Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 05:43:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thursday - Gulfstream Race 5  (Read 387 times)
Ghostjones

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen a worst collection of horses in a race there before.

1 mile on the dirt for 12.5k maiden claimers. Here are the lengths beaten last out for the field:

1 - 27.5 lengths
2 - 16.5 lengths on turf (19.25 on last dirt race)
3 - 39 lengths
4 - 12 lengths
5 - 19.25 lengths on turf (only race)
6 - 7.25 lengths on turf (25.75 on dirt last race)
7 - 25.25 lengths
8 - 15.75 lengths
9 - 18.25 lengths
10 - 29.25 lengths
11 - 22.5 lengths
12 - 41 lengths

What a field and it kicks off the Rainbow P6. I would probably use the 1 who shows decent works after his crappy first and only start. Should be on the lead I would think and that is a good thing against this bunch.
And the 8 who drew the rail for his first start at 6 furlongs, then caught a sloppy track last out, now stretches out and lures Luis Saez for a decent trainer.
The only big dropper is the 5 but that is going turf (where he was 134 to 1 in a 5f race) to stretching out on the dirt for a trainer that I've never heard of and is 22 - 0 - 0 - 0 on the meet.

Any thoughts? I'm bored on a Monday night  Grin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:01:35 PM by Ghostjones » Report to moderator   Logged
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:32 PM »

In many decades of following the runners, I have never seen a Gulfstream meet this bad. Save for the occasional MSW and NW1 race, and the odd stake, it's basically Calder East. $6250 claimers?  Mdn 12s?

The trainers' top ten in wins includes Giuseppe Iadisernia, Antonio Sano and Peter Walder.  Walder is a very good trainer, and the other two aren't slouches, but... GULFSTREAM??
Report to moderator   Logged

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen a worst collection of horses in a race there before.

I'm disappointed - for only 5 of the 12 have ever earned a 'zero' Beyer before.

When you start reaching places where none of the starters has ever earned a positive integer then you've seen the light.

As for thoughts, I'm quickly drawn to the rail horse.  Pair of next-out winners (albeit slow ones) from his only prior race, and plenty of improvement potential for a lightly-raced runner who may go shooting for the lead in a spot without much early pace to it.  Smart morning works since the debut run.

Barn is a robust 47-for-224 with the sprint-to-route move over the past 5 years.   (46-for-173 when they're under 10-1)

Barn's last 10 sprint-to-route tries @ Gulfstream when under 10-1 =  3-4-1 results.

In many scenarios this horse would be a long bomb, but potentially not so much so in this field.

If you excuse the debut for the wet surface, then perhaps a main hurdle is the inside draw in this one-turn mile.

Ghostjones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:47:56 PM »

I'm disappointed - for only 5 of the 12 have ever earned a 'zero' Beyer before.

When you start reaching places where none of the starters has ever earned a positive integer then you've seen the light.

As for thoughts, I'm quickly drawn to the rail horse.  Pair of next-out winners (albeit slow ones) from his only prior race, and plenty of improvement potential for a lightly-raced runner who may go shooting for the lead in a spot without much early pace to it.  Smart morning works since the debut run.

Barn is a robust 47-for-224 with the sprint-to-route move over the past 5 years.   (46-for-173 when they're under 10-1)

Barn's last 10 sprint-to-route tries @ Gulfstream when under 10-1 =  3-4-1 results.

In many scenarios this horse would be a long bomb, but potentially not so much so in this field.

If you excuse the debut for the wet surface, then perhaps a main hurdle is the inside draw in this one-turn mile.

No doubt that is why the bug boy is up too. Curious to see what the ML will be on him.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »

In many decades of following the runners, I have never seen a Gulfstream meet this bad. Save for the occasional MSW and NW1 race, and the odd stake, it's basically Calder East. $6250 claimers?  Mdn 12s?

The trainers' top ten in wins includes Giuseppe Iadisernia, Antonio Sano and Peter Walder.  Walder is a very good trainer, and the other two aren't slouches, but... GULFSTREAM??
And the best part is...They want to have a LONGER meet.Yeaaaaaaaaa!
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:50:47 PM »

You can probably thank those nice purses in New York for the decline in Gulfstream's  racing product...
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »

Not that New York's present product is that much better

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Ghostjones

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »

1 is 5/2 fav with 8 mtp

So much for getting any value

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: