Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 11:38:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AP and ITHA talking again  (Read 588 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:03:52 PM »

Here is the link:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76424/horsemen-confer-with-arlington-on-stall-rent
Report to moderator   Logged
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:38:55 PM »

There is always a deal to be had - but you can only reach a deal if you talk to each other, not everyone but each other.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:57:30 PM by beobob » Report to moderator   Logged
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:58 AM »

taking the bait Huh??
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »

This from the story in the BLOODHORSE:

"A provision included in Arlington's 2013 stabling application said that a "stall rent may be imposed" on "trainers that do not average one start per stall or on a horse which runs at another racetrack" when it could have run at Arlington."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76424/horsemen-confer-with-arlington-on-stall-rent#ixzz2M14ZgsLX

So let me get this straight. I OWN my horse business. I PROVIDE the product from which Arlington makes money, yet I will be punished for running a horse when and where the f^%# I want.

This coming from a group of robber barons.....try telling CDI how to run their business and see how far you get!

honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »

So let me get this straight. I OWN my horse business. I PROVIDE the product from which Arlington makes money, yet I will be punished for running a horse when and where the f^%# I want.

The product is Arlington Park. That's why people show up. The Arlington show starring Arlington. Been that way ever since Dick rebuilt the place.

Horsemen are merely the hired help putting on the sideshow to keep people entertained during a day of concessions purchases. They're lucky to be allowed to work there, and should be far more grateful.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:43 AM »

The product is Arlington Park. That's why people show up. The Arlington show starring Arlington. Been that way ever since Dick rebuilt the place.

Horsemen are merely the hired help putting on the sideshow to keep people entertained during a day of concessions purchases. They're lucky to be allowed to work there, and should be far more grateful.

trophy
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »

Very true.But the last time I looked there are other racetracks in the North America.Maybe the grass is greener if folks race somewhere else.
cubfan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

TERRY.....Jeez, I am an idiot.You are absoultely correct. In fact, I think it states in the program disclaimers that Arlington is the product and the entertainment and we as horsemen and fans are lucky that we are allowed to be there.

My Bad!  dunno
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: