Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 08:40:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW SULKY to be used at POCONO  (Read 4540 times)
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 07:55:40 AM »

If it makes even the slightest difference, it will help !!

Winning or losing by a head is what a fraction of a second ?

Does that mean something to the owner ?
Does that mean the difference between hitting or missing the trifecta ?
How about the driver / trainers amount of his 5% ?

If a bike could help - even just a fraction of a second - I think it can have a HUGE outcome to alot of people !
Report to moderator   Logged
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »

Winning or losing by a head is what a fraction of a second ?

Does that mean something to the owner ?
Does that mean the difference between hitting or missing the trifecta ?
How about the driver / trainers amount of his 5% ?

If a bike could help - even just a fraction of a second - I think it can have a HUGE outcome to alot of people !
  I think that if you have a sulky that can go around turns as fast as it goes straight you will soon see racing strategies change. Most drivers will stay under cover, or in the pocket through a turn. Now you will see them pulling the right line and passing in the turns, on a half mile track this will make a huge impact.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 09:11:15 AM »

most horse dont go around a turn slower than a straight on a 5/8 or mile track..they juast travel further distance..i have driven many many many horses and they dont really slow down .....on a half yea some do  but not where you guys are talking about
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »

most horse dont go around a turn slower than a straight on a 5/8 or mile track..they juast travel further distance..i have driven many many many horses and they dont really slow down .....on a half yea some do  but not where you guys are talking about
  So what your saying is that a track with 3 or 4 turns, is as fast as tracks with 1 or 2 turns. The speed ratings in your program must be meaningless.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 12:58:51 PM »

I think your tongue got caught in your eyeteeth and you didn't see what you were saying.

We'll give you a mulligan.  Re-read and try again.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:02 PM »

I've heard that a new modified sulky has been sold to a driver/trainer at the Pocono, the presiding judge has authorized it's use for racing.

They have obtained permission to use the bike for experimental purposes.     

Randy, it's irresponsible & downright fake to say the presiding judge authorized use for racing & then change the story to experimental purposes right before the track opens.  head shake

Are you just trying to drum up business?

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »

If track management uses the word "experimental" then the bike should never be used in a betting race.
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »

Randy, it's irresponsible & downright fake to say the presiding judge authorized use for racing & then change the story to experimental purposes right before the track opens.  head shake

Are you just trying to drum up business?
What are saying? The bike has been authorized for racing, the manufacturer is testing the product in REAL PARIMUTUEL RACES, its the manufacturers responsibility to test the product prior to putting it on the market. WHY IS THAT changing the story? FAKE?  DRUMMING UP BUSINESS FOR WHO?
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »

If track management uses the word "experimental" then the bike should never be used in a betting race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_of_experiments
If the bike drops 1/5 of a second price tag $5k
If the bike drops 1 second, price tag $10k
2 seconds priceless
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »

What are saying? The bike has been authorized for racing, the manufacturer is testing the product in REAL PARIMUTUEL RACES, its the manufacturers responsibility to test the product prior to putting it on the market. WHY IS THAT changing the story? FAKE?  DRUMMING UP BUSINESS FOR WHO?

Read your quotes. 

You wrote "authorized for racing", "obtained for experimental purposes".  That's a big difference.

Is it going to be used in pari-mutuel racing or not?  And who is the trainer/driver, or is this some secret?  Either say it or tell us you don't know.  No dancing around.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »

randy  the speed rating are a crook of hoooie....hell you have good horses pacing in 52 or better at at yonkers all summer..if that was the case the horses should be pacing in 45 at the meds
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 02:50:24 PM »

Read your quotes. 

You wrote "authorized for racing", "obtained for experimental purposes".  That's a big difference.

Is it going to be used in pari-mutuel racing or not?  And who is the trainer/driver, or is this some secret?  Either say it or tell us you don't know.  No dancing around.
I'm not a lawyer so I'm not gonna argue the English language
Don't know who the driver/trainer is, thought maybe someone here might know.
 From what I heard is that the manufacturer is friends with the presiding judge at the Pocono.
The presiding judge has the ability to authorize sulkies that meet all the criteria from the USTA and as long as the sulky is deemed safe and poses no harm to other drivers and horses he can allow it for use in parimutuel races.
The presiding judge can only authorize the use at his track , no others.
The manufacturer is trying to obtain endorsements from the drivers. Take those endorsements to the USTA . And get the authorization to use the sulky nationwide.
The information I have is second hand.
You can believe it or not.  
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »

randy  the speed rating are a crook of hoooie....hell you have good horses pacing in 52 or better at at yonkers all summer..if that was the case the horses should be pacing in 45 at the meds
  Yea the horses for some reason fly during the summer, they must love the heat, humidity and daylight racing.
The speed ratings are actually pretty accurate.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »

No, M1 is not 7 seconds faster than YR & no one ever said it was.  doh

If you really believe that 1/2 mile tracks are as fast as mile tracks you've never actually read a program.  Or cashed a ticket.  Or have any clue about harness racing.  But I get the funny feeling that you have & you do, so you must just be exaggerating.

An FFA pacer, under normal warm weather conditions can pace in 1:47+ at M1, about 1:50+ at YR, making YR about 3 seconds slower.  Same goes for Nfld & May, possibly Stga.  Nor, BR, Btva, much slower.  5/8's about 1.5 seconds different except maybe PCD which is unusually fast.

Also, racing during daylight tends to be slightly faster.

In addition to this, some horses - claimers - who have soreness on their left side will improve on a 1/2 mile track because they take smaller strides on their left going around the turns, easing some of their distress.  I had a great claimer in Chicago, who had left ankle issues, who was the leading claimer at Maywood but only a good horse at Bal.

The information I have is second hand.

You originally said that you saw a sulky like it being used, leading me to think you knew who the trainer was.  I'm not trying to pick you apart but I think you could've said originally that this is all 2nd hand & it's just something you heard about.

Orb

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 06:58:29 PM »

No, M1 is not 7 seconds faster than YR & no one ever said it was.  doh

If you really believe that 1/2 mile tracks are as fast as mile tracks you've never actually read a program.  Or cashed a ticket.  Or have any clue about harness racing.  But I get the funny feeling that you have & you do, so you must just be exaggerating.

An FFA pacer, under normal warm weather conditions can pace in 1:47+ at M1, about 1:50+ at YR, making YR about 3 seconds slower.  Same goes for Nfld & May, possibly Stga.  Nor, BR, Btva, much slower.  5/8's about 1.5 seconds different except maybe PCD which is unusually fast.

Also, racing during daylight tends to be slightly faster.

In addition to this, some horses - claimers - who have soreness on their left side will improve on a 1/2 mile track because they take smaller strides on their left going around the turns, easing some of their distress.  I had a great claimer in Chicago, who had left ankle issues, who was the leading claimer at Maywood but only a good horse at Bal.

You originally said that you saw a sulky like it being used, leading me to think you knew who the trainer was.  I'm not trying to pick you apart but I think you could've said originally that this is all 2nd hand & it's just something you heard about.

I've seen a prototype sulky in use, the trainer who was using it is my cousin. Who the F-uck do you think you are questioning my credibility. Dolfan you are just a wannabe who is some old M=F whom had an idea and someone bust your bubble by making it better.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »

I've seen a prototype sulky in use, the trainer who was using it is my cousin. Who the F-uck do you think you are questioning my credibility. Dolfan you are just a wannabe who is some old M=F whom had an idea and someone bust your bubble by making it better.

I'll question anyone's credibility all day & all night when you make statements like you know something when you're really getting things "2nd hand".  Maybe you should hand the computer over to your "cousin" if he knows anything.  But you wrote "Don't know who the driver/trainer is" & now you say it's your cousin?  You are so full of it!

And there is no cursing on Barntowire, newbie, so go take your insults & your BS somewhere else. You did agree that you would not curse when you signed up.

There is an "ignore" button, Randy.  Time to use it.  head shake
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:21:36 PM by Dolfan » Report to moderator   Logged

Orb

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2013, 02:41:40 AM »

I'll question anyone's credibility all day & all night when you make statements like you know something when you're really getting things "2nd hand".  Maybe you should hand the computer over to your "cousin" if he knows anything.  But you wrote "Don't know who the driver/trainer is" & now you say it's your cousin?  You are so full of it!

And there is no cursing on Barntowire, newbie, so go take your insults & your BS somewhere else. You did agree that you would not curse when you signed up.

There is an "ignore" button, Randy.  Time to use it.  head shake
While your doing that, remember to take your meds, and also maybe its time to get that new pair of reading glasses. 
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »

You haven't paid attention over the last few years.  Ranger bats .420 in Sept, Oct & Nov.  Then when Dillander & Plano & Nap show up in Dec, Jan & Feb, with their bikes, he went from .420 to .350.  Huge difference between last year & this year, especially on front-runners.

Believe me when I say that Bruce would NEVER have spent that kind of money on a bike if he did not know that he would get it back.

Apparently you dont get it.........his numbers are exactly the same with this bike as they were before it, period.......it doesnt matter who drives against him and what bikes they use.....you said the UFO has made him better but the numbers just do not show it
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2013, 08:39:53 AM »

dolfan...some of your claim is right on  but i am going to try and explain your theory of the horse taking smaller strides around a half...same strides yes  but much pressure on the horses left side..dolfan  stand on a hillside and see how much heavier ur side going down hill feels..same as for the horse..the banked turn is pushing up on the inside legs at a much higher rate than the other side  try   you will understand
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »

Should there be a wreck.........those additional parts look dangerous.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »

dolfan...some of your claim is right on  but i am going to try and explain your theory of the horse taking smaller strides around a half...same strides yes  but much pressure on the horses left side..dolfan  stand on a hillside and see how much heavier ur side going down hill feels..same as for the horse..the banked turn is pushing up on the inside legs at a much higher rate than the other side  try   you will understand

Right.  If you are STANDING on a hillside.  But you don't feel it if you are running fast.  Indoor tracks for human races are also banked on the turns.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »

True BUT the horses are not standing, they are moving & its a turn.  Anyway, the explanation that I was given seemed logical.  Based on your theory, horses should, in general have more problems on their left side than right - maybe 60% to 40%.  I don't know if that's true & I don't know of anyone who keeps those statistics but vets probably know that answer.

Apparently you dont get it.........his numbers are exactly the same with this bike as they were before it, period.......it doesnt matter who drives against him and what bikes they use.....you said the UFO has made him better but the numbers just do not show it

Truth is Bruce has struggled against winter competition the last few years & it goes beyond the logic that better competition just evens things out.  This winter has been much better for him & I believe the UFO is a big factor, especially on speed horses.

Bruce is not only a wonderful horseman but a terrific person too & we have been close for many years now so it's not like I'm dissing him.  I'm just telling it like it is.  When I dig up a few older programs I'll post a sampling of the numbers but I'm glad for him that he has had more success this winter.

I've seen a prototype sulky in use, the trainer who was using it is my cousin.

geezer  I need reading glasses?   mucker

Orb

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »

True BUT the horses are not standing, they are moving & its a turn.  Anyway, the explanation that I was given seemed logical.  Based on your theory, horses should, in general have more problems on their left side than right - maybe 60% to 40%.  I don't know if that's true & I don't know of anyone who keeps those statistics but vets probably know that answer.

Truth is Bruce has struggled against winter competition the last few years & it goes beyond the logic that better competition just evens things out.  This winter has been much better for him & I believe the UFO is a big factor, especially on speed horses.

Bruce is not only a wonderful horseman but a terrific person too & we have been close for many years now so it's not like I'm dissing him.  I'm just telling it like it is.  When I dig up a few older programs I'll post a sampling of the numbers but I'm glad for him that he has had more success this winter.

geezer  I need reading glasses?   mucker
Two different trainers , two different sulkies.
 The trainer using a prototype sulky is my cousin ,I've known him all my life.
 The trainer who purchased the sulky for use at the Pocono I don't know. But I will find out, hopefully.
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2013, 01:11:29 PM »

I've heard that a new modified sulky has been sold to a driver/trainer at the Pocono, the presiding judge has authorized it's use for racing. I saw a sulky like it being used for training and the sulky appears to be totally disengaged from the horse, an illusion. Handicappers Beware!! Check out the web site www.sulkydynamics.com

UPDATE Today
 NEW SULKY PARTS headed to the POCONO, photo's on the Home page        
Told you
king151

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:04 PM »

If I am reading the web page correctly this is not a new sulky, but an attachment to an existing sulky . And as of this morning I have yet to see one at Poconos .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: