Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 10:45:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devilfish...  (Read 5091 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2006, 08:37:23 PM »

Holy.  Freaking.  Crap.

WOW.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
d00d

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »

Very impressive.  Best performance of the meet by a landslide.
nelly

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »

Edward william,

I completely understand why they have turned down very large offers for this horse!!!!!

What a monster!!!!
d00d

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:47:33 PM »

Holy.  Freaking.  Crap.

WOW.

Best,
EW

Please spend 8 minutes on Devilfish on your next podcast.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 08:55:51 PM »

Please spend 8 minutes on Devilfish on your next podcast.

He deserves it!

Hopefully those that listened to the whole 8 minutes were able to hit that $450 tri! Smiley

Best,
EW

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »

Holy.  Freaking.  Crap.

WOW.

Best,
EW

Davey's quote: "I was trying to slow him down at the three-quarters..."   Shocked

Best,
EW

GoBuckeyez

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »

how fast
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 11:48:16 PM »

how fast

1:50.1
off stride

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:12:57 AM »

that was one hell of a nw2 .. and the purse.. 29k to the winners of a nw 2
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 01:16:05 AM »

that was one hell of a nw2 .. and the purse.. 29k to the winners of a nw 2

Harmer will be trying to buy this horse with someone elses money. YOU DAMN BETCHA ! Harmer must have any monster that other trainers have already made them into. 
TheTruth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 01:17:32 AM »

Harmer will be trying to buy this horse with someone elses money. YOU DAMN BETCHA ! Harmer must have any monster that other trainers have already made them into. 

I don't think it's gonna happen Dan.  They have already turned down some big money for this horse!

Opinions are like a-holes....everyone has one.  The problem is the a-holes with the opinions!
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 01:22:06 AM »

I don't think it's gonna happen Dan.  They have already turned down some big money for this horse!

They turn it down until the money is right. Everything in the world has a price.
TheTruth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 01:23:42 AM »

They turn it down until the money is right. Everything in the world has a price.

Yeah, but who is going to offer more than $300K???

Opinions are like a-holes....everyone has one.  The problem is the a-holes with the opinions!
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 01:25:50 AM »

Yeah, but who is going to offer more than $300K???

A guy with DEEP...DEEP pockets and a HUGE.... HUGE....HUGE ego who wants to own the best. That's who!!
TheTruth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 01:29:19 AM »

A guy with DEEP...DEEP pockets and a HUGE.... HUGE....HUGE ego who wants to own the best. That's who!!

AKA  Polansky or Arnold???

race track phil

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 01:32:40 AM »

One of the most effortlessly miles i've seen in a long time ! there 's no telling how good this horse may be ! we might be witnessing the start of a legendary horse ! lets just hope the horse stays sound and see how good he can become ! the sky's the limit in my opinion .         RTP
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 01:34:55 AM »

One of the most effortlessly miles i've seen in a long time ! there 's no telling how good this horse may be ! we might be witnessing the start of a legendary horse ! lets just hope the horse stays sound and see how good he can become ! the sky's the limit in my opinion .         RTP

It would be nice to see another Willie or Albatross for a change. I hope Harmer doesn't get his hands on this one. 
swoodall

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 04:01:54 AM »

Can any one think of a horse of any time period that won his first 2 lifetime starts as fast(for their time period) or as impressive as this horse did?  There have been a few monsters I can think of that performed at this level after 4-5 starts then continued on with outstanding careers thereafter,  but NOT this good this fast in their first 2 lifetime starts!  Can anyone come up with another horse?
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 08:05:14 AM »

maroon   Talk about impressive!  I hear he is not for sale.  He has one of the best trainers in North America.
If he stays sound, who knows what he can accomplish.  It is a little early in his career to get too excited, so I'll try and control myself.
Incredible Shadow

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 09:15:33 AM »

After watching his first start , there was no doubt in my mind he is "THE BEST" young horse I have "EVER" seen. This colt looks like a freightrain , very wide , great gait and push button, very relaxed, breathtaking speed.

The 2nd qualifier was something that legendary horsemen could only dream about, a back 1/2 in 53 in a 52 mile, 2nd time behind the gate ....... a first start in 51 with the deathgrip at the wire pacing his last 1/8 faster then a speeding bullet, then last nights jaw popping performance, can words even describe it ?  Turn on the lights  light bulb grab the beer, the parties just startin with this colt .....  its gonna be a great ride

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:20:40 AM by Incredible Shadow » Report to moderator   Logged
Tsunami

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 09:39:05 AM »

Most impressive indeed, a new track record for 3 year olds.

I wonder if trotter1 thinks this one is worth 62.5K?
Lester

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 09:42:35 AM »

Aren't some of you guys getting a little carried away here? Yes,the horse looks to a very good horse,but come on he beat up on a bunch of 20k claimers at best. He goes in 150.1 and his nearest competitor can only muster a 153 mile?Huh
Tsunami

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 09:55:20 AM »

Aren't some of you guys getting a little carried away here? Yes,the horse looks to a very good horse,but come on he beat up on a bunch of 20k claimers at best. He goes in 150.1 and his nearest competitor can only muster a 153 mile?Huh

What about "Hot and Sporty"?
Everybody was high on him as a 2year old and the owners turned down 500K for the gelding.
It seems alot of the posters on here have a good eye for horses and are correct more often than not.

JMO

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 10:17:17 AM »

He came a 121 and change final three-quarters, after being caught out in first turn and heading to the top.  That's a F3Q time that's EXCELLENT for a FFA horse -- not to mention that the final panel stuck into the wind.

The part that makes it all the more ridiculous is Davey's quote: "I was trying to slow him down at three-quarters."

What?!?

Best,
EW

off stride

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 10:24:42 AM »

watching that animal just leaves me wanting to know, who,will be his next victims, where, will he race next(hoosier cup?) what, did i just witness ..when, has there been a nw of 2 destroy a stakes field like that
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: