turn stalled the flow waiting for Miller.......Miller put Pierce in for no reason other than they wanted him 3rd.......If Pierces horse didnt make a break Im betting that tri would have been short

I have known you were shot out, but this takes the cake!!! doh doh doh doh doh doh doh
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:56 AM »

Comically, a LaChance horse DID win at Yonkers that night, but with Jordan Stratton, and a lucky pocket trip.

If you bet on him... well, you know the rest.  Patterson was the master of it, loved those seconds and thirds, keep yourself in the best possible company and your horses in the worst possible company, etc.

--Winston Churchill
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »

The number paid good......Must have been a bad night for Bodog and many other offshores
Good.  I hope it puts them out of business and takes their customers with them.

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: