Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 07:08:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW SULKY to be used at POCONO  (Read 4627 times)
Orb

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:04 AM »

I've heard that a new modified sulky has been sold to a driver/trainer at the Pocono, the presiding judge has authorized it's use for racing. I saw a sulky like it being used for training and the sulky appears to be totally disengaged from the horse, an illusion. Handicappers Beware!!

UPDATE Today
 NEW SULKY PARTS headed to the POCONO, photo's on the Home page        
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:38:34 AM by Orb » Report to moderator   Logged
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:30:41 AM »

another gimmick...it all boils down to what you put between the shafts....
Report to moderator   Logged
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »

Denny, I agree with you, however, why does M1 consider it that important that they announce the type of sulky in their post parades?
APPRENTICE

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »

Denny, I agree with you, however, why does M1 consider it that important that they announce the type of sulky in their post parades?

BIGM ALWAYS,,,MAKES  EVERY  LITTLE  FACT KNOWN TO ITS BETTORS,,GIVES GAMBLER MORE TO THINK ABOUT

JUST SAYIN

THATS WHY ,,HANDLE IS DA BEST EVER,,OF ANY TRACK,,,,,,

Roy Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »

Sorry but I doubt that will catch on... Especially at Pocono.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »

Sorry but I doubt that will catch on... Especially at Pocono.

...unless horses show improvement.

That's what was said about the UFO.

We shall see.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 09:57:52 AM »

Who is the driver/trainer that bought it?
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »

You don't need to know.  If it turns out to be effective, the trainer will start "lending" it out.  More importantly, unlike the other so-called new breed of sulkies, this one is easy to spot.  Check it out on the website.

It has some sort of contraption near the front which they are claiming 'lifts' the horse.
Sam R

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:22 AM »

I remember when Bino would give a few guys at Monti and Pcd every new kind of sulky and they would rent them out for $10-15 a race.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »

I remember when Bino would give a few guys at Monti and Pcd every new kind of sulky and they would rent them out for $10-15 a race.

He'd transport them tied to that old station wagon he had.
jdizigg

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »

Just because you are given a piece of info doesnt mean its important eman...
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »

Absolute truth.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »

Won't fly Orville.........

NiatrossJumps

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »

I think... if an updated version of the single shaft appeared on the market, AND was proven to be safe (and more or less legalized), every major track would see it's impact (in other words it would completely take over) in about 6 months.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »

For those who think it's what is "in between the shafts", how many races are won & lost by necks, heads & noses?  A small change could make all the difference.

But I want to know one thing: Will PCD make the betting public aware of the equipment change?

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »

For those who think it's what is "in between the shafts", how many races are won & lost by necks, heads & noses?  A small change could make all the difference.

But I want to know one thing: Will PCD make the betting public aware of the equipment change?

would you miss this in the post parade?

dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »

dolfan..pocono wont make you aware of anything...thwy could give a shit less if you are there or are even listening
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »

would you miss this in the post parade?

If I'm paying attention to 5 different tracks I'm usually not watching post parades.  Are you?

dolfan..pocono wont make you aware of anything...thwy could give a shit less if you are there or are even listening

Much more logical answer!  laughing guy

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
jdizigg

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »

Absolute truth.

If your handicapping based on which sulky is being used you might as well go play slots..  Grin
Orb

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

I think... if an updated version of the single shaft appeared on the market, AND was proven to be safe (and more or less legalized), every major track would see it's impact (in other words it would completely take over) in about 6 months.
From what I'm hearing is that the sulky will drop a horses time equivalent to that of the single shaft sulky that was banned years ago. I was reading an article about the SS sulky and it said horses were dropping up to 3 seconds.
 Have not obtained information as to exactly what sulky their using but i think its a modified Tel Star Stinger
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »

If your handicapping based on which sulky is being used you might as well go play slots..  Grin

This is not the 1st time that you have stated this type of opinion.  When I handicap, I can narrow down the field usually to 2,3 or 4 horses per race, pretty quickly & then race by race, narrow it down further, based on odds, track bias & other factors.  Included in those other factors is equipment changes & possibly sulkies.

Notably, at PPK, Bruce Ranger has had some struggles during the "prime" season here the last few years.  He has had a great season this year, which coincides with his recent acquisition of the UFO bike.  At some tracks, it still means something.

If this add-on is ground-breaking or even just a small factor it could make a difference in a tight finish.  I think it is just plain wrong to ignore it.

Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »

...and for those who think a racebike will drop one 3 seconds..my good friend Dolfan has some S FL swampland to sell you cheap. (3 seconds? really?)  LMFAO... BSmeter screwy

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »

...and for those who think a racebike will drop one 3 seconds..my good friend Dolfan has some S FL swampland to sell you cheap. (3 seconds? really?)  LMFAO... BSmeter screwy

Yes, we have a sale on swampland this week.  The 2 & 1/2 acre lot is our special of the day.  You can be a proud owner of Everglades finest, which includes 7 baby alligators & one pissed off momma gator for just...

HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »

Somebody believes bikes make a difference.....Try being a catch driver without one of the 4 big bikes and see how many drives you get

SHOWTIME!!!
APPRENTICE

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »

BUT IT DOES MAKE U GO FASTER TIMES,,,,MAYBE NOT THREE SECONDS,,

BUT  THERE IS A DIFFENCE ,,FROM CERTAIN,,BIKES TO CERTIAN BIKES
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: